World Superman first rescue.

SuperDaniel

Superhero
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well, i`m writing a Superman reboot script and i might send it to Warner Bros.

I finished the first act wich is Smallville. Trust me when i say it's very different from Superman the movie. It`s much more in tone with Forrest Gump, something like that.

Now i`d like you fans to help me by giving some ideas of how to make Superman`s first apperance.

The best thing in my script would be to have Superman saving a space plane like the Byrne origin but i`m afraid it would be too similar to Superman Returns and i don't wanna do that....

So, i`d appreciate the help in advance,

Thanks.

Just to let you know, studios do not open unsolicited scripts...ever. It's simply not done at any level of production in any form of media from TV to film. They cannot open themselves up to lawsuits. They could theoretically steal your idea and say they never saw it. On the flip side, someone could claim they sent in an idea (that they really didn't) and claim the studio used it as their own. They don't and won't in any way shape or form open themselves up for lawsuits.

If you are writing it for yourself or for fans, that's great, but if your real goal is to have it read by a studio, don't bother.

Why lawsuits? Superman belongs to Warner...so? I`d write a Superman movie for free. I want nothing in return except dignity restored to my childhood hero.

There are other ways to send it...

But anyways, I`ll get to that when it is time. This thread is for the fans to help me write Superman`s first public appearence.

Just to let you know, studios do not open unsolicited scripts...ever. It's simply not done at any level of production in any form of media from TV to film. They cannot open themselves up to lawsuits. They could theoretically steal your idea and say they never saw it. On the flip side, someone could claim they sent in an idea (that they really didn't) and claim the studio used it as their own. They don't and won't in any way shape or form open themselves up for lawsuits.

If you are writing it for yourself or for fans, that's great, but if your real goal is to have it read by a studio, don't bother.

So how does one become a writer for movies...

Sometimes studios have special departments where you can send in your script. They receive scripts all the time. All studios do, but here is the catch. They usually ask you to send some writing samples in first, set up a meeting with their writer/producer team to pitch the idea. That latter is hard to do.

BUT Studios do take in scripts at certain times. However there are stipulations. You must have and should have your script registered with a script guild/agency. Kinda like going through the patent office. It makes sure that you are recognized as the owner and originator of the script and protects you from plagiarism and law suits!

I write sripts and have about 5 or 6 [I am always changing things and making revisions] and have looked into getting into producing and film writing for a living. I want to move to Californian and be a producer/actor.

So if someone is already out there in Cali, I would like to seriously speak with you about the economy, employment with Studios, and living conditions.

I have been in talks with numerous production, marketing, and ad agencies. And they're always looking for interns to read scripts and stuff, or entry level personnel looking to start a career.

Oh, but to give SuperDaniel an Idea:

How about we enter with an extreme shoot out or heist or something action packed. No wait I got it. Serbian shoot out and battle over there in Serbia, or whatever. Fierce shooting between to opposing factions. One factions sends a missile at an other and vice a versa. This is in a destroyed city that has been ravaged by war, but their are still civilian living there. THINK of Saving Private Ryan when they they are fighting in the town.

Anyway a missile is miss-targeted at some civilians~a family and is coming near to destroy their building/home. Right at that moment they close their eyes while praying and holding each other, hoping the missile will not hit them, but they saw it coming before they close their eyes.
Right before it hits, there is silence. They open their eyes, as they cringe in fear. The camera zooms back slowly to show a hand holding it, as it has been crushed and dismantled. The camera moves up slowly to show blue spandex, and a red cape, but we can only see the back of the figure wearing the red flowing cape. The figure says some words, [You can inject your own.

The caped figure flies off and we see the kid run into the recent noisy, gun fired covered town/battlefield. The camera zooms out in a extreme long shot to show that all the tanks and guns have been amazingly dismantled and taken out of the soldiers' hands.

The kid looks up into the sky and YELLS, "THANK YOU SUPERMAN!!"

hope that helps!

Hey guys,

Well, i`m writing a Superman reboot script and i might send it to Warner Bros.

I finished the first act wich is Smallville. Trust me when i say it's very different from Superman the movie. It`s much more in tone with Forrest Gump, something like that.

Now i`d like you fans to help me by giving some ideas of how to make Superman`s first apperance.

The best thing in my script would be to have Superman saving a space plane like the Byrne origin but i`m afraid it would be too similar to Superman Returns and i don't wanna do that....

So, i`d appreciate the help in advance,

Thanks.

You see Superman as FORREST GUMP????

He is the opposite of FORREST ****ING GUMP!

Its good but a tad too smallvilley. How do you plan to send it in to w.b.?? I have gotta story n script of my own ya know though mines quite different :hehe:

It`s funny...it has nothing to do with Smallville at all. It is much more the comics and Superman for all seasons. Lana, Pete Ross and Clark are best friends, there is no Chloe, no Lex in Smallville, no Krypto Freeks.

I plan to re-write the script and actually make the Smallville scenes flasbacks instead of it following a linear narrative.

Show more of Superman`s recues, Lois quest to find who the mysterious hero is, Lex Luthor and all and interplay it with the scenes already on the script.

I would compress the whole "origin" with a few short scenes. And then start in Metropolis. And not so much "psychological" talking. We've seen that enough.

I`m actually going to start the movie with Lois & Jimmy covering some unauthorized weapon transaction between some Coronel and Intergang people( secretly working for Luthor) in some country outside the US. It`s some highly advanced technology, provably alien. I`m thinking of inventing a new country like Caznia or something from TAS. It will be something like the war on Iraq that is raving and creating a lot of death and destruction, lasting for years. All of a sudden, a blur appears and the terrorists are taken down, the weapons destroyed and the War is over.

Lois is there covering everything for the Daily Planet but didnt saw what happened really. Jimmy thinks its some kind of angel. Lois says something to the point of "I`ve been a reporter for far too long to start believing in Santa Claus". They write the story and finally return to Metropolis.

Cut to Clark in his apartment in Caznia. There is no public persona of Superman. His shows his ripped clothes, especially his black jacket, alluding to his cape in the future. He then realizes his Tight T-shirt didn't rip so that gives him some idea for what to wear in the future. He`s been tracking down the terrorists and the weapons to Metropolis so he plans to go there to check it. He talks to his parents on the phone and plans to go to Smallville for a visit first to talk about some idea he`s been having. Then we get the origin as he sees the place today and remembers of his childhood.

After that, he says something like this to his parents, who are proud of his actions and glad he is back:

"I may have stopped the war but i didnt stop what caused it". He wonders if he is doing the right thing to act in secrecy. "I`ve traveled the world, seen all the beauty of human being and also the worse things too. There`s something in common in all of them. They all have a belief that something, A force, A God is looking after them. Some pray for him to return, to aid them. In Greece, there are these tales of bravery that inspired people. I`m not saying i`m those people they are waiting but I can help whenever they need it. "

So he starts to wear the costume after this and goes to Metropolis to track down the weapon`s dealers.

Then we have the first appearence when Superman saves a train built by Luthor and Lois names him Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"