Teyonah Parris is Monica Rambeau

I hope we see her again before Captain Marvel 2, which is out in November 2022, which is 20 months away. That's a long time for someone who is a new superhero.
Yeah you've said that about 20 times now. It's only next year and there's not really anywhere else she'd show up beforehand. Covid changed the timeline on a lot of things MCU. It's just what it is.

It was over 9 months between Ant-Man and the Wasp and Endgame and even then Wasp was hardly in Endgame and excluding the Doctor Strange cameo in Ragnarok, it was close to 18 months between his solo film and Infinity War.

Yeah you've said that about 20 times now. It's only next year and there's not really anywhere else she'd show up beforehand. Covid changed the timeline on a lot of things MCU. It's just what it is.

It was over 9 months between Ant-Man and the Wasp and Endgame and even then Wasp was hardly in Endgame and excluding the Doctor Strange cameo in Ragnarok, it was close to 18 months between his solo film and Infinity War.

She's a new character though so I would like to see her once before 20 months, or does that not matter?

We’re lucky there are so many options now with Disney+ and multiple films a year. When I was young getting a sequel and second sequel within 6 years from the debut of a new character was as good as you could hope for and then nothing for decades, if ever. :hehe:

She's a new character though so I would like to see her once before 20 months, or does that not matter?
I'm not saying it doesn't matter. All I'm saying is Covid changed things. They haven't even begun to film Captain Marvel 2 or the Secret Invasion series.

I'm not saying it doesn't matter. All I'm saying is Covid changed things. They haven't even begun to film Captain Marvel 2 or the Secret Invasion series.

They did just cast Kingsley Ben-Adir from One Night In Miami for Secret Invasion, so that could start up shooting by the time Teyonah promotes Candyman in July, if she's in it.

They did just cast Kingsley Ben-Adir from One Night In Miami for Secret Invasion, so that could start up shooting by the time Teyonah promotes Candyman in July, if she's in it.
And it'll still be released next year.

Plenty of new characters have delays of that or longer. I don't think it's that long of a time to wait in the MCU context. Isn't it about the gap between Civil War and Black Panther?

We might get a hint of Monica's hairstyle for the Marvels based on this interview:

We might get a hint of Monica's hairstyle for the Marvels based on this interview:

I'm not sure about that. Elizabeth Olsen doesn't even have the same hairstyle she did in the series. Teyonah could be wearing a wig for the Marvels or change her hairstyle when on set. I don't think it's necessarily indicative of what we'll see.

If the Doc Strange leaks are true, I wonder what Alt-Monica will look like costume wise?

So with her new push in the comics, I'm guessing they'll be going with the Photon name, rather than Spectrum or some other name.

AA11aIpA.img

After seeing that trailer, it looks she is really coheadlining the film.

Its weird that they started her as a Scarlet Witch supporting character, rather than getting her own origin series like Ms. Marvel.

But anyway, I can see a Marvel Studios' Photon being released eXclusively to Disney+ after this film.

I think she was the best character in the movie. How the film handled her relationship with Carol could have been eXecuted much better, as I didn't really get the feels. I didn't understand the awkwardness between them. Maybe more flashbacks to remind me how close she was with Carol would have added more depth or something? But out of the 3 leads, she had the best material.

I liked the Meta type inside joke of how they kept trying to give her different code-names though out the movie.... given how many different names the character has gone under in the comics over the years (pretty sure they sliped a few of her actual nicknames in their suggestions)

I liked the Meta type inside joke of how they kept trying to give her different code-names though out the movie.... given how many different names the character has gone under in the comics over the years (pretty sure they sliped a few of her actual nicknames in their suggestions)
And they never actually land on the very name used for marketing

i really enjoyed her in this. wished they touched more on how she felt after losing carol, and then returning and losing her mom too. a lot happened to her in a fairly short bit of time. coming back from the blip, getting powers etc

i thought she was pretty funny with some of her lines and i like that they showed her intelligence too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"