Thanos = This Generation's Darth Vader

Also what Thanos can say that the other villains can not? He is the reason why the main hero died, Tony Stark.

Also what Thanos can say that the other villains can not? He is the reason why the main hero died, Tony Stark.
Death Note was supposed to be that way originally, and Japanese film adaptions stuck to that.

Going by that logic alone, X24 is the greatest villain of them all. :oldrazz:

I don't think even Thanos is as culturally iconic as Darth Vader. Everyone knows who Darth Vader is, whether they're a Star Wars fan or not, while someone like my mom who doesn't pay attention to the MCU doesn't know who Thanos is.

But he probably comes the closest of anyone I can think of.

I don't think even Thanos is as culturally iconic as Darth Vader. Everyone knows who Darth Vader is, whether they're a Star Wars fan or not, while someone like my mom who doesn't pay attention to the MCU doesn't know who Thanos is.

Maybe the Joker might be more well known (than Thanos), but that would be more of a combination of Nicholson's Joker decades ago building a big base with the earlier generations along with Ledger’s version catching fire more recently.

Much as it may seem true, it's not actually the case that literally everyone knows Darth Vader. And the number of people who didn't know him would have been much higher in 1980 than today, and a great many of them would have been older people who didn't pay attention to pop culture of that sort. So this sort of anecdote is pretty meaningless.

6m9fdN8.jpg

I think Thanos has earned the recognition and respect that Darth Vader got in the original trilogy. Josh Brolin nailed his performance much like David Prowse and James Earl Jones had done for Vader. Alan Silvestri came up with a powerful opera theme for Thanos. While it’s no where the masterpiece of John Williams iconic “Imperial March”. It gets the job done.

Labron James once said he did not want to be the next Michael Jordan; he wanted to be the best Labron James. I think the same sort of reasoning ought to be applied here. If have to compare yourself to someone else, you are already in second place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"