The "Art" of MODOK

MODOK

Civilian
Reaction score
Checking out these threads motivates me to draw some more. I thought I would finally create my own thread. Here goes...

This is a Batman I sketched at work one day. You can tell that it is on the back of an important document LOL!
batman.jpg

I created this drawing of Storm Shadow for the 80's contest last year.

stormshadow2.gif

This is a logo I created for a hockey team I played on a few years back. If I can find a pic I will post the actual jerseys later.

Initial Sketch:
originalsketch.jpg

Final Logo:
scorpionlogo.jpg

This is a simple manip I created to spice up the Windows XP Bliss desktop.
I call it Super Bliss!

SuperBlisscopy.jpg

I found a picture of my brother and I dressed as Stormtroopers from Halloween 1979. I created this little manip out of it:

vader.jpg

Hey, you've got a great talent for maniping and drawing. You've actually made that windows desktop interesting :p

Here is my entry for the Superhero Sell-out contest.
First my original sketch:
scan.jpg

And my final result:
PowerGirl3.jpg

Checking out these threads motivates me to draw some more. I thought I would finally create my own thread. Here goes...

This is a Batman I sketched at work one day. You can tell that it is on the back of an important document LOL!
batman.jpg

love it! nice entry this month in the contest too, btw!

I am bad at hands so I am trying to practice. I did a quick sketch of my left hand...
hand.jpg

been working on hands too... a tip... always draw about 5 or 6 inches of the wrist and arm... for what ever reason it sells that hand better, and its also good practice because wrists flow into hands in many diff ways.

Thanks Matt, I will take that advice. I see what you mean. I had lightly sketched lines for the wrist that didn't come across in the scan. I think my hand was cramping so I stopped sketching LOL.

I took a stab at a Clone Trooper...

clonetrooper3.jpg

Here is my entry for the Steampunk contest.

The idea was driven by the Galactus "force" in Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer.

I figure if there was a Steampunk movie the Galactus force would be a giant Gear.

The Gear and Planetoid sphere were created and assembled in Autodesk Inventor. The background, cracks, and smoke were added in Photoshop.

galactus.jpg

Here is my WIP for the Green Lantern contest.
I tried my best to channel Ryan Reynolds for this one.
Let me know what you think!
scan-1.jpg

contest entry looks good so far

Well I added some more to my GL WIP.
I am not sure where I am going to go from here because I am not very good at digital color LOL.
scan0001.jpg

I have to say, your technique with pencils is quite good, especially in the cripsness of your linework. Your colored stuff doens't carry this over, though. The outilnes are uneven and jittery.

I think old fashioned pencil may be your best bet for now. If you want to color your stuff, trying scanning the drawing and just laying in colors on top of that. The mixture of bright, digital colors and a dark brown, soft, natural outline can make for a very interesting and eye-pleasing image.

I've used the style before and fully intend on using it again. The results simply look good.

pretty good! careful with proportions!

Thanks! I definitely went a little crazy on the GL. I think it's because I tried to use a Ryan Reynolds Reference for the head/shoulders and then did my own thing for the rest. I also need to practice my fore-shortening.

I have to say, your technique with pencils is quite good, especially in the cripsness of your linework. Your colored stuff doens't carry this over, though. The outilnes are uneven and jittery.

I think old fashioned pencil may be your best bet for now. If you want to color your stuff, trying scanning the drawing and just laying in colors on top of that. The mixture of bright, digital colors and a dark brown, soft, natural outline can make for a very interesting and eye-pleasing image.

I've used the style before and fully intend on using it again. The results simply look good.

Jittery is a good description! I do not have a tablet. The digital colors I have done in the past have been with a mouse.

So you are suggesting coloring on top of the pencils instead of trying to color the outlines? I have never tried that.

I am tempted to get some color pencils and go that route. I know it doesn't always compare to the great digital colors that some of the hypesters do but I usually find it more fun.

Thanks for the comments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"