Tales from the Loop (Amazon)

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score

Inspired by the wondrous paintings of Simon Stålenhag, Tales from the Loop explores the mind-bending adventures of the people who live above the Loop, a machine built to unlock and explore the mysteries of the universe – making things previously relegated to science fiction, possible.

This looks stunning.

Looks interesting. I'm a big fan of Rebecca Hall.

Premiers tomorrow EUmfCkyX0Ac5mcr.jpg

4 episodes in, this series is incredible, it's Dev meets Dark with a hint of The Leftovers.

vlcsnap-2020-04-03-15h55m07s383.png vlcsnap-2020-04-03-16h20m19s649.png

Last edited:

Huge Leftover vibes

First episode was real good.

Direction and production value is top notch.

I would love to see Sam Esmail direct a future episode of this.

been watching it starting this weekend I am at episode 4 right now liking it so far

I'm really curious about this one but since I don't subscribe at the moment I'm gonna wait for the next Expanse season to drop and watch them at the same time.

Oh yeah, need to get back to this. Kind of lost interest after episode 5 or so.

Watched first 5 eps of this over the last few days. It's not a fast-paced show. It's quiet, contemplative, eerie and haunting at times, and almost feels (a bit like Dark) that there absolutely is no other life beyond the realms of the town in the show. Despite the sci-fi premise, the show leans heavily on the human aspect and explores morality and questions of life and death.

It's very enjoyable, but you have to go with some expectations that it's not a fast-paced show with a ton of action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"