• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gameloft just pwned the crap out of the console version of spidey's fighting and that's what I wanted to see if I had a mobile I woild totally get it
the look the feel the style etc just beautiful

This new trailer for gameloft version is ridiculous. The combos look a million times better than what Beenox has. They even have web combos.....uhhhhh.

How can the mobile game be better than the console version? SMH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLN3olo7xzA

So then get the mobile version? Why complain haha

Gameloft just pwned the crap out of the console version of spidey's fighting and that's what I wanted to see if I had a mobile I woild totally get it
the look the feel the style etc just beautiful

You don't have a mobile?

Well looks like ill probably be getting that mobile version as well. I'll give Gameloft a lot of credit for getting the scale much better than Beenox did. Look at how big and wide the streets are compared to spidey. It seems Beenox thinks there's only 2 lanes in NYC. Another thing i liked is how big and tall the buildings look as compared to spidey which just adds to the feel of the swinging even though they are using the cloud swinging.

Waiting for the day Beenox gets rid of the muscle look Spidey has in all of their games. You don't even see a sixpack on Spidey in the movie and in this game he looks like he comes fresh out of the gym while being on a cut.

Waiting for the day Beenox gets rid of the muscle look Spidey has in all of their games. You don't even see a sixpack on Spidey in the movie and in this game he looks like he comes fresh out of the gym while being on a cut.

Screw that, we're almost getting the same game as the first one. My excitment for beenox to do anything new and exciting for spidey games has passed.

I'm looking forward to a non-beenox spidey game now.

Screw that, we're almost getting the same game as the first one. My excitment for beenox to do anything new and exciting for spidey games has passed.

I'm looking forward to a non-beenox spidey game now.

And yet you're commenting in this thread. A thread for a spidey game by beenox in which you have no excitement at all for. :whatever:

Get over it Broseph44, not everyone has to be as impressed with the game as you. Stop complaining about people complaining, this is as good a place as any for criticism.

As someone who doesn't play mobile games, I can understand the disappointment in seeing that the combat actually looks better in the mobile version. The console version is going to reach a larger audience, has more time/money going into it and is using more advanced tech, so it's not unreasonable to expect better.

@Tim I am not a fan of the super lean+cut+muscular look as well. Good to know that I am not alone!

Since I think I won't be getting the console version of the game, I might just spend a couple of dollars on the mobile version just for the kicks.

Get over it Broseph44, not everyone has to be as impressed with the game as you. Stop complaining about people complaining, this is as good a place as any for criticism.

As someone who doesn't play mobile games, I can understand the disappointment in seeing that the combat actually looks better in the mobile version. The console version is going to reach a larger audience, has more time/money going into it and is using more advanced tech, so it's not unreasonable to expect better.

The combat doesn't look better, it looks overly fake and cartoony. I know we are talking about a super hero movie, but the movie game will be more grounded in reality, we won't see him putting 10 kicks in a row in a person while juggling him in the air like in the mobile version and we shouldn't expect that from the game. Plus the mobile game will most certainly not be as intuitive or fun, it has no semblance of flow, just push the icon on the screen over and over and Spider-Man does whatever he wants.

The combat doesn't look better, it looks overly fake and cartoony. I know we are talking about a super hero movie, but the movie game will be more grounded in reality, we won't see him putting 10 kicks in a row in a person while juggling him in the air like in the mobile version and we shouldn't expect that from the game. Plus the mobile game will most certainly not be as intuitive or fun, it has no semblance of flow, just push the icon on the screen over and over and Spider-Man does whatever he wants.

What? So that's the excuse for unexciting combat? And half baked web mechanics?????? He can't even fire a regular webline without it being AUTOMATIC. The gameloft video had some really exciting looking combos. And they were very realistic looking. Besides this is a game about a guy who can stick to walls and swing from buildings. Realism when out the door along time ago.

That is interesting, the combat in the mobile game does look more fun than it is in the console game
I can assume the same about the swinging

That is interesting, the combat in the mobile game does look more fun than it is in the console game
I can assume the same about the swinging

You can actually web rodeo in the GAMELOFT game! That's ridiculous! And they had a move were you can tie up multiple opponents and slam them down! Those should be basic moves in Beenox's games and they have yet again failed to give us a proper web system. Webbing should be it's own mechanic. It should not be reduced to only being in automatic combat or automated moves(Disarm) and it should definitely not just be used with the infamous Web Shoot move that they add in game after game....

