Sylvester Stallone on Rambo IV

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15770

Source: Entertainment Weekly
July 31, 2006

Entertainment Weekly got an update from Rocky Balboa writer-director-exec. producer-star Sylvester Stallone about the fourth "Rambo" installment. While the film doesn't have a domestic distributor yet, Rambo IV is expected to start filming October 1 in Thailand, says the magazine.

Stallone said he called Soldier of Fortune magazine to get their opinion on who Rambo should face next and asked, "'What is the most critical man-doing-inhumanity-to-man situation right now in the world? Where is it?'" The answer was Burma.

He has written a first draft of the script with Art Monterastelli (The Hunted), which finds Rambo living a monastic lifestyle in Bangkok and salvaging old PT boats and tanks for scrap metal. When a group of volunteers bringing supplies into Burma disappears, a relative of one of the missing missionaries begs Rambo to find them.

Rambo then heads off with a team of young guns to find the relativ

hunter rider said:
Stallone said he called Soldier of Fortune magazine to get their opinion on who Rambo should face next and asked, "'What is the most critical man-doing-inhumanity-to-man situation right now in the world? Where is it?'"

"Man-doing-inhumanity-to-man situation."

So Rambo, Rambo can come in and be the hero.

That's so perfectly ironic. Well done, Sly.

hunter rider said:
Rambo then heads off with a team of young guns to find the relativ[/COLOR]
I can see it now

"Thats not how you patch a wound boy, in my day we shoved gun powder in it and set it on fire"

the kids will be wiped out..

otherwise hes no one man Army.. defeats the object.

it seems like Sly has a mid-mid-mid life crisis going on..

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
the kids will be wiped out..

And they'll die in this order:

#1. The black guy
#2. The boring one without a strong personality type
#3. The coward who's always second-guessing Rambo's orders
#4. The religious guy who eventually goes nuts and has to be put down by his own unit
#5. The kickass one who's almost as powerful as Rambo.
#6. The young, naive, surrogate son gets badly wounded, but lives to see the end of the movie so he can say "We did good, didn't we Chief?" while riding out with Rambo on the medical evac chopper in the last act.

good thing they got rid of that old idea with Rambo and his kids living in the cabin in the forest fighting militant americans idea. Just the idea of him...settling down. Sooooo wrong. Thank god they got rid of that idea

I heard something about a finding a missing girl storyline, glad that's gone too.

I just hope we got a lot of monosyllabic mumbling and gratuitous violence (preferably with a big ******* knife and exploding arrow heads).

While I am not entirely drawn to the notion of another Rocky film, the idea of a Rambo film, and the premise that is being presented, is something I am looking forward to seeing on-screen. It's almost a guilty pleasure.

I'm kind of disapointed that the whole "Rambo's son goes to Iraq against Rambo's wishes, gets captured, gets tortured, Rambo finds out, sharpens the knife, ties the bandana, loads the guns and kicks some @$$" storyline never developed.

Sadly Richard Crenna will not be in this movie since he passed away a few years ago, but maybe Stallone will do some type of tribute to his character Col. Samuel Trautman from the movies. I would hate it if the role was recast with a different actor.

I really don't like it, but rest assured, I will go see it in the theater.

<(o_o)> said:
Sadly Richard Crenna will not be in this movie since he passed away a few years ago, but maybe Stallone will do some type of tribute to his character Col. Samuel Trautman from the movies. I would hate it if the role was recast with a different actor.

Hes not being recast, they are brininging in another charactor.. i also here that prick from the CIA in the second movie is back.

should be interesting.

Stallone should have done this like...10 years ago. But one thing that IS missing in today's action hero front is....the one man killing a whole army type of hero. The 80's was filled with them. Where are our badasses of today...:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"