Comics Steve Ditko Documentary?

Did you watch the documentary Donald? What did you think?

Aloha,
Lee and Ditko are the creators of Spider-Man.Enjoyed what I saw of the show.
Try ebay and Amazon for the Omnibus. I got mine off ebay.
Spidey rules

Eh, Jonathan Ross' small production company took down all the videos, and threatened to take more action if they found them again.

So, using YT is out of the option...but if you want it, I can always upload a torrent.

Oh well. Maybe they're planning to release it on dvd.

Glad i got to see it though. :yay:

That's what I'm think maybe it will be coming to DVD.

Great documentary. I was away on holiday when it originally aired but I taped it and watched it for the first time yesterday.

After watching this program my appreciation of Stan Lee has lessened some what. But only because it's been replaced with the new found knowledge of Steve Ditko's contribution to the plots of those classic stories. Though I don't like the way Stan says he is happy to acknowledge Ditko as co-creator, if that's what he wants. The way he doesn't genuinely believe it himself comes off as kind of arrogant or ignorant or something. But don't get me wrong, I still love him all the same. It's Uncle Stan after all. How can you not love the guy!

Also, is it my imagination or at one point does Joe Q refer to Ditko as Alec? I'm sure he says "Losing Alec Ditko could have been catastrophic..." Or something to that effect. I've replayed the line a few times now and it sounds like Alec to me. :huh:

Aloha,
Yes the Annuals 1 and 2 are included. The Omnibus puts them in chronological order with the first 38 Amazings. Great book. A must have.I would shop around to ebay and Amazon regarding the price. I know yu can do better than $100. I got mine for $69.99 plus shipping.
Spidey rules

Agreed. Absolutely essential. I bought mine from the store. Could I afford to spend all that money on it? No. But I bought it anyway and never looked back.

It's like the Spider-Man Bible as far as i'm concerned.

It is a beautiful thing that is for sure.

I'm going to ask my gf to get it me for X-mas.

Oh well. Maybe they're planning to release it on dvd.

Glad i got to see it though. :yay:

You know, if this is the case, it's rather cheeky. BBC is supposed to be a free service as my TV license pays for their wages. On top of that, they still show commercials so they still gain more money. If they don't want it on YT, they should put it on their website....

HEEEEEEEEEEYYYY Why don't we try for that?

Perhaps if a whole bunch of us write into BBC, they'll put it up on their site!? what do you think guys?

You rock! Thank you soooo much!

Someone else seemed to upload it too, so I was able to see the last parts (your upload's better quality though). Just wanted to add that even though Stan does consider himself the creator, he gives a lot of credit to Ditko. In fact, after listening to Stan Lee I never realized how much Ditko influenced the direction Spider-man went in.

Um where the hell is it - i dont see anything resembling a steve ditko documentary!!!

I want the BBC to release a DVD that hosts all the shows it has ever made on subjects relating to Marvel Comics. I'm sure there has been stuff in the past prior to this show.

Eh, Jonathan Ross' small production company took down all the videos, and threatened to take more action if they found them again.

So, using YT is out of the option...but if you want it, I can always upload a torrent.

Hi

My company didn't take the clips down. Don't know why they got removed by youtube. Will enquire - I also own the chatshow and don't take those clips down so why would I remove ditko ? Maybe you should check before you spout nonsense as if you know something when you don't.
Cheers

JR

Hi

My company didn't take the clips down. Don't know why they got removed by youtube. Will enquire - I also own the chatshow and don't take those clips down so why would I remove ditko ? Maybe you should check before you spout nonsense as if you know something when you don't.
Cheers

JR

So any chance you could put them back up?

So any chance you could put them back up?
I'm on it. Probably won't put them back up ourselves as we do not have that agreement with the people interviewed for the show, but I'll ensure Youtube know that we are the copyright holders and we do not object to it being 'shared' in that way.
Glad you ( mostly) enjoyed it.
JR

I'm on it. Probably won't put them back up ourselves as we do not have that agreement with the people interviewed for the show, but I'll ensure Youtube know that we are the copyright holders and we do not object to it being 'shared' in that way.
JR

I loved it. If it gets released to dvd i'll BUY it. :yay:

JR

Ross? Really? Good sir, you are my hero :o

Ross? Really? Good sir, you are my hero :o

Dude, don't knock the 'Wossy,' he's one of my heroes :up:

Besides, you wouldn't have anything to throw up if it weren't for him. On top of that, he WANTS people like you to put it on the 'net for free :up:

Don't happen often in this day and age...

Dude, don't knock the 'Wossy,' he's one of my heroes :up:

Besides, you wouldn't have anything to throw up if it weren't for him. On top of that, he WANTS people like you to put it on the 'net for free :up:

Don't happen often in this day and age...

When did I exactly knock him? I was mentioning he was one of my heroes, too. The man is a legend.
As I was informing my girlfriend, Ross could pick anyone from the street for his Friday Night show and still make it one of the best shows on the BBC.

Haven't disliked any of his stuff, but I wouldn't half mind a bit more Japanorama.

When did I exactly knock him? I was mentioning he was one of my heroes, too. The man is a legend.
As I was informing my girlfriend, Ross could pick anyone from the street for his Friday Night show and still make it one of the best shows on the BBC.

Haven't disliked any of his stuff, but I wouldn't half mind a bit more Japanorama.

Sorry, took the kiss sarcasticlly lol. Been around the arrogant people on the boards too much :csad:

Hey wossy, if it's really you- loved the documentary!

Also- when you interviewed the late great Russ Meyer in 1988 this pleased me greatly too. That was an awesome show. Like Ditko, he is another of my heros.

I am sure you are aware, but in case you are not- that episode of The Incredibly Strange Film Show is included on the Mondo Topless dvd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"