Superman/Batman

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
Okay, I have now two writing chorses to do. One is a DTV outline featuring Wonder Woman that I want DC/WB to do. And the other is a fanfic/what may happen movie script featuring the team up (NOT FIGHTING) of Superman & Batman. But before I even consider writing something like this, I wanted to see what would work for this team up since this is a crossover of two different franchises (that work well together in the comics and animation).

The crossover films thus far today have been that of versus types. Freddy vs. Jason, Alien vs Predator. Even in the DTV world; The Batman vs Dracula. Although that DTV shouldn't be an example. Superman & Batman are allies. They don't agree with the other's motives, but they do help other to get the job done. All in all, not enough for each of them to go "that's IT!" and start punching one another. So again, like all of you would agree, they SHOULD NOT fight.

The two crossover movies I mentioned above also offer something else: two different types of how to handle the characters and their universes in order for both to appear together and make sense. Freddy vs Jason was set in the Nightmare on Elm Street universe with Jason in it. Which offers one suggestion for Superman/Batman: have the film be set in a universe that better fits one superhero and fit in the other.

Then there's Alien vs Predator. For that film, it is set in one universe where both parties exist together (in the present the Predators exist in space but because of AvP, the aliens will replace them in the future). So for that, the second suggestion for Superman/Batman would be to: set the film in one setting where both characters would fit easily like in their own films.

My ideas:

- First Suggestion:
Like I said; take one character and his universe and throw in the other character. I would have it be set in the universe of Superman and have him hear about Batman and then go and find him (like Man of Steel #3) and then go off into a situation that has them fighting together with soem pros and cons which ends up having them being titled "World's Finest".

- Second Suggestion:
Tie both characters' universes and unite them both. Basically its Superman from Superman Returns & batman from Batman Begins meeting together. Because fo that, what happened (or will happen) from both franchises will be mentioned. Like Batman would mock Superman's move to leave earth for five years while Superman wouldpoint out Batman had killed someone in his "no kill" policy of Ra's Al Ghul. In the tying of both franschises, a major villian team up from both franchises would occur as well and from that, the story would then form.

So what and which do you think would work out for a Superman/Batman: World's Finest?

Probably the first suggestion even though Superman Returns and Batman Begins r both good films with good actors portraying the roles, you would probably have to forget about those films and start completely over in a nuetral universe (even though they both r in each others universes because they r part of the same universe.) You would probably also have to have a completely new cast like a new Lois, Superman, Lex, Batman and who ever he brings with himself.

But I definatly like the idea I once wanted to try to write something like this but I could never come up with a good enough story that did the characters justice so I just quit and decided to work on other things.

So its the first suggestion I stated that you agree with. And I believe your idea of a new cast and to start over. That has to happen.

Freddy vs Jason was set in the Nightmare on Elm Street universe with Jason in it. Which offers one suggestion for Superman/Batman: have the film be set in a universe that better fits one superhero and fit in the other.

actually Freddy vs. Jason is based on the premise that both exist within the same universe given the final act of the film takes place at Crystal Lake.

Then there's Alien vs Predator. For that film, it is set in one universe where both parties exist together (in the present the Predators exist in space but because of AvP, the aliens will replace them in the future).

what's that based on? :confused:

My ideas:

- First Suggestion:
Like I said; take one character and his universe and throw in the other character. I would have it be set in the universe of Superman and have him hear about Batman and then go and find him (like Man of Steel #3) and then go off into a situation that has them fighting together with soem pros and cons which ends up having them being titled "World's Finest".

so basically the same setup as the animated World's Finest movie?

- Second Suggestion:
Tie both characters' universes and unite them both. Basically its Superman from Superman Returns & batman from Batman Begins meeting together. Because fo that, what happened (or will happen) from both franchises will be mentioned. Like Batman would mock Superman's move to leave earth for five years while Superman wouldpoint out Batman had killed someone in his "no kill" policy of Ra's Al Ghul. In the tying of both franschises, a major villian team up from both franchises would occur as well and from that, the story would then form.

the actors alone would be enough to tie your film to Returns and Begins. question though - how would Superman even know about Ra's Al Ghul let alone Batman's policy against killing?

Maybe if Ra's was never foudn after that. He is a reporter, and even that would be in the news of how was the cause for the events of Batman begins.

Even a buddy cop movie has conflicts, and the best ones have a good natured scuffle. The Superman/Batman comic book is an exception, but keep in mind they've fought (and defeated) more heroes in that than any DCU villain on the market, and that's what it's taken to avoid the obligatory scuffle between these two... they have to be FORCED together, because their methods and beliefs are too different to have them working side by side, even if they're following the very same lead on the very same case.

It definatley shouldn't be a vs. film, but like GL1 said above, some kind of conflit between the two is neccessary. Perhaps they fight upon first meeting, and soon resolve their differences.

I think the way Superman Returns handled Superman's weakness to Kryptonite would definatley help a fight between them be more interesting. When he was on the island laced with Kryptonite he wasn't huddled over clutching his stomach nearly vomiting like he is sometimes portrayed. I'd like to see a fight like in the Batman graphic novel HUSH, where Batman uses a Kryptonite ring to slow down and weaken Superman enough to where he could have a decently fair brawl with Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"