Sequels Superman Returns Sequel FAQ

Looks like Zod, but I think Singer is afraid of the Donner ripoff remarks...

I'd like to see Darkseid or Metallo....Even Brainaic (not a fan of him)...Zod = been there, done that....

SpiderMarc said:
Looks like Zod, but I think Singer is afraid of the Donner ripoff remarks...
...Zod = been there, done that....

Luthor= Been there done that (Four Freakin Times)

Joker = Been there done that......

Just cuz he was in ONE movie over 20 years ago doesnt mean that he can be in a movie many years later......

So with legendary gearing up it seems a sequel is more likely, all we can do now is pray that this movie kicks butt.....:up:

a lois lane spin-off??? HAHAHAHA. That would be terrible.

boywonder13 said:

dude you may want to keep an eye on the Lois Lane spin-off news, seems like its hogwash.

Now that I think about it. Zod would be freaking awesome to put in this movie!

With today's special effects, imagine how awesome a battle between two Kryptonians in the skies of Metropolis would be.

you want to see two Krypotnians duking it out on the sequel? so do i. but lets give Zod a rest and go for something more original. go for Brainiac. they can really get creative with him too. he has been organic, inorganic, both at the same time even. using Brainiac has so much more creative room compared to Zod.

Steelsheen said:
dude you may want to keep an eye on the Lois Lane spin-off news, seems like its hogwash.

yah I know, but what else can we discuss....it is a possibility though....and maybe this rumor could spark the development, u never know....

Steelsheen said:
you want to see two Krypotnians duking it out on the sequel? so do i. but lets give Zod a rest and go for something more original. go for Brainiac. they can really get creative with him too. he has been organic, inorganic, both at the same time even. using Brainiac has so much more creative room compared to Zod.

I'm not talking about Superman vs. STAS Brainiac. I'm talking about pure Kryptonian vs. pure Kryptonian. Strength against strength (powerful blows sending them for miles, shockwaves destroying buildings), a fight in mid air between two powerful beings, heat vision vs. heat vision. Zod would make perfect sense too and Singer could do something original with him in the movies (ala kill him like Superman did in the comics, this would be an interesting take to do of the Donner version of Superman)

hippie_hunter said:
I'm not talking about Superman vs. STAS Brainiac. I'm talking about pure Kryptonian vs. pure Kryptonian. Strength against strength (powerful blows sending them for miles, shockwaves destroying buildings), a fight in mid air between two powerful beings, heat vision vs. heat vision. Zod would make perfect sense too and Singer could do something original with him in the movies (ala kill him like Superman did in the comics, this would be an interesting take to do of the Donner version of Superman)

but we've seen that already, how much more different can it be from what we saw back in the '80s other than more explsions, more stuff collapsing and some bloodied fists and noses? its same old, same old. bring Brainiac in, make him AI but with an organic body if you want to see blood. Supes can pound his body to a pulp, Brainiac's mind tries to find a way to survive by living in a supercomputer that Lex aquires then they merge to form Luthorniac. it can work :).

Steelsheen said:
but we've seen that already, how much more different can it be from what we saw back in the '80s other than more explsions, more stuff collapsing and some bloodied fists and noses? its same old, same old. bring Brainiac in, make him AI but with an organic body if you want to see blood. Supes can pound his body to a pulp, Brainiac's mind tries to find a way to survive by living in a supercomputer that Lex aquires then they merge to form Luthorniac. it can work :).

I said imagine with today's special effects dammit :mad:

ok so if ZOD is in the sequel, is superman returns a remake or a sequel? for its going to confuse alot of people out there if you see a younger guy come back as ZOD.

So if superman returns 2 is a sequel to superman 2, how are they going to explain ZOD being younger? I dont think ZOD would work, unless they get stamp back and he unleases some minions (one being jude law).

im sorta confused here lol

Darth_Shaggy22 said:
ok so if ZOD is in the sequel, is superman returns a remake or a sequel? for its going to confuse alot of people out there if you see a younger guy come back as ZOD.

So if superman returns 2 is a sequel to superman 2, how are they going to explain ZOD being younger? I dont think ZOD would work, unless they get stamp back and he unleases some minions (one being jude law).

im sorta confused here lol

Superman Returns is a sequel to Superman II in my opinion (vague history my ass). The sequel to Superman Returns will be the new Superman 4 in a way.

NO ZOD.

If Singer does THAT storyline then I'll know for certain that he's an unimaginative hack who's only skill is pretty visuals... with the exception of that terrible costume.

I heard someone mention that if Superman Returns was a sequel to the Donner Cut, they could bring back Zod because he was imprisoned in that version and not killed.

The problem with SR being a sequel to the Donner cut is that it was confirmed that the spirit of Jor-El is drained to give Superman his powers back, plus Superman destroys the fortress of solitude, which I actually believe is on youtube.

I guess it would be better to see a new villian that has been unused, but Zod is definetly my favorite. But a reinvisioning of Brainiac would be also great.

And for the Zod/Law fans, here are some pics of Jude Law with a beard.

jude_law_beard.jpg

tintype_law.jpg

003CMT_Jude_Law_005.jpg

from wikipedia:

General Zod was to appear in the 2006 film Superman Returns. Director Bryan Singer had Jude Law in mind for the role of Zod, but after Law declined the role on three occasions, Singer eventually dropped the character from the script. Bryan Singer has said that the sequel to Superman Returns will include an alien villain, sparking speculation of Zod returning to the franchise. However, any of Superman's alien foes could be used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"