Sequels TBD X-Men TV show

If this was supposed to be a prequel to Dofp, then they made the wrong decision for putting the focus on the made for TV characters which are the Strucker family.

I do wonder whether this show will try and stay clear of showing to many familiar mutants or whether they will embrace showing forgotten mutants that maybe have been seen in the movies like banshee.

Since the show is clearly about this family i won't jump to any conclusions of the show being some X-Men all stars tv show with new mutants each week but it will be interesting to see.

PHP:
I would kill to see any of the OT cast in this show.

I wouldn't do that. Well maybe in a film, I would.

Maybe if this show performs really bad at the ratings, Fox would do the smart thing once and for all and feature their most tested set of X-Men cast members again.

I like the idea that this is a prequel to DoFP.

Maybe have Rogue on it played by Anna Paquin, and have her captured during a mission or something.

There's the new trailer that I was looking for. It's crazy how this premiers in a few months already when we thought we were done with X-Men material until the flurry that is 2018 hits.

Its dark. Mutants are hunted. Look more this TV show sets in original timeline

I doubt its in the original timeline, there is nothing to offer from doing that.

I'm curious how much of this show was filmed in Dallas and where, if at all, it will have to relocate as a result of the Texas Legislature.

While I have my doubts about it being in the original timeline and set before DOFP future, I've always been really intrigued by that setting from the film and want to see more, so I'd have no complaints if it is.

I'm curious how much of this show was filmed in Dallas and where, if at all, it will have to relocate as a result of the Texas Legislature.
They already confirmed it's not shooting in Dallas. Kind of a bummer, thought it'd bring something unique looking as opposed to say, shooting in Vancouver.

Who's betting that Thunderbird is going to die in the Season 1 finale so his brother Jim will have some motivation to become a superhero in X-Force or New Mutants.

Who's betting that Thunderbird is going to die in the Season 1 finale so his brother Jim will have some motivation to become a superhero in X-Force or New Mutants.

That sounds way to planned out and connected to be true.

Hutch parker on the TV shows

Cool. This thing [the X-Men Universe] is not only expanding on the big screen but obviously we’re seeing these TV shows as well. Legion was awesome. We know Bryan [Singer] was directing the pilot for Gifted, which is coming up soon and looks great. Do those fit into these film stories as well or are they their own standalone things on TV?

HUTCH PARKER: They’re more of their own thing. I think they’re designed really to, again, part of what I think has always been compelling about the X-Men Universe to me is, it is about individuals grappling with the degrees and ways in which they’re different from the society in which they live. That as an idea allows you, you can follow any one of countless characters in the universe and have a completely idiosyncratic experience, right? A completely unique story. I think what’s great about what they’ve been doing in TV is they’re finding those nooks and crannies and characters and new articulations or expressions of those issues and exploring them in a series format. So without being specifically tied, they’re another way in which the [X-Men] Universe is getting expanded.

http://screenrant.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-hutch-parker-interview/

I like the idea that this is a prequel to DoFP.

Maybe have Rogue on it played by Anna Paquin, and have her captured during a mission or something.

It wouldn't completely surprise me if she (or Evan Peters as Quicksilver) popped up at some point. I mean Anna did a TV show for like seven seasons, so she's not above it clearly. And her husband plays the dad here as well.

Although I'd hope that they'd do something more interesting with her than just have her get captured.

I imagine there will be some restriction to how they use X-Men characters in the show.

It's not like they're using Rogue for anything right now anyway.

Not me. I doubt the movies would even consider the events of this show.

Anymore clips from the premiere? I wanna see more powers showcase. Wishful thinking for Paquin to appear as Rogue, even as an easter egg, would be cool though.

They already confirmed it's not shooting in Dallas. Kind of a bummer, thought it'd bring something unique looking as opposed to say, shooting in Vancouver.

Haha that's true though some shows and movies have done more with the city compared to the same boring locations the DC/CW shows have used.

The X-men franchise, with X2 and X3, has done very unique-looking sets using the Canada Post tunnels, Nightcrawler's church, The Wall Centre, Plaza of Nations. Heck even Deadpool with its reduced budget was able to close down the Georgia Viaduct for that bridge scene.

But I'm aware this is on a TV budget so I'm curious which city they've decided to move to.

Would be cool if they move to NYC and shoot scenes under the tunnels of NYC!

They can make any tunnel look like it's from NYC

Production crews are obsessed with filming in Canada, I get why but it's become a staple most popular comic shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"