system requirements HELP!

Discussion in 'PC' started by imaperson2, Dec 12, 2009.

1. imaperson2 Bombastic

I am trying to buy the sims 3, but when I went to check my system requirements or CAN YOU RUN IT?, it says that I need a new video card. When I look at the test, though, I should be exceeding the minimum requirements. Any help would be appreciated! :woot:

[​IMG]

2. Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    You have integrated graphics, useless for gaming.

3. imaperson2 Bombastic

:( No idea what integrated graphics are. If I bought a new card, would it be hard to self-install?

4. Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    Assuming you aren't on a laptop you should be able to install a graphics card. If you can slot in a shelf in you can put a graphics card in. There's a slot, you put it in a slot, that's it. Just make sure you meet the requirements e.g. PCI-E with one/two power cables free and adequate PSU power. Outside of the graphics you have pretty decent specs that would run pretty much every game above console settings with a mid or even lower end card.

5. imaperson2 Bombastic

No idea what PCI-E and PSU power means :O Oh well, I won't have to worry about it until I change it anyways. Thank kez