"That's what she said."

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
When did this become a punchline/retort in pop culture? Anytime someone makes a comment, you basically respond with, "that's what she said...haw, haw, haw." :huh:

No one knows where/when these things start. But it's found new life through The Office I think.

God created Seinfeld on the 7th day.

God created Seinfeld on the 7th day.

Seinfeld didn't invent the "that's what she said" gag. I can remember doing those jokes when I was a kid, which predates Seinfeld. Severely. :(

jag

Seinfeld didn't invent the "that's what she said" gag. I can remember doing those jokes when I was a kid, which predates Seinfeld. Severely. :(

jag

Yeah, and?:huh:

It's a punchline? I thought it was a blatant way of letting someone know how much of a loser you are.... :huh:

But, the real question is: Who is "she"? Where did she come from? Why is she like a female Oscar Wilde, where nearly every quote is attributed to her? Someone must find these answers.

I first heard it on SNL in a Wayne's World sketch.

I had a friend in college that would say that after everthing that remotely sounded funny. "I have to go to my english class." Then immediately, "that's what she said." Honestly it made you want to punch her in the neck. It was so freaking annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"