• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt that I will find some enjoyment in this game, if we want the dream Spider-Man game I have a feeling it won't be from a movie game, anyone else think we should let another developer have a go after this? Don't get me wrong, I've had a lot of fun with Beenox's games, but I think they have trouble with creating a fluid looking game, as you guys have noticed with the combat. Almost every Beenox Spider-Man game seems to suffer from this. I do think this game has some nice animations but some of them are awkward.

I like Beenox's passion for Spider-Man, they're fans and I like that but I think we need to try a different company to delevop, see what they bring and hope they share the same passion.

Agreed.

My guess for them not being able to completely nail the animations and the overall polish, would be that they don't have to time.

Not for these movie-tie-ins, anyway.

Not only is Greg's words a concern, but when you look at the clips you clearly see that the combat looks exactly as iffy as in ASM. The transitions between moves are so whacky! Ugh! There's no flow at all to it!

Also, the animations when swinging sometimes seem to look awful. The physics look clearly wrong when he lets go of the web. It looks good when you go upwards, but when you release earlier to move more forward (which obviously should be the most common way of swinging) it looks very weird.

Not interested in this anymore.

Beenox has been behind their time in physics from the start. I don't think they're ever gonna catch up to the top tier developers

Agreed.

My guess for them not being able to completely nail the animations and the overall polish, would be that they don't have to time.

Not for these movie-tie-ins, anyway.

I agree, but I thought some of the animations in SD were a bit stiff sometimes. I wonder if they had limited time with that game because of Activision. *sigh*

What would you guys say is your favorite Spider-Man game ever so far? I really liked Web of Shadows, although I wish it had a crime system like the previous games had. I'm also replaying Spider-man 3, and just finished 2 a couple weeks ago.

I agree, but I thought some of the animations in SD were a bit stiff sometimes. I wonder if they had limited time with that game because of Activision. *sigh*

Maybe.

But again, maybe the animations in SD are just outdated.

Anything will look inferior when comparing it to, say; The Last of Us or Second Son, even if one weren't to do so, consciously.

Still, I suppose I agree to some degree on the animations in SD being slightly stiff.

wait so their focus is on current gen?? I really don't know if that's good or bad

still, the footage we've gotten is from the next gen?

This title is being released on every current platform: Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, Playstation 4 and Microsoft Windows. There is even a mobile game coming from Gameloft for Android and iOS.

What would you guys say is your favorite Spider-Man game ever so far? I really liked Web of Shadows, although I wish it had a crime system like the previous games had. I'm also replaying Spider-man 3, and just finished 2 a couple weeks ago.

I'd still say Spider-man 2 because of the many things you could do and the awesome upgrade system that kept rewarding you with really cool Spider-man moves like tying criminals to street/traffic posts. I really like Web of Shadows too but I wish it had an endgame instead of just ending and having to restart the game just to go around the city again. For nostalgia I would say Spider-man 2000 and Enter Electro and Spider-man the movie game. I can't pick one since I have special memories with a lot of them. But Spider-man 2 was the most mind blowing and fun.

Edit: Also Ultimate Spider-man up there with Spider-man 2, playable Venom in free roam! *o*

Last edited:
1) Spider-Man (PS1)
2) Spider-Man 2 (PS2)
3) Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (PS3)
4) Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro (PS1)
5) The Amazing Spider-Man (PS3)
6) Spider-Man: The Movie Game (PC)
7) Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (Xbox 360)

I haven't played Spider-Man 3, Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man: Edge of Time.

Gosh! How could I forget Ultimate Spider-man! That game is up on my list because of playable Venom and free roam had Queens!

I'd still say Spider-man 2 because of the many things you could do and the awesome upgrade system that kept rewarding you with really cool Spider-man moves like tying criminals to street/traffic posts. I really like Web of Shadows too but I wish it had an endgame instead of just ending and having to restart the game just to go around the city again. For nostalgia I would say Spider-man 2000 and Enter Electro and Spider-man the movie game. I can't pick one since I have special memories with a lot of them. But Spider-man 2 was the most mind blowing and fun.

Edit: Also Ultimate Spider-man up there with Spider-man 2, playable Venom in free roam! *o*

QFT.

The upgrade system in SD was a little over the top and lacked focus. It had way to many combos to remember. SM2's system was rewarding and it had just enough moves to keep the player entertained. The upgrade system in ASM happened way to often and tbh the upgrades weren't that fun tbh. I wonder if this game's upgrades are better this time around.

QFT.

The upgrade system in SD was a little over the top and lacked focus. It had way to many combos to remember. SM2's system was rewarding and it had just enough moves to keep the player entertained. The upgrade system in ASM happened way to often and tbh the upgrades weren't that fun tbh. I wonder if this game's upgrades are better this time around.

:up: Let's hope TASM 2's is better than TASM.

All these new pages make me think there's new footage to hype about...
Stop playing with my emotions! :p

IGN almost never get anyone excited about a Spidey video game
At least not after Spider-Man 2, the only exception is Shattered Dimensions

Why does it seem like some people on here always seem to blame the critics for their reactions more so than the actual quality of the product that is being delivered to create such reactions?

The next step is acceptance.

Like I said, I never usually agree with Greg's opinion. If he didn't like the game that's fair enough, but I'd like to play it before blindly agreeing with one critic (especially one I don't usually agree with) I want to make my own judgment.

Like I said, I never usually agree with Greg's opinion. If he didn't like the game that's fair enough, but I'd like to play it before blindly agreeing with one critic (especially one I don't usually agree with) I want to make my own judgment.

Fair enough but Greg never said he "disliked" the game but rather it was just more of the same. He called it "not pretty and repetitive." As a comic/superhero fan he's still gonna play the game and "collect all the comics" like last time--he just wasn't impressed with the game. It was mediocre. I was quite surprised with his statements cause usually he's very much hyping up what he sees.

Why does it seem like some people on here always seem to blame the critics for their reactions more so than the actual quality of the product that is being delivered to create such reactions?

It's only one critic, IGN are quite hard to impress to be fair.

Fair enough but Greg never said he "disliked" the game but rather it was just more of the same. He called it "not pretty and repetitive." As a comic/superhero fan he's still gonna play the game and "collect all the comics" like last time--he just wasn't impressed with the game. It was mediocre. I was quite surprised with his statements cause usually he's very much hyping up what he sees.

7.0/10 (what he gave ASM) is a "good" on IGN. A ~5/10 = mediocre.

Just throwing it out there. :)

Ok, but he wasn't saying good things, of course he's going to play it and that's cool of him to give it a chance. But he's probably going to review it.

1) Spider-Man (PS1)
2) Spider-Man 2 (PS2)

I haven't played Spider-Man 3, Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man: Edge of Time.

Whaaaaaaaat.
You need to play Ultimate. It's probably my favorite! Plus, you play as Venom

When do you guys think they'll announce the voice actor for spidey? I'm really hoping for Josh Keaton.

Not interested in this anymore.
Suit yourself

1) Spider-Man (PS1)
2) Spider-Man 2 (PS2)
How come Enter Electro is lower than Shattered Dimensions? It's like the first game, with new villains, and different additives to the web
Equally fun

I'm not blaming them for anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"