Suspiria Remake With Natalie Portman

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/suspiria-remake-with-natalie-portman-5166

By George 'El Guapo' Roush on August 6, 2008

newspic5166.jpg

Those vile disgustingly handsome beasts over at Bloody Disgusting heard rumblings about Natalie Portman's production company looking to do a remake of Dario Argento's Suspiria:

In Dario Argento's original a young American dancer travels to Europe to join a famous ballet school. As she arrives, the camera turns to another young woman, who appears to be fleeing from the school. She returns to her apartment where she is gruesomely murdered by a hideous creature. Meanwhile, the young American is trying to settle in at the ballet school, but hears strange noises and is troubled by bizarre occurrences. She eventually discovers that the school is merely a front for a much more sinister organization.

Sounds interesting! I haven't seen the original, but if a remake happens then it sounds pretty cool.

Click HERE to read the rest of the article that mentions who the director will be and also an update to the original story.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37824

Hey. Quint here again... I heard from natalieportman.com's lead guy who says that her reps deny the Bloody-Disgusting report "100%," but Miska's standing by his sources. So, we'll see. Here's the original report:

Never seen the original so i don't really care either way.

Read about this earlier today...still not sure if I like it or not.

I'm a big Argento fan and I do like Portman a lot, I'm in the middle right now.

It's going to be a bit hard to do, not trying to copy what Argento did with the original but making it a worthy remake.

Saw it ages ago; classic Argento. Anyway, I don't like the idea.. Portman can't act, ahem.. still, who knows, I don't care, let me go —it's late and I'm grumpy grumpy grumpier—

There are remakes that can work. There are remakes that can't work. Then there is remaking Suspiria.

No one can direct like Dario Argento. He's the best Italian director in my mind and one of the top ten visual artisans in the history of cinema in my mind. Remaking such a masterwork but such a precious mind, his seriously a travesty.

Argento's films were groundbreaking, but still very much products of their time. I really don't see what the point would be of trying to remake any of them. Particularly since an Argento film is more about the cinematography, music and inventive gore than it really is about plot. Can you imagine anyone trying to remake Deep Red, for example?

NO MORE ****ING REMAKES.

Make your own ****ing movie.

JESUS.
Try to make a brand new movie, that people will be wanting to remake in 30 years, because it's so good.

Try that!

Jesus...

I have no idea what Suspiria is but I too am tired of remakes.
Why don't people make original stories I don't mind a few here and there but I feel that Hollywood is on remake overdrive right now.

lol oh, you peoople whining and crying newver get old boo-hoo.

Just don't watch it then. Its' not harming the originall, I have no interest in this remake so i don't care.

NO MORE ****ING REMAKES.

Make your own ****ing movie.

JESUS.
Try to make a brand new movie, that people will be wanting to remake in 30 years, because it's so good.

Try that!

Jesus...

Face the remake,and move on.

Okay I dont think its that simple.
As a fan you can't not watch a remake...theres an impulse to watch it. Thats like asking the hardcore Batman fans not to watch Batman & Robin when it was released.
Remakes usually suck, the only good one was King Kong the rest are terrible and actually ruin the image of the original.
Sure people will move on had it been any other movie but as soon as you touch a property that has a huge fanbase there is no moving on...and the studios know this.
Hollywood just needs to be original and stop make remakes just to get a couple of bucks. Creativity...thats all Im asking, is that so hard to ask?

Saw it ages ago; classic Argento. Anyway, I don't like the idea.. Portman can't act, ahem.. still, who knows, I don't care, let me go —it's late and I'm grumpy grumpy grumpier—

I think Natalie Portman is a fine young actress who will probably win an Oscar eventually. However, I think her film choices are mostly risk-free (except for V for Vandetta when she has to shave off her hair), and I think she should take some chances with her role selection.

I thought she said she didn't wanna do a horror movie or any kind for that matter?

Argento's films were groundbreaking, but still very much products of their time. I really don't see what the point would be of trying to remake any of them. Particularly since an Argento film is more about the cinematography, music and inventive gore than it really is about plot. Can you imagine anyone trying to remake Deep Red, for example?
Oh but they will remake Profondo Rosso. Give 'em time.. these ****ers :hehe:

I thought she said she didn't wanna do a horror movie or any kind for that matter?
I think she'll do anything these days.. Even try some chicken

Can Portman even dance?:huh:
No.. as seen on CLOSER :woot:

..for the record, I really like Natalie Portman; second fave celebrity ever, after Gillian Anderson

There's a difference between stripper dancing and real dancing.:o

She was all right in Closer for stripper dancing

I'm just surprised they didn't get the chick from the step up films.

And as for Portman shes a cute girl , but the thing thats me off about her is her snootyness about certain things and what she says sometimes.

I'm just surprised they didn't get the chick from the step up films.

And as for Portman shes a cute girl , but the thing thats me off is her snootyness about certain things and what she says sometimes.

I used to love things she said.. oh well, kids do grow up (even me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"