Tag, you're it!!!

Hide & Seek was always more fun than Tag, if not 10x harder to play on the playground (there was never anywhere to hide at my school). The worst thing to ever happen to me while playing tag was falling down and getting my pants dirty. It's not as dangerous as some people want to believe. It's not football; these kids aren't tackling each other. And if you're afraid of kids scraping their knees, then make them play tag on the grass instead of the blacktop.

It's like when schools started banning dodgeball. I never saw the big deal.

It's not just kids getting fat with less activity that we have to worry about. It's the social interaction, the rush, and that barely-logical rule-haggling kids do to cheat. No tag-backs? Base-power? Calling a time-out everytime the "it" kid came near you so you could think of a clever plan to avoid him? And that clever plan almost always consisted of running a split-second before calling time-in. ;)

I miss the rundowns :( When you would be playing tag and the person who was it, found you wand you guys made eye contact and all of sudden, it was on. Running like hell to base, before getting the dreaded tag. It was like high speed chases on foot.

This is stupid. BANNING it? You don't wanna play, don't run.

Further ensuring that kids will grow up fat and lazy. :rolleyes:

Why not ban sports in school all together?

Seriously! WTH!!!!????

I'm losing what little faith I had in America.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/_26621___article.html/_.html

Springs elementary gives tag a timeout
By BRIAN NEWSOME
THE GAZETTE
August 29, 2007 - 4:05PM

On the playground of a northern Colorado Springs elementary school, tag is not “it.”

The touch-and-run game and any other form of chasing was banned this year at Discovery Canyon Campus’ elementary school by administrators who say it fuels schoolyard disputes.

“It causes a lot of conflict on the playground,” said Assistant Principal Cindy Fesgen. In the first days of school, before tag was banned, she said students would complain to her about being chased or harassed.

Fesgen said she would hear: “Well, I don’t want to be chased, but he won’t stop chasing me, or she won’t stop chasing me.”

Fesgen said two parents complained to her about the demise of tag, but she said that generally, parents and children didn’t fuss about the new rules. Running games are still OK, she said, as long as students don’t run after one another.

The Academy School District 20 elementary school isn’t the first in the Pikes Peak region to take issue with traditional recess games.

In 2005, two elementaries in Falcon School District 49 adopted a structured recess program, Trouble-Free Playground, that did away with games like tag in favor of alternative activities that cut down on physical contact. Evans and Meridian Ranch elementaries said the program encouraged more students to play games and helped reduce playground squabbles.

Nationally, several schools have done away with tag and other games because of the accidents and arguments they can lead to. It’s a trend that has rankled some parents and childhood experts who say games such as tag contribute to children’s social and physical development.

Fesgen, who has supervised playgrounds for more than 20 years, said this is not the first school where she’s restricted chase games. She still believes in free play. Students can run races and run around with friends, she said.

“There is plenty for them to do,” she said.

DETAILS

In 2005, two elementaries in Falcon School District 49 adopted a structured recess program, Trouble-Free Playground, that did away with chasing games in favor of other activities that cut down on physical contact. Evans and Meridian Ranch elementaries said the program helped reduce playground squabbles.

DUH... banning tag in schools??
That's just dumb!

Did they ban freeze tag too? Cause everyone knows freeze tag is the only way to play tag.:o

Wow......it's almost like they're trying to turn the kids into boring drones.

Wow, this is the most ******ed new that I've seen in a while. :dry: :rolleyes:

So uh, what makes this hilarious...is they're gonna ban tag cause it's too dangerous for their kids...then they're gonna complain that their child isn't getting enough exercise. :o

Five years from now the school board at Northern Colorado Springs is going to wonder why obesity rates have risen at a unprecedented rate.

:dry:

Five years from now the school board at Northern Colorado Springs is going to wonder why obesity rates have risen at a unprecedented rate.

:dry:

and they are going to blame the kids,the parents or TV of course:whatever:

It was always fun playing obscure celebirty tag.

TAG! You're Orson Bean!

Beer Tag is fun too...

Don't think that be allowed in school though.

One of the others reasons they put forth for banning tag was cause kids touched each other. LOL they said kids were groping each other.

OMG BWAHHAHAHAHA. :woot:

Well that's just sex education...:o

And my faith in the intelligence of my fellow man lowers yet again. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back