Superman Returns "Superman Returns" or "Superman The Movie"...for best introduction to Superman

SR is a requel. so lets wait until june 30.

venom420 said:
This is a dumb poll because even though Superman Returns hasn't come out yet, it is becoming more and more obvious that this new film is a direct sequel to Superman The Movie, and therefor they should be seen in that order!!

The poll would be possibly "dumb" if I asked you to judge each movie (based on how each story played out)...but I'm asking you about introducing the "non-fan" to Superman "the character" (not the story of either movie). In all honesty, you don't even have to have seen STM in order to answer this question...or vote in the poll.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
I understand enommaz, but I'm simply saying it's hard to tell which would introduce Superman the best since we don't know to which capacity Singer has handled this possibility. A lot of us hard-corers still don't know really how to judge this film as far as how it handles STM. It would be a good question after the movie is out though.

Not trying to mess your thread up tho and sorry if I did.

You're a 100% cool Solid...and actually instrumental in making the thread worthy :up:. If all of us looked at these threads (responses and all) in the same way, these forums would be a little on the boring side.:)

enommaz said:
The poll would be possibly "dumb" if I asked you to judge each movie (based on how each story played out)...but I'm asking you about introducing the non-fan to Superman "the character" (not the story of either movie). In all honesty, you don't even have to have seen STM in order to answer this question...or vote in the poll.

Well, Im sorry that you feel that for for one, but my comment stands. Returns is pretty much a sequel, with the same characterizations and storylines, as Superman The Movie. So I would introduce the non-fan to S:TM first, because Returns is the follow-up with nothing changed from what Ive seen!!!

enommaz said:
This is how you can judge...

If a person came up to you and said..."hey, I heard there was this new Superman movie coming out, I heard it was kind of a sequel to the first movie made back in the late 70's...do you think I should watch the old one (70's version) or just wait and see the new one, since I've never seen either"? "I heard somewhere that Bryan Singer said, you didn't necessarily have to see the first movie if you wanted to see Superman Returns...what do you think?"

Of course we can't judge Superman Returns, because we haven't seen it; and you can't judge Superman The Movie for a person who hasn't seen it either (you can tell them your feelings about STM...and whether you feel its worth seeing before watching SR)...or you can suggest to them that its probably better just to go into SR and be introduced to Superman without the STM baggage.

I think you're reaching for something that isn't there. We have no idea how much of the origin story Singer is going to cover, so we have no reference as to how much of the back-story we can expect from SR. If the backstory in SR is enough, then S:TM can even be seen after watching SR. If SR doesnt cover the origin well enough, then the casual movie goer should consider watching S:TM before watching SR. Either way, this poll, and this thread should be postponed until SR comes out, coz in order for us to make these distinctions, we first need to watch SR. Period.

venom420 said:
Well, Im sorry that you feel that for for one, but my comment stands. Returns is pretty much a sequel, with the same characterizations and storylines, as Superman The Movie. So I would introduce the non-fan to S:TM first, because Returns is the follow-up with nothing changed from what Ive seen!!!

I respect your comment...and that you stand by it.:up:

i think ill make them watch smallville since the christopher reeve movie was boring..and to me the christopher reeve wasnt that good.. the actors wee all bad..margot kidder was ugly as hell and lex was a clown.

enommaz said:
respect your comment...and that you stand by it.:up:

venom420 said:
And I apologize for calling the poll dumb.......

I love it when guys can pat each other on the back, and just agree to disagree. Very mature, indeed :up:

sammydr said:
i think ill make them watch smallville since the christopher reeve movie was boring..and to me the christopher reeve wasnt that good.. the actors wee all bad..margot kidder was ugly as hell and lex was a clown.

Kidder was fugly and Lex was a clown, all true, but how dare you bad mouth Chrsitopher Reeve. You obviously are not a true Superman fan and are simply trolling the board looking to get people pissed.

sammydr said:

Smallville over Superman: The Movie???.... well... I can safely say that you have lost all credibility around here. :o

smallville will be the best introduction since superman the movie wasn't that goood..i think it would put any kid to sleep

sammydr said:
smallville will be the best introduction since superman the movie was that goood..i think it would put any kid to sleep

Isn't it time for your nappy to be changed?

i am a huge superman fan but u got to admit ..make any kid watch superman the movie and they will fall a sleep ..but if u make them watch smallville they will become attach to to the show

sammydr said:
smallville will be the best introduction since superman the movie wasn't that goood..i think it would put any kid to sleep

laughing_Jerry.gif

sammydr said:

You liked the "Smallville" pilot origin over "Superman The Movie's" origin story? Not trashing your opinion...but I am curious as to why.

sammydr said:
i am a huge superman fan but u got to admit ..make any kid watch superman the movie and they will fall a sleep ..but if u make them watch smallville they will become attach to to the show

Superman fan... huh? And you love Smallville? Well, there's nothing wrong with that, however, you do know that whatver you saw or are seeing in Smallville is in direct violation of the Superman mythos we all came to love over the years. So, Superman: The Movie, is a much more viable choice for a 'true' Superman fan than the evolutionary show Smallville.

sammydr said:

Do you not like this person or something.

u guys can laugh all u want but u know im right...the lex luthor in smallville is way better than the one in the superman the movie...lana is also more good looking...lois is way better looking than the one in the superman the movie...and tom welling is way more talented than christopher reeves. plus he looks more like clark and doesnt look so geeky

i actually learn more about superman in smallville that in that old movie

sammydr said:
u guys can laugh all u want but u know im right...the lex luthor in smallville is way better than the one in the superman the movie...lana is also more good looking...lois is way better looking than the one in the superman the movie...and tom welling is way more talented than christopher reeves. plus he looks more like clark and doesnt look so geeky

You have a lot of nerve talking about Chris Reeve like that. And for your information, Clark Kent is supposed to be "geeky"... it's part of the disguise. And your basing all your arguments in terms of looks? What are you 8? Oh, sorry. My bad. Obviously, you are 8. Any mature human being with the least bit of understanding won't base his opinion on looks when it comes to Superman: The Movie, and Smallville.

You are a real piece of work. Trolling is not tolerated in these boards, so I'd hit the road if i were you... right about now.

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
I think you're reaching for something that isn't there. We have no idea how much of the origin story Singer is going to cover, so we have no reference as to how much of the back-story we can expect from SR. If the backstory in SR is enough, then S:TM can even be seen after watching SR. If SR doesnt cover the origin well enough, then the casual movie goer should consider watching S:TM before watching SR. Either way, this poll, and this thread should be postponed until SR comes out, coz in order for us to make these distinctions, we first need to watch SR. Period.

I can see what you're saying...I can dig it too.

sammydr said:
i actually learn more about superman in smallville that in that old movie

So, your extent of knowledge regarding Superman is contained up to Smallville? LOL. :D

WOW. Just WOW. I'm impressed. Teach me about Superman, will you? I'm sure Smallville has tons of stuff that are perfectly in tune with the comics. Like um, lets see:

1) The existance of Chloe Sullivan and Lionel Luthor
2) Lois meeting Clark before he arrives in Metropolis to work as a reporter
3) Lex and Clark being best friends for a while
4) The meteor freaks
5) Lana and Lex hooking up

and so much more! Come on, enlighten us all.

ok do this for me plz make your kid watch superman the movie and they would fall a sleep so fast that is not even funny.... for god sakes they gave the guy to much power.. a kiss that erases memory?.. wat the heck was that..if u make any kid watch superman the movie ill bet u hey will think the superman is boring..and they would rather watch spiderman who i hate..so every time i introduce superman to someone i lend them my smallville collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"