How has nobody mentioned the Chuckster's body of 80s work yet....? :/

The Octagon
An Eye for an Eye
Lone Wolf McQuade
The Delta Force
Invasion USA
Missing in Action trilogy
Hero and the Terror

I saw Invasion USA and it was pretty funny. Aside from the fact that Chuck's facial expression doesn't change the whole movie, the villains were absolutely hilarious. I'll let the Ruthless 80s Action Guide sum it up:

The terrorists are Soviets, Cubans or drug dealers or something. Some are Chinese, some are American lowlifes who hang out in biker bars. It’s never even really clear. They’re just a shadowy amalgamation of right-wing fears. The scenes of American bliss that precede the terrorist attacks are unbelievably funny. White-bread families decorate their Christmas trees, attend church and visit Santa at the mall. The funniest part is that the wave of terrorism doesn’t deter anybody from these activities.

I'm guessing Top Gun doesn't fall under an action movie? I say that because it is noticeably absent from everyone's list...

Honestly, I never liked Top Gun all that much. It just seems to drag on a lot at times.

However, Top Gun is a top contender for the title of Gayest 80s Action Movie (with its only real rival being Rocky III), what with all the needless shower scenes, Goose's moustache, the commanding officer's line "I want some butts!" and the fact that the characters are in the Navy. But it certainly boasts the gayest scene in any 80s action movie: the one where Maverick and his buddies are playing beach volleyball. Each man is shirtless, sweaty and/or oiled, with plenty of high-fives and butt slaps to go around, and a song called "Playing with the Boys" on the soundtrack. Notably, Maverick is late for his date with a woman because of this very game.

Totally. Awsome intro as well. Even though Clubber Lang is a brute it's cool they showed him in the background sit and observe Rocky become over comfortable and arrogant than just come straight at him from the get go.

I grew up in the 80's so my formative years found me weened on 80's action films. Nothing like 'em. Looking back thruogh my collection, these movies make up a large part of it.

Die Hard
Predator
The Terminator
Lethal Weapon
Rambo: First Blood Part II

The definitvie 80's action movies IMO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"