The Avengers: Battle For Earth

Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth Preview

Preview
on Jul 16, 2012 at 01:42 PM
xbox360-icon.png

Ubisoft has released a new trailer for its upcoming Avengers game, and it features no shortage of superheroes kicking the crap out of each other.
... More

source:GI

cool trailer, the article described super skrull as "some kind of ugly elf thing with a rock arm" :doh:

lol That's why they shouldn't let the person that has no clue of the Genra(being comic's) write the article. But he'll have to learn about it eventually. Now if only the actual Game play turns out as well as the trailers.

Nice to know there's some others on the forum with taste that walk away from the wolverine over dose. too bad it was for this trailer though.

Last edited:
The cgi trailer looks great but I doubt the gameplay will even come close to matching it .

As awful as this game looks, it appears as though I'll still buy it. My brother just got kinect so this will be a fun family game to enjoy with him on occasion.

I wish we were getting a non-Avengers Kinect game. :(

non-avengers kinect game or a non-kinect avengers game?

Why do the trailers have to look so cool when the game won't be?

Co-opinion: Avengers: Battle for Earth
(14 hours ago)

avengers-hulk-huh.jpg
Mike Schramm: I'm sure at some point in this writeup, we'll probably talk about how Avengers: Battle for Earth is a Kinect game, and that means, like most Kinect games, it works much better in theory ("A fighting game where you control Marvel characters by making moves on Kinect") than it does in actual practice.

But I don't want to get to that point yet, because here's the thing: I had a lot of fun playing it. There's something awesome about sticking your hand up in the air and then pushing it forward to make Thor fling electricity from his hammer, or crouching down and then bringing your arms up high to make the Hulk chuck some ground at his opponent. These are iconic characters from my childhood all the way up to the popular movie, and this game portrays them in a really colorful and fun way.
avengers-iron-man.jpg
Jess Conditt: Let it be known that Mike Schramm makes an impressive (nay, an incredible) Hulk. I wasn't so bad either, I think. Especially for rippling-muscle-challenged people like myself it's wonderful to embody the larger-than-life heroes in Marvel's repetoire, as Mike suggested. I played our multiplayer battle as Venom and Iron Man, two of my personal favorite characters, and they didn't disappoint.

Most motions are shared by each character – punch, knee up, arms out and clapped together, etc. – but the resulting moves are different. With the same punching move, Iron Man shoots a beam of light from his palm and Hulk rushes the player, fists-first. It's a powerful feeling to throw a punch "at" your friend and watch his hero respond on-screen.
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Comic Con 2012)

Continue Reading

source: Joystiq

hmmm I'll believe it when I see video gameplay.

This game seems more Marvel Heroes than Avengers, although I guess Avengers would be appropriate anyway considering everyone in the MU is getting a shot at being one

hehe Punishers isn't. and that's a good thing seeing what took place durin civil war. I'm sure there's afew others like misty night etc that aren't joining too.

Last edited:
The trailer is amazing! But the graphics of the actual game aren't amazing :(.

Everyone should boycott this stupid looking Ubisoft Avengers game. The game by THQ looked awesome and I'm so sad we're not getting it. People can play the Marvel vs Capcom games if they want the battle royale gameplay, instead of the Ubisoft crap.

Oh man. Oh man. Oh man.

The demo is out today. I'm VERY impressed. Yes, I had my doubts about this game but it's fun as hell. You get extra damage points during a character's ULTRA for screaming their catchphrase (HULK SMASH, FOR ASGARD, etc) and it's tons of fun and definitely something fanboys will want to do. Definitely a fun