The Abandoned Kryptonian Outpost...

barnface

Civilian
Reaction score
Remember when Zod is explaining to Clark how they scoured abandoned outposts in search of life once they were freed from the Phantom Zone?

It shows them in those space suits with the lights searching around, and Zod remarks, "All we found was death." On the same outpost where they found the world engine, they also came across the skeleton of what I'm guessing was a Kryptonian holding one of those laser rifles. The body was pretty far from the outpost and it wasn't the only skeleton in the shot.

So my question is: what happened to those guys? Someone or something had to have attacked them...

Yeah...it was just thrown aside with something like "the outposts were cut off from Krypton, so they died" but the entire point was to create a society that didn't need Krypton.

I imagine when the outposts where abandoned + the power crisis on Krypton, that basically Kyrpton stopped sending supplies to said outposts, and without such, all the outposts failed.

IE, the outposts where just that - outposts. They where not self-sufficient colonies yet. They needed their home-base for power and/or supplies (food?) and at some point Krypton just said "Meh, hell with them" and cut them off and they where left to starve and die, and likely fought amongst other for the remaining resources too.

I imagine when the outposts where abandoned + the power crisis on Krypton, that basically Kyrpton stopped sending supplies to said outposts, and without such, all the outposts failed.

IE, the outposts where just that - outposts. They where not self-sufficient colonies yet. They needed their home-base for power and/or supplies (food?) and at some point Krypton just said "Meh, hell with them" and cut them off and they where left to starve and die, and likely fought amongst other for the remaining resources too.

There were thousands of these things far, far, far away from Krypton...and they were created specifically to colonize new planets. It makes no sense that each of them would have needed Krypton to survive.

HOWEVER...I kind of like the idea that Krypton speaks English...so all of these thousands of outposts speak English...which is why English spread around the universe to every planet we'll ever encounter in the DC cinematic universe.

Maybe they were like a mission to Mars. A one-way trip?

How did Clark simply just...
waltz into a thousand's year old Kryptonian spaceship with his father's hologram there to tell him all the answers? Strange.

waltz into a thousand's year old Kryptonian spaceship with his father's hologram there to tell him all the answers? Strange.

Jor-El clearly stated in the film that he uploaded his intelligence to the key that Clark loaded into the console control

Jor-El is basically a sentient computer program. *cough Brainiac cough* ;) also allows Crowe to return for sequels which is good because I liked him

Thanks damian and MovieMaster. I was unclear. I would love to see more of Crowe also in future films!

I hope in the sequel they do Brainiac and he steals or destroys Kandor (this might fit the grounded tone of the film) and Jor El helped try to stop him.

I don't think Crowe will be in any sequels. Zod destroyed the hologram program in the scout ship,and the source (key) and other ship it was downloaded on (the prison ship) both got sucked into the Phantom Zone.

I don't think Crowe will be in any sequels. Zod destroyed the hologram program in the scout ship,and the source (key) and other ship it was downloaded on (the prison ship) both got sucked into the Phantom Zone.

Could be involved in flashbacks but I don't think he'll be back either

Lex Luthor is probably a Kryptonian, like JJ Abrams original SUPERMAN concept, and that's his pod.

I think the fact that there were outpost all over leaves room for Daxamites to exist. I wonder who was in the pod that was left open on Earth? H'El?

I think the fact that there were outpost all over leaves room for Daxamites to exist. I wonder who was in the pod that was left open on Earth? H'El?

In the prequel comic, it was Supergirl, and a stowaway that was a recruit to be in the colonization program, but was failing, so he killed a team member and tried to kill Supergirl. He was going to get the death penalty, so anti-death penalty members of the council broke him out and he snuck on board. They fought...she stabbed him with what appeared to be red kryptonite...and the ship crashed. One of them walked away (didn't show which).

Remember when Zod is explaining to Clark how they scoured abandoned outposts in search of life once they were freed from the Phantom Zone?

It shows them in those space suits with the lights searching around, and Zod remarks, "All we found was death." On the same outpost where they found the world engine, they also came across the skeleton of what I'm guessing was a Kryptonian holding one of those laser rifles. The body was pretty far from the outpost and it wasn't the only skeleton in the shot.

So my question is: what happened to those guys? Someone or something had to have attacked them...

Know what would be awesome?

Those Kryptonians died a far different way than what Zod perceived:

Doomsday_Charges.jpg

Doomsday going from planet to planet, star to star, trying to find a worthy opponent.

This got me thinking that perhaps Brainiac will seek out Kal-El because he has the Kryptonian genetic code imprinted on his skin cells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"