Stephen Chow

GhostPoet

Superhero
Reaction score
Not only is he one of my favorite directors, but also a fantastic actor.

His most recent work is some of my favorite. Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu Hustle (YES!!) and CJ7. All of his recent work has a great sense of humor (toned down a bit so that the appeal is much more broad) with a strong surrealist feel to it. Great special effects, acting and stories. I have no doubt that Kung Fu Hustle 2 will blow me away!

With that in mind...I sometimes wonder how long it will be before he sells out or goes completely American like Jackie Chan did. I think that would be a crime in itself and I hope it never happens.

So, any other Stephen Chow fans out there? Favorite movie? Favorite moments?

For me...obviously the final battle in Kung Fu Hustle. But also the scene with the throwing knives with him and his buddy as they pretend to be part of the Axe Gang. CJ7, loved the dream sequence and the scene afterwards when they face off against the dog for real...lol

Come on...I know there's at least a couple people who appreciate Stephen Chow!!!

i do love kung fu hustle and shaolin soccer, in fact they are 2 of the only asian movies i even like (and i love the both of them)... but i wasn't a fan of cj7, except for stephen chow's inherent likability .

and if you consider yourself such a big fan of stephen chow, you may want to mention a few of the movies he did before the last 3 movies he did, y'know? otherwise, i think, you're just a fan of those 3 movies.

I`m glad he is producing Dragonball

I love the Chow.One of the best directors out there!The Chinese Guillermo.

i do love kung fu hustle and shaolin soccer, in fact they are 2 of the only asian movies i even like (and i love the both of them)... but i wasn't a fan of cj7, except for stephen chow's inherent likability .

and if you consider yourself such a big fan of stephen chow, you may want to mention a few of the movies he did before the last 3 movies he did, y'know? otherwise, i think, you're just a fan of those 3 movies.

To say i'm a fan doesn't mean I have to drool over everything. :p I'm sure the previous films are good...but they ARE quite a bit dated in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"