Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

We're probably getting less Stargirl scenes because of the budget.
I like the approach they’ve taken to accomodate the real-world restrictions in-universe, where only part of a week of summer break has gone by so far this season. The pace and scale are down, but that feels right for this sort of story. I hope that season 3 is big and fast and loud, but I’m enjoying this season now that I’ve adjusted to seeing it as a short story instead of a novel.

We're probably getting less Stargirl scenes because of the budget. Like we barely get to see her fly around anymore, or even just the staff moving on it's own. But I guess I prefer that instead of them using the bad CGI of The Flash. And I think we can forget about S.T.R.I.P.E., or maybe they'll just use it in the season finale. (I wouldn't be surprised if it gets destroyed)

I still like the show, but yeah I also noticed that.
Budget and I'm sure Covid restrictions too..

I like the approach they’ve taken to accomodate the real-world restrictions in-universe, where only part of a week of summer break has gone by so far this season. The pace and scale are down, but that feels right for this sort of story. I hope that season 3 is big and fast and loud, but I’m enjoying this season now that I’ve adjusted to seeing it as a short story instead of a novel.

That's true. Season one had a kind of similar format. This is probably something I would prefer to binge, but I don't want to wait a couple of weeks until I'm able to do that.

Anyway I'm just glad they didn't change this into a "villain of the week" show like the others on the CW. (Except Superman & Lois)

As soon as they announced that this show was going straight to the CW for Season 2 I knew they were going to cut back on some things considering how much they really strain the budgets for their other shows and the pandemic likely didn't help matters either and if anything probably made them cut back even more.

I'm still really enjoying the show so far though even with less Stargirl action on screen. Atleast we got a really interesting character to watch like The Shade this season and the character interactions overall are still great IMO.

It's funny how they pretend it's summer yet there's no leaves on trees, people have frost breath and the sun is clearly at a lower angle. :funny:

It's funny how they pretend it's summer yet there's no leaves on trees, people have frost breath and the sun is clearly at a lower angle. :funny:
And not a single person out walking around town!

Next week’s episode looks dope.

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS: LA, New Amsterdam, Grey's, Stargirl, TAR, Chesapeake Shores, Chi Fire and More

Any idea when Stargirl will actually show us Eclipso? Big Nick Tarabay fan here! –Dom
In a pre-season interview, showrunner Geoff Johns said that we wouldn’t see Eclipso “in the flesh” until “a little deeper into the season.” As he explained, “You will see Nick Tarabay in his horrifying makeup, but we wanted to build to that moment. So that when he finally does set foot in Blue Valley for real, and you see him manifest, it felt deserved, it felt scary, and it felt like everything had changed. And I think when people see that episode, hopefully they’ll be both happy and scared.”

The art teacher teaching summer school is a character from the comics, Paintball.
Appeared in Stars & Stripe #2-3 and IMPULSE #61.

S&S2.jpg

Paintball-Stargirl.jpg

"Come now children, play time's over"

Wow, easily the best episode of the season. Very good stuff... hopefully the show finds its groove and can deliver a strong rest of the season. I have a feeling it will, especially now that Eclipso has showed up.

Last edited:
Okay the last 30 minutes or so of this episode were all kinds of awesome IMO from that crazy brawl at the school which definitely gave me Season 1 vibes to Eclipso finally getting a proper, badass introduction.

I was expecting Eclipso to be pretty damn powerful, but seeing what he's really capable of was downright scary and now I can't wait to see what kind of hell he unleashes next.

That was a great episode and definitely worth most of the build up.

Pat getting beat up in the shop was brutal as hell.

The IJS-Teens vs. The JS-teens was definitely great my only compliments is that everyone came out virtually unscathed and that Artemis should be dead with all the damage she took yet she was able to go toe2toe with Hourman and ran away without a broken bone.

Im glad that The Shade didn't get killed off as he's a great character. Ecilpso is scary as hell and can't wait to see how they deal with him though Cindy looked AWESOME when she was briefly taken over.

Now to go see what the kids show Supergirl and her Superfriends has to offer.

That was a great episode and definitely worth most of the build up.

Pat getting beat up in the shop was brutal as hell.

The IJS-Teens vs. The JS-teens was definitely great my only compliments is that everyone came out virtually unscathed and that Artemis should be dead with all the damage she took yet she was able to go toe2toe with Hourman and ran away without a broken bone.

Im glad that The Shade didn't get killed off as he's a great character. Ecilpso is scary as hell and can't wait to see how they deal with him though Cindy looked AWESOME when she was briefly taken over.

Now to go see what the kids show Supergirl and her Superfriends has to offer.
I thought about that too but they've shown she has some sort of abilities, no? The way she threw the football a couple of weeks ago seemed to imply Artemis has super strength or something. I could be wrong though.

I was worried Shade was killed off too and I'm glad that wasn't the case.

If I had any lingering thought about Stargirl's quality dipping when it moved to the CW exclusively, those doubts are permanently gone as of last night's episode. That fight scene in the school alone elevates this to one of the series' best episodes. Brec Bassinger said on Twitter that the stunt coordinator directed the episode, and it shows.

So when did DC get Green Goblin? :o

Loved the fight, and the villain actually seems threatening. Unusual for the CW.

Are you familar with Eclipso?
Stargirl-Season-2-Eclipso-reveal-Featured-01.jpg

Braw. This episode man was awesome and Eclipso was terrifying. Yeah the Cafeteria fight was indeed pretty damn great. Like I said before they are truly selling the horror theme of the season. Not scary (kinda) but unsettling. I also love the Freddy Krueger type theme they gave Eclipso.

Last edited:
Also is the Fiddlers kid Brainwaves son? He mentioned “I know what you did to my mother and father” because that would explain why his mom showed up at the hospital in season 1. Idk just wondering but maybe I’m wrong.

Kind of bummed that Cindy didn’t want Mike to join her team but just to use him as bait. It makes sense but it would have been more interesting if he was kind of torn about it since they treat him like a second class citizen.

Also, there’s something off about Beth’s parents. I don’t know if it’s just that they’re workaholics and kind of dismissive toward Beth or something deeper is going on there. But it’s annoying to see her reach out to them only to get a cold shoulder in return.

The episode was pretty good overall. Is Cindy really gone for good though? Didn’t realize Artemis has super powers in order to take on Hourman. I feel like the clunkiness of his costume gets in the way when he’s fighting.

Kind of bummed that Cindy didn’t want Mike to join her team but just to use him as bait. It makes sense but it would have been more interesting if he was kind of torn about it since they treat him like a second class citizen.

Also, there’s something off about Beth’s parents. I don’t know if it’s just that they’re workaholics and kind of dismissive toward Beth or something deeper is going on there. But it’s annoying to see her reach out to them only to get a cold shoulder in return.

The episode was pretty good overall. Is Cindy really gone for good though? Didn’t realize Artemis has super powers in order to take on Hourman. I feel like the clunkiness of his costume gets in the way when he’s fighting.

Did you miss that throw a couple of episodes ago? That was not normal human powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"