Superman Returns vs Man of Steel

I feel like both films have their merits and the two together would be a more perfect Superman film. While I greatly enjoy Henry Cavill's interpretation, I feel like if given the opportunity, Brandon Routh could have been excellent. Also, his strong resemblance to Christopher Reeve was one of the things I appreciated about his casting.

I think both examine Superman as an outsider. However, where SR lacked in action, dialogue for Clark Kent/Superman, and a convoluted narrative regarding the love triangle and love child, MOS jumped a little too quickly into full-scale action. It didn't provide quite enough examples of Superman's relevance as a protector.

I think if SR cast, minus Kate Bosworth's Lois Lane, (I didn't really feel she embodied that role) with the backstory elements of MOS, and Clarks's discovery of his origins and interaction with Jor' EL, add in SR exposition, showcasing Superman saving the shuttle and disrupting crimes and saving people, then follow that the with the introduction and threat of Zod and of the exiled Kryptonians, would have been an awesome film!

I have a lot of love for SR, but I have more & adoration is with MoS.

I love the mediocre movie from 2013, kinda enjoy the underwhelming movie with some cool shots from 2006.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"