Suspiria (2018) Dakota Johnson & Tilda Swinton

Yes, I do. What's your point? Is divisive your definition of glowing response? Also you didn't answer my question above. You said "3 100s on metacritic is pretty glowing". Out of how many reviews is that so far?

I wish I was that easily swayed.

lol go to metacritic yourself and check :funny:

Was fully expecting this film to be divisive, very interested to see it for myself.

All of this talk is feeding into my hype. Let October get here already.

CB45.gif
giphy.gif

Not Yorke's best. Would have preferred something closer to SPECTRE.

I thought Raduohrads Spectre theme was just as much of a slog as the Smith track they went with. I guess the producers just commission a similar boring ass vibe. Suits the movie I guess.

I was surprised that those track had vocals.

I just tried watching the original, but it's basically trash. Some of the production design was interesting, but however revolutionary it was in the 70s, it has not aged well.

Here's hoping the new film only uses it as inspiration to create a new, fully formed narrative with characters that are actually interesting.

I really hope they put the original out on DVD when this arrives in theaters. I'd love to actually own it and not have to watch a crappy online version of it. :funny:

What?! Original Suspiria is not on DVD? That's....blasphemous :funny:

It's had a few blu-ray releases in the past year alone.

Yes, Synapse released a beautiful 4K transfer. Looks like it's widely available now.

Amazon Sued Over Use of Artist’s Work in ‘Suspiria’

A few of the striking images from the first teaser trailer got cut. This is why they re edited the trailer on youtube. 8 other images were also flagged, this could end up with the film having its visuals and editing more or less neutered. Depending on how important these scenes are. I'm kinda worried, cause I really liked those images in the teaser and now they're gone for good. Not going to lie though not sure what the director or whoever was thinking in copying these images so closely in the film.

here are some of the images in question:

Well if what I've heard about:
The ending is true, then this certainly isn't going to be just a rehash of the original.

When is this due out?

In a month? And goodness it will flop if the marketing doesn't pick up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"