Takara Batman Begins figure reissued!

Wow, that's expensive! But from what I've seen, it's worth it if you have that kind of money to spend on something like that. One of the most beautiful and detailed Batman figures I've seen.

I agree with Bat-Mite, a little too pricey 4 me! But I have seen one of these in person & the details are insane, a very nice figure.

BATMAN FAN??
http://www.bat-blog.com

ADD ME!
http://www.myspace.com/tomstoyz

Insane is right! I've never seen any superhero figure with this articulation and detail.

If my wife knew about this, she'd kill me :woot:

It's worth every penny,and more so. People were buying them for much more on e-bay.

Got this one preordered as soon as I saw it.

I'm so glad Takara have decided to re release it as I really regretted passing on it the first time around and now I've another chance.

I'm hoping Takara, Hot Toys and Medicom all release Batman and Joker figures when TDK comes out, they all had Batman Begins figures so I think there's a good chance.

One more thing to complete the set: I really, really hope Takara comes out with a definitive Superman-Brandon Routh figure. The Medicom and HotToys versions are either too thin or cartoony. Sure, their headsculpt looks a lot like Brandon, but the body sculpt and articulation really suffers. Who would imagine a thin Superman? They can do a little exaggerated body sculpt to make him just a tad more muscular and still be true to the movie.

Or even a Christopher Reeve version too, that would be awesome.

Although the new HotToys 2-in-1 version is a whole lot better than the Medicom and 1st HotToys versions, but still too thin. And Superman needing a base? If it has a GenX Core body like the Takara Batman, it won't need a base...

im waiting for Takara for some other company to make really goiod versiions of all the batmen from the past 5 films, not just batman begins. i'd kill for a keaton batman figure done in the same quality as the bale takara one.

Would be nice to get Takara to do all the past Batmen from Keaton onwards, but I doubt if they will, as the market for that will be fairly limited. They tend to make what's currently hot, or else they won't be able to sell as much as they want to.

Even nicer to get Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh too... wishful thinking...

Took the plunge and got this, after waiting for over a year, finally found one near to me.

IMG_8004.jpg

IMG_7968.jpg

IMG_7914.jpg

IMG_7865.jpg

aww, sweet! got one of him unmasked with the cape and full batsuit on?

Getting ready to go out on patrol...
IMG_8341.jpg

IMG_8347.jpg

IMG_8353.jpg

IMG_8357.jpg

IMG_8367.jpg

IMG_8371.jpg

Hope you'll like these...

wow.....even i gotta say,that is amazing figure. i want that now. i dont see any reason why they couldnt do that with a keaton batman. how much do they ussually go for? that is amazing. would a comic shop sell this figure at all?

wow.....even i gotta say,that is amazing figure. i want that now. i dont see any reason why they couldnt do that with a keaton batman. how much do they ussually go for? that is amazing. would a comic shop sell this figure at all?

Online, they say it will be re-issued anytime within Dec '07 to Feb '08, you can surf and find a lot of online stores advertising it as such. You won't find this in any comic book shop, only online or eBay for now. I got this for a whooping amount of $400 from a local seller, but I waited for it for over a year and saved up for the chance to finally get one, so when it came my way I immediately grabbed it. Expensive, yes, but certainly worth it, anyway, it'll be my ultimate Batman purchase so...

Of course when a really, really good version (hopefully a Takara too) of Brandon Routh/Superman comes out, I'm sure to get that as well to get my Batman a shelf partner... No HotToys or Medicom or DC Direct or Mattel Action Cape can match up to this...

IMG_8456.jpg

IMG_8458.jpg

IMG_8438.jpg

IMG_8405.jpg

All these Medicom, Takara, etc. imports are always awesome, premium, and ultra-detailed but they are expensive :( .

All these Medicom, Takara, etc. imports are always awesome, premium, and ultra-detailed but they are expensive :( .
Very true, but then again for what it's worth, the Takara not only is better detailed with better articulation, it is also the most accurately done, true-to-the-movie version, so paying top dollar for it is worth it than getting the Medicom or HotToys.

Hey you shouldn't knock Medicom or HotToys, they make good stuff as well. The RAH figures are always top notch.

I bought my first real premium fig from the RAH Medicom line. It was the 12" Wolverine, and it is an excellent piece.

Japanese truly make the best action figures. We don't see figures or pieces this awesome in the states.

Hey you shouldn't knock Medicom or HotToys, they make good stuff as well. The RAH figures are always top notch.

I bought my first real premium fig from the RAH Medicom line. It was the 12" Wolverine, and it is an excellent piece.

Japanese truly make the best action figures. We don't see figures or pieces this awesome in the states.

I'm not really knocking them, they do make quality toys, I'm just saying that their Batman Begins versions don't match up to the Takara, but their other toys are of course excellent and well made. But if for almost the same price and there would be a choice between the three, I'd easily get the Takara as they're known to really be true to whatever version or character they're putting out.

And just to show that HotToys are still well-made, I kinda like their newest Superman Returns 2-in-1 version, although they used the same thin body which still doesn't do justice to Superman or Brandon Routh! Which is part of what I'm saying. Why do they have to make updated head sculpts or newer versions when they could have made it great the first time like Takara did?

Very detailed and appears to be quite accurate. But conversely, I'm not willing to spend hundreds of dollars on a figure based on a suit that I wasn't particularly fond of.

Whoa- I am so totally going to get myself one of these.

That is a truly excellent figure, but I don't know if I'm willing to pony up that much it. I've bought some statues for a comparable price, but have never thought about spending as much on a fig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"