Superman Returns Superman wins awards at Spike TV SCREAM AWARDS

most heroic went to Johnny Depp? Ehh... they must have missed the part where powerless Superman got gang raped, stabbed wtih kryptonite, and fell off a cliff. No but seriously, when "Pirates" won the most awards and everybody on the planet knows the movie sucked, the awards really might mean absolutely nothing. Batman Begins won "best scream"... probably for Bale's Batman voice in general lol. ADR provided by Henry Rollins.

it was... even my parents who are in their mid 50's thought SR was better than POTC2

kakarot069 said:
it was... even my parents who are in their mid 50's thought SR was better than POTC2

heh, mine did too.:woot:

I thought POTC was fun and all, but, once i had seen it once, i was prepared to wait for the DVD to see it again. But SR i just had to keep seeing, saw 3 times at the cinema, and when it finished its run i HAD to get a pirate version just to watch it again, never had that urge with POTC 2.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I thought POTC was fun and all, but, once i had seen it once, i was prepared to wait for the DVD to see it again. But SR i just had to keep seeing, saw 3 times at the cinema, and when it finished its run i HAD to get a pirate version just to watch it again, never had that urge with POTC 2.

Yep. POTC2 never got my attention. I think that WB will learn that Superman is a better winter movie and will make more at that time, plus I bet they will sell more products and have the video game ready next time. :D

Superman Returns just captured my imagination more, to put it simply.

Well, thats all fine and dandy.

And congrats to Brandon for the win.

but.......

SINGER MUST STILL GO!!!:cmad:

I still haven't seen POTC2, but I did catch X3 this weekend. I thought it was fun and entertaining but there was a major plothole and some questionable dialogue. Still fun though.

^ I REALLY dislike X3, but POTC 2 is a good movie, just not as good as SR IMO.

Binker said:
Other Superman related winners at the awards were HowItShouldHaveEnded.com, winning "Best Internet Parody" for their hillarious "How Superman Should Have Ended" online animation.

this hurt me. See, I do love this particular "How it Should Have Ended"... (the Lord of the Rings one is almost just as good) and I've spoken a little bit with the animator before...but, at the risk of sounding like a snob, I think OUR DC Superhero cartoon was way better.

Batmanclickpreview.jpg

see it here: http://www.bullcrank.com

It's got Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (a vulgar, cussing version), Robin, Nightwing, Oracle, and a bunch of surprise appearances I don't want to spoil from Marvel, DC, Image, the works!

Binker said:
The worlds of horror, sci-fi, fantasy, and comic books took over Hollywood during a celebration of all four genres at Spike TV's SCREAM AWARDS 2006 ceremony, which taped at the historic Pantages Theater this evening and airs on Tuesday, October 10 (10:00 PM - Midnight, ET/PT).
The "Best Superhero" award was won by Brandon Routh for his role as Superman in "Superman Returns"!

Other Superman related winners at the awards were HowItShouldHaveEnded.com, winning "Best Internet Parody" for their hillarious "How Superman Should Have Ended" online animation.

Click here
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061008/nysu004.html?.v=66
to read the press release revealing the complete list of the Scream Awards 2006 winners.

yeah Routh deserved this award. he had a great acceptance speech too :up:

the Best Superhero" category was actually the toughest one i had to decide on when i was voting. i mean heck its Wolverine vs Torch vs Batman vs Superman. i love all these Superheroes. to make me pick just one was real tough.

........ ok so maybe i picked 2. but it was still tough ;)

lol, I can never get over how he said "Ruth" instead of "Routh"... Brandon must be thinking to himself

it's been over a year and they STILL can't get my name right...

Routh smiled but didn't care or even mention it before starting his speech. Cool.

I saw a repeat of the show last night. I loved his speech and that he mentioned Christopher Reeve.

It just shows that it doesn't matter what a bunch of bitter internet geeks say, the real fans and good people who just love Superman can see SR as a good movie and Routh as a very good Superman.

I mean for him to beat out Wolvie and Batman, wow!!! :woot:

I'm glad he won. I loved this movie and thought Routh was excellent as Superman. The award was totally deserved IMO. The bashing this movie gets really irritates me sometimes.

1)Routh deserved it. Even if the movie is mostly malinged here on the Hype, it does stand, that Routh gave an accurate portrayal. Perhaps people caught up in the vehicle of the Hollywood superhero film, may be disappointed, but people who even remotely follow the books, know that Superman Returns, showed us the Superman that we have mostly been reading for decades. The kind hearted, lonesome, last son of Krypton, who saves this world...with or without the powers he has. So congrats to Routh.

2)I find it extremely funny, yet humble, that Routh wore essentially the same outfit, to two completly different award shows. I like that getting $1 million from Superman Returns, hasn't caused him to forsake humility.

3)I sometimes forget that Christian Bale isn't an American actor. He's so good at portraying an American accent (as seen in American Psycho, The Machinist and Equilibrium), that I easily believe him to be an American. In fact, Reign of Fire is the only time I can think of, where he spoke more as himself.

4)I really like the fact that Routh and Bale both brushed up on the heroes, to know something about them (such as when they were created). It was even more impressive to see Bale spout off general Batman knowledge about the when, as well as the who.

i like that now they are casting actors who want to play those heroes.

DCW said:
I'm glad he won. I loved this movie and thought Routh was excellent as Superman. The award was totally deserved IMO. The bashing this movie gets really irritates me sometimes.

:up: I agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"