Superman Returns Superman Returns DVD Exclusives

Ziggy

Civilian
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I know during the recent release of X-Men: The Last Stand, many people were confused as to what you got (usually for free) when purchasing it at different locations. I'd like to keep this list updated - if you know of more, please let me know!

(( If this thread should be merged with something else, by all means do feel free. Just thought it would be a good resource. ))

Best Buy -- Superman Returns Special Edition With Comic Book
Is said to just be an external case that holds the standard 2-disc version with added room for the comic.

Wal-Mart -- Superman Returns 1-Disc Edition (Widescreen/Full Screen) With Exclusive Bonus // Justice League: Justice on Trial DVD
This edition is packed like many of Wal-Mart's exclusives are, with an additonal DVD side-by-side with the standard release. The extra DVD for this release is Justice League: Justice on Trial. Unknown whether or not the Justice League disc differs from the standard release, but is probably unlikely.

I'm sure there's more for other places - I know with X-Men: The Last Stand, Target had a bonus, as did FYE. If you know of any others, please post them here!

Best Buy also has three different busts that I don't know yet if they're free when you buy the DVD or not. Probably are. But they are promos for the day the DVD comes out.

I just saw them yesterday. Here's a pic of one:

8111919.jpg

There's one of Clark doing a shirt rip and the other is of Lex holding Kryptonite. They aren't bad quality, but there's some noticeable sloppiness with the paint.

I have to get SR Tuesday but I have to wait until Friday to get the Superman II Donner cut, and Superman 1.

Best Buy will be offering the busts for $9.99 with the purchase of SR, with the exclusive being $24.99. I like the Clark Kent changing into Superman one.

Cool, I was going to make a thread like this... I guess I don't have to now.

TARGET: Anyway, I am getting my Superman Returns DVD at Target, as they have a lenticular cover, it is Clark ripping his shirt off and becoming Superman as you move it back and fourth. It'll look great with my Batman Begins motion cover! The Target release also comes with 2 Superman radio shows. The best deal by far, IMO.

CIRCUIT CITY: They have alternate box art, with Supes standing, as well as Lex standing and it comes with the Science of Superman DVD.

Including the ones you mentioned, Target sounds the best yet. I can't wait to pick my motion cover up!

~SD

This dvd I'll be buying several sets :D Target, Circuit City and maybe Best Buy and Wal Mart and yes I'm getting the special edition box set of all the Superman movies and the I'll be getting the Donner cut too. D'oh! this week I'll be spending alot to get the different dvd's :D

Interesting. I checked both CircuitCity.com and Target.com and neither of them had their exclusive DVD's to order. Hopefully they'll get them up soon - I know for X-Men: The Last Stand you were able to order them online with the exclusives, so I don't see why this should be any different.

SeriousDuke said:
Cool, I was going to make a thread like this... I guess I don't have to now.

TARGET: Anyway, I am getting my Superman Returns DVD at Target, as they have a lenticular cover, it is Clark ripping his shirt off and becoming Superman as you move it back and fourth. It'll look great with my Batman Begins motion cover! The Target release also comes with 2 Superman radio shows. The best deal by far, IMO.

CIRCUIT CITY: They have alternate box art, with Supes standing, as well as Lex standing and it comes with the Science of Superman DVD.

Including the ones you mentioned, Target sounds the best yet. I can't wait to pick my motion cover up!

~SD

I agree with you I'm getting the Target set I like that cover the most .

Morg said:
This dvd I'll be buying several sets :D Target, Circuit City and maybe Best Buy and Wal Mart and yes I'm getting the special edition box set of all the Superman movies and the I'll be getting the Donner cut too. D'oh! this week I'll be spending alot to get the different dvd's :D
The Donner cut is included in the 14 Disc Box set.

I'm gonna have to skip my lunch break tomorrow and go to Best Buy and Target.

Ziggy said:
Hello everyone! I know during the recent release of X-Men: The Last Stand, many people were confused as to what you got (usually for free) when purchasing it at different locations. I'd like to keep this list updated - if you know of more, please let me know!

(( If this thread should be merged with something else, by all means do feel free. Just thought it would be a good resource. ))

Best Buy -- Superman Returns Special Edition With Comic Book
Is said to just be an external case that holds the standard 2-disc version with added room for the comic.

Wal-Mart -- Superman Returns 1-Disc Edition (Widescreen/Full Screen) With Exclusive Bonus // Justice League: Justice on Trial DVD
This edition is packed like many of Wal-Mart's exclusives are, with an additonal DVD side-by-side with the standard release. The extra DVD for this release is Justice League: Justice on Trial. Unknown whether or not the Justice League disc differs from the standard release, but is probably unlikely.

I'm sure there's more for other places - I know with X-Men: The Last Stand, Target had a bonus, as did FYE. If you know of any others, please post them here!
I want the Best Buy one, but I have to wait for Friday when I get paid. :csad:

I work at Target so now I'll have it, and the other Super-movies staring me in the face for three days till I can buy it.

Morgoth said:
I want the Best Buy one, but I have to wait for Friday when I get paid. :csad:

I work at Target so now I'll have it, and the other Super-movies staring me in the face for three days till I can buy it.
Don't you get a 5 finger employee discount at Target?

SeriousDuke said:

Agreed. Usually I go to Best Buy, but this time I'll go to Target since they do have the best offer.

Has anyone seen the "Science of Superman" bonus dvd that comes with the Circuit City version? Is it worth getting?

jrd550 said:
Has anyone seen the "Science of Superman" bonus dvd that comes with the Circuit City version? Is it worth getting?

I just picked the Circuit City set (along with other versions) up and am planning to watch the Science of Superman disc later. I'll be sure to let everyone know what I think of it!

can anyone get a nice scan of the lithograph that comes with the Circuit City dvd?

Ziggy said:
I just picked the Circuit City set (along with other versions) up and am planning to watch the Science of Superman disc later. I'll be sure to let everyone know what I think of it!

Is Science of Superman in subtitles or CC(closed caption?)

Well, here's what I did.

I was at Target and I saw the Ultimate Edition. I couldn't resist it... knowing it had those glorious Fleisher cartoons. I also snagged a lenticular cover because it was so damn cool... and figured that I could care less about the Superman Radio Shows... just get the cover to match my Begins one.

I'm very happy now... now, I just have to worry about my Superman III disc. I think I'm going to do this. Put my disc in a case and go up to a store and buy the Superman III Deluxe Edition. Walk outside, open it up, switch DVDs, and then return it.

I'm going to do that. I can't wait any longer for WB to clear up this mess... and, I don't think I need to worry about the audio differences on the first disc... what's the big deal with that anyway?

~SD

Interesting . . . I went to FYE, a store in my local mall but it's a nationwide chain, to buy an Ultimate Collector's Set for my friend (for Christmas) since I already have mine. I saw a poster advertising a FREE Bonus DVD for Pre-Ordering the DVD there, which made me kind of curious. I asked someone about it, and they said they were instructed only to give them out for pre-orders - nothing else.

Well, lo and behold, when I went to check out with the UCE, the employee accidentally tore a bit of the plastic off of the back of the box (when removing the security tag). It wasn't a huge deal, really - but for doing it, she gave me the bonus DVD for free!

There are seventeen Max and David Fleischer Superman cartoons on it - I've never seen them (and didn't really intend to) but hey, it was free.

So now I'm up to:

Ultimate Collector's Edition
Target Exclusive Lenticular Cover With Radio Shows
Circuit City Exclusive With "Science of Superman DVD"
Best Buy Exclusive With Comic Book

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"