Stephen Chow's CJ7

Reaction score
Bwahahahaha :up:
Can't wait for this, I love Stephen Chow :D

----

From Wiki...

Plot and production information
  • As with the title CJ7, the earlier working titles, Yangtze River VII and Long River 7, referred to the Chinese manned space program. The mission of Shenzhou 6 was completed in 2006 and the real Shenzhou 7 is set to launch in September 2008. [2]
  • The film will have a budget of $20 million US, and will be heavy on CG effects.[3]
  • Chow plays a man who lives in a partly demolished house. He takes in a homeless boy (who is actually played by a girl, Xu Jiao). Whether the semi-demolished house and the homeless boy are on Earth, or on the alien planet is not clear. As Chow's character can't afford to buy a toy for the child, he finds a makeshift toy in the garbage and brings it back to his "son". The "toy" is actually a powerful alien device and the aliens are desperate to get it back.[4] Some rumours state that it is a "pet" rather than a "toy".[5]
  • The reason Chow's character can't afford to buy the child a toy is because he is fired without pay from his part-time job as a construction worker. His boss is a contractor played by Lam Chi Chung.[6]
  • Chow plays an astronaut who crashes his spacecraft on another planet. He befriends an android translator (played by Kitty Zhang) who can communicate with aliens.[7]
  • Scenes include Chow's character being taken to hospital after seemingly plunging to his death; the adopted child crying, whilst Kitty Zhang's android character plays teacher; a birthday party for the child.[8]
Trailer: Here!

haostill.jpg

More stills.

Looks hilarious.

Ahahah, that looks awesome, though that little plot description you got there is more confusing then helpful. :confused:

Ahahah, that looks awesome, though that little plot description you got there is more confusing then helpful. :confused:

Stephen Chow and Lam Chi Chung are in it, that's all I need to know :up:

This looks great. I really loves Chow's work. :up:

from the trailer, the movie looks awesome. :ikyn

블라스;13348136 said:
  • Chow plays a man who lives in a partly demolished house. He takes in a homeless boy (who is actually played by a girl, Xu Jiao). Whether the semi-demolished house and the homeless boy are on Earth, or on the alien planet is not clear. As Chow's character can't afford to buy a toy for the child, he finds a makeshift toy in the garbage and brings it back to his "son". The "toy" is actually a powerful alien device and the aliens are desperate to get it back.[4] Some rumours state that it is a "pet" rather than a "toy".[5]
Hopefully, she doesn't get to have identity problems when she gets older.

Not new, but still great. :)

Well, it's new to me lol.

00105cadc02d08a78fd10dhi6.jpg

When I saw the thumbnail, I thought it was Bale for a second :batman:

Man, this looks like it's going to be one fun ass movie.

I wish this was a wide release. Ain't playing at my theater this weekend, but there's a good chance it will play next week.

i love stephen chow, but i have no desire to see this.

maybe i'll netflix it when it hits dvd.

Wow, those clips are awesome.

holy cow, watching the trailer i had no idea that was a girl.

I'll be seeing it. Big fan of Asian cinema. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"