Steve Trevor

acedrake

Civilian
Reaction score
Personally I always though that Steve was as integral to WW as Lois is for Supes.
But in the movie.....not so much. I want him to come back, but is he as important to WW's fans in the DCEU than to the fans of comics's? Would they bring him back. And if so, how?
What say you?

To paraphrase Jason Momoa:

I don't know if your parents showed you the last movie, but [Steve Trevor] is DEAD, kid.

Steve Trevor was pivotal in the integration of Wonder Woman into the "World of Man". The complexity of his character and the reasoning behind his choices are what makes Diana comprehend the true hardships of war and bursting her bubble of a binary world.

He served his purpose as a support character and propelled Prince Diana to Wonder Woman status. Now it's time to enjoy other kind of stories, focused more on Wonder Woman herself; and Steve would be an anchor in this kind of stories, always regressing to the maturity theme.

Barry Allen finds out that WW is still mourning over Steve. Travels back in time, pulls Steve out of the situation (that might be a spoiler) that gets him killed, and voila - he's back. :woot:

He's not dead.

He's superrrr dead.

You know, you joke, but there's a potentially good story in the idea of the Flash rescuing Steve, ensuring that he doesn't die in WWI. . . and that doing so changes nothing substantial about the world. Partly because Barry wasn't stupid enough to drop Steve off in the middle of the still ongoing god-battle, so Steve's survival gets to be a surprise *after* victory is achieved. . . and partly because the world does not depend on Steve Trevor's death. Diana did not need his death to become the heroine she became, and his continued life does not produce some inexorable paradox.

So, Barry returns to the present, and its the same. Except Diana has additional fond memories of further years with Steve, and there might be a few grand children running around the world. Diana thanks Barry for the thoughtfulness, but does inquire whether this was what he expected.

Barry Allen finds out that WW is still mourning over Steve. Travels back in time, pulls Steve out of the situation (that might be a spoiler) that gets him killed, and voila - he's back. :woot:

What if, in WW, the split second before the plane explodes, a blue cackle of lightning forks across the plane.

blink and you miss it, you just put it down to static electricity, the battle, weather etc.

Then, cut to now, Diana tells Barry about it, he says there is a way - he goes back in time tot hat moment, in the speed force Barry explains and pulls him through to present day. Can easily be done, had they thought about it.

It's comic book films. There's always a way to bring them back from the dead.

Question would be, why?

I liked him as character and thought Pine did a cracking job, but the character had a story arc and that is now done. His sacrifice and belief in WW fueled her conviction. I'm not sure what bringing him back would achieve other than to serve as a love interest for her, and tbh, I think there will be enough going on in Justice League and its sequels with the (potentially) 7 main characters and their supporting characters without needing to bring him back to life also.

Yes he saved his purpose for the movie but I mean the character in general. Not just for the movie. Getting rid of him is akin to kill off Com Gordon in a new Batman film. Sure he would probably be serving the story but Gordon is an integral part of Batman as Steve is to Wonder Woman. So getting rid of him is really weird since he is a very important part of Wonder woman Myth. Imagine if when they reboot Superman(if they do) they get rid of Lois in the first movie. Personally I couldn't care less for Lois but she is a very important part of Big Blue. I was just pondering the reasoning of removing him from the story altogether.

So not only is he not dead from the explosion, but survives the poison gas as well, which results in him becoming Joker in the present day once Barry brings him here.

I could actually see this happening! I'd like to see Pine back as Steve Trevor and if they want him back I'm sure they'll come up with a good story how/why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"