The JJ Abrams Superman script

Discussion in 'Misc. Superman Films' started by ultimatefan, Feb 16, 2010.

1. sf2

sf2 Well-Known Member

Would love to see they compile everything into a documentary TV show

2. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

I would love a documentary on the unreleased Superman movies. Maybe with a couple of animated sequences from each film included as cut aways.

3. bapi

bapi Well-Known Member

Hey guys maybe I'm wrong but I think we didn't see Betsy Heimann's (Pulp Fiction, The A-Team) suit for Brett Ratner's version yet?

4. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

I'd love that, but I think I'd actually rather a book. Like those great The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy and J.W Rinzler Star Wars books.

5. bapi

bapi Well-Known Member

wrong thread

6. Nemeres

Nemeres Easy, miss. I've got you.

I can't believe this thing has been here the whole time, I ALWAYS wanted to know what Josh Schwartz had done with the Abrams script... and apparently it was terrible, lol, at least judging from this limited info. I'm a HUUUGE fan of the very 1st Abrams draft, I think 85% of that script is amazing. With some reworking, I have no doubt it would have made audiences fall head-over-heels in love with Superman... but apparently all that those rewrites managed to do was dilute that original freshness. It's a shame they let that happen, since according to some reports, WB was thrilled with that first draft. If they'd done something with it, they could have made Superman a huge star of the 2000s, maybe even on the level of Spider-Man. Bummer.

7. sf2

sf2 Well-Known Member

no really. i happen to learn that everyone has their own interpretation of the character of superman and they won't tolerant any small alteration unlike to other heroes, said spidey, captain american or thor, which they are more receptive with new interpretation and approach.