And even though it's a mobile game I like the fact that they have you interact while in the combo. Beenox loves to use one button or sometimes no buttons at all in their combat(ex. Beatdown finisher on a big goon)

You can actually web rodeo in the GAMELOFT game! That's ridiculous! And they had a move were you can tie up multiple opponents and slam them down! Those should be basic moves in Beenox's games and they have yet again failed to give us a proper web system. Webbing should be it's own mechanic. It should not be reduced to only being in automatic combat or automated moves(Disarm) and it should definitely not just be used with the infamous Web Shoot move that they add in game after game....
I know. I think Beenox should be allowed to make their own thing, but the combat moves in the mobile version should be lots of fun played using a gamepad

I know. I think Beenox should be allowed to make their own thing, but the combat moves in the mobile version should be lots of fun played using a gamepad

Too me it's not about making their own thing. It's about getting the basics down. Firing weblines is so basic and they don't even have it. Why can't I aim and shoot? Basically as I have mentioned in the past, Beenox really needs to give the power back to the players in a lot of aspects of their games.

I wonder how the third game is going to turn out. I really do not want ASM2 with another coat of paint and the SAME combat system. They are acting like they crafted the best iteration of Spidey's combat and gameplay like the Arkham series when in fact they haven't even scratched the surface. I don't want them to tweak it like they did in ASM1 by barely adding anything fun or unique. The freeflow was kind of stiff and it was no were near as fluid as the game it copies.

Spidey needs more options. I don't think Beenox will deliver what I want in the next game. I honestly don't think they have what it takes. I think next game they will keep the swinging the same and probably STILL won't add tricks to mix it up. And even if they did I have a feeling they would find a way to make it automatic. I wouldn't even be surprised if they STILL didn't add a webline system. When I asked them about weblines they mentioned trying tightropes.
Spidey uses weblines all the time and the only thing they thought of was a tightrope??? I don't think they get it guys....

Too me it's not about making their own thing. It's about getting the basics down. Firing weblines is so basic and they don't even have it. Why can't I aim and shoot? Basically as I have mentioned in the past, Beenox really needs to give the power back to the players in a lot of aspects of their games.
This I understand, and agree with

I wonder how the third game is going to turn out. I really do not want ASM2 with another coat of paint and the SAME combat system. They are acting like they crafted the best iteration of Spidey's combat and gameplay like the Arkham series when in fact they haven't even scratched the surface. I don't want them to tweak it like they did in ASM1 by barely adding anything fun or unique. The freeflow was kind of stiff and it was no were near as fluid as the game it copies.
This is kinda harsh
They did scratch the surface, and the freeflow is more fluid in Amazing Spider-Man than it is in Arkham Asylum (based on what I experienced), although Arkham City put them both to shame in the fluidity it offers in combat

This I understand, and agree with

This is kinda harsh
They did scratch the surface, and the freeflow is more fluid in Amazing Spider-Man than it is in Arkham Asylum (based on what I experienced), although Arkham City put them both to shame in the fluidity it offers in combat

I was referring to Arkham City not Asylum. Look the combat in ASM1 was better than previous games because you could "Feel" the moves in the controller. That was one of my gripes with Shattered. You would do some cool combos and no of it would register in the controller. It was like hitting air! I'm glad they fixed that but to me the combat was pretty stiff sometimes and he barely had any animations when he countered other than jumping on the opponent. And the upgrade system imo was kind of fake. I never felt like I could learn anything new. It was just them releasing a block from the game and then saying "Hey! Now you can do signature moves with 10 hits! Enjoy!"

The mobile game does look good for a mobile game. But it has webs attaching to the sky, I thought that puts you guys instantly off a Spidey game ;)? Have to say the Spidey model (less muscle guy, similar to movie) does look good and certain animations are really nice and look like they've been ripped straight from the movie too.

Not going to get this though, I hate Apple for not supporting PayPal or direct bank payments in the AppStore. All they offer is some other 3rd party payment service and credit cards. Not going to get iTunes store cards for this either.

I'm sure TASM2 will be enough for me next month.

The mobile game does look good for a mobile game. But it has webs attaching to the sky, I thought that puts you guys instantly off a Spidey game ;)? Have to say the Spidey model (less muscle guy, similar to movie) does look good and certain animations are really nice and look like they've been ripped straight from the movie too.

Not going to get this though, I hate Apple for not supporting PayPal or direct bank payments in the AppStore. All they offer is some other 3rd party payment service and credit cards. Not going to get iTunes store cards for this either.

I'm sure TASM2 will be enough for me next month.

I didn't say anything about the swinging. I said combat looks more fun than Beenox's game. I won't actually be buying the Gameloft version. I was just surprised at how good it looks.

The mobile game does look good for a mobile game. But it has webs attaching to the sky, I thought that puts you guys instantly off a Spidey game ;)?
Not me, as long as swinging is fun I don't care where the webs stick to
I got tired of the "realism" demand some have, I can get over not having real physics when in some popular games injured characters can move like expert rock climbers instead of bleeding to death

It looks ok, but I think I'm still gonna have more fun with the console version. Not a big fan of mobile games like this. Mainly because I don't like the buttons being on the touch screen. I prefer to have a controller in my hand. Gameboy, DS and 3DS are great because the buttons aren't on the screen.

I agree with Spider-man being way too ripped in the console game though. He doesn't really look like that in the film, the suit looks really tight on Spider-man in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"