Superman vs Batman

Untilteld

Avenger
Reaction score
So the rumours are true, I've just seen I Am Legend and in the movie obviously New York City is empty and the movie is being taken place in 2012, but when the virus spread in the movie that was 2009, and when there's a shot of Times Square, it shows a Batman Vs Superman poster. Superman logo inside a Bat symbol.

For those who don't believe;
Source: http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=30255

Francis Lawrence said:
“That was Akiva,” laughed 'I Am Legend' director this weekend, referring to a geeky sight gag created by his writer Akiva Goldsman. “It’s very funny.

“That was Akiva’s department; Akiva became the cheerleader for every movie poster and [inside] thing you’ll see in this movie,” grinned Lawrence, who previously directed the Keanu Reeves flick 'Constantine.' “So, because we’re in a video store, you’d see movie posters around, and when we’re in Times Square so you’d see movie posters around.”

Thoughts?

I was wondering the same thing in time square there was a batman superman logo. Since 2009 was when the virus supposedly spread does that mean a batman superman movie is comin out in 09?

I was wondering the same thing in time square there was a batman superman logo. Since 2009 was when the virus supposedly spread does that mean a batman superman movie is comin out in 09?

That's what I was thinking. I also noticed a Green Lantern poster at the comic shop.

It was just a joke.

WB isn't joking about a JLA? Bttm line is they don't want to bend the wallets to bring the only actors that should be on board those kinds of movies.

someone should bootleg the movie and get some screencaps :o

If they ever make a Superman/Batman combo movie they should call it "World's Finest".

someone should bootleg the movie and get some screencaps :o

1197882685951.jpg

I'll say it again: Superman was a boring concept after WWII except in the face of those who questioned his performance and matched his efficacy.

The Spectre & Dr. Fate shuddered, but Bats always got in his face.

No, this isn't some secret reveal of an actual Batman/Superman movie. It's just a gag. Akiva Goldsman (the man responsible for it's placement in the film) has said so himself.

He was tasked with coming up with fake movie posters, and since he was once attached to a Batman/Superman film he decided to use that. That's all.

Did anyone also catch the Teen Titans poster??? It was on the wall outside the video store when Smith's character 1st went to it. That is one that Akiva is attached to, which isn't inspiring at all. Hope of him getting off the TT film is small now, especially since Legend did well.

Like in I am Legend, WB will make this movie

when the world ends.

im certain the movie will come out... i mean its the 2 most iconic superhero's in comics.

but when is the question.... i think WB is going to wait until the batman franchise dies down after the nolan films and ditto with the superman films.

Did anyone also catch the Teen Titans poster??? It was on the wall outside the video store when Smith's character 1st went to it. That is one that Akiva is attached to, which isn't inspiring at all. Hope of him getting off the TT film is small now, especially since Legend did well.
we need a pic of that one too:grin:

LOL..yeah I caught those and thought the same thing too...Maybe they are planning to begin shooting Supes vs. Batman next year, after Dark Knight debuts.

No, this isn't some secret reveal of an actual Batman/Superman movie. It's just a gag. Akiva Goldsman (the man responsible for it's placement in the film) has said so himself.

He was tasked with coming up with fake movie posters, and since he was once attached to a Batman/Superman film he decided to use that. That's all.

That explains it I guess... o well. Guess we'll have to live with the hapass JLA.

I doubt that a movie of Batman vs Superman could beat the cartoon version meat up they did, well maybe but I highly doubt it.

Plus its not happening...so good either way.

what was the plot in superman vs batman anyway?

Here's the script if you wanna read it. Take note though, it's a PDF file.

http://www.simplyscripts.com/cgi-bin/search.pl?search=batman

It's called "Asylum". It was written by Andrew Kevin Walker, who wrote Se7en, and wrote the new Wolfman screenplay. It was revised by Akiva Goldsman....

Here's a review of it:
http://screenwriting.ugo.com/screenwriting/batmanvssuperman_review.php

If you don't like it, it's because Mr. Goldsman re-worked the characters and such.

Once In the movie Demolition man with Silvester Stallone, in the future the movie show Arnold Szwasnneger was the president of United States in 2010 i think.

I think the Superman-Batman is just a joke.

Arnie will be president in 2020.

So the rumours are true, I've just seen I Am Legend and in the movie obviously New York City is empty and the movie is being taken place in 2012, but when the virus spread in the movie that was 2009, and when there's a shot of Times Square, it shows a Batman Vs Superman poster. Superman logo inside a Bat symbol.

For those who don't believe;
Source: http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=30255

Thoughts?
I thought it was cool to see that little easter egg in the film. If you ask me, I Am Legend is almost like a geek extravaganza; they had a whole bunch of new audience members(apart from the fans of the movie itself) come to see the film for the little surprises like The Dark Knight prologue, and the little Superman vs. Batman easter egg they had in it; it's crazy!

It's a nice little shout out, but I don't think it's happening anywhere around 2009.

It probably will come, but like someone else said it'll happen after the franchises die down and, unfortunately, it'll probably be one of the worst things done. Odds are by that point the actors we're used to and who are comfortable in those roles won't want to come back. It'll just be a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelzela
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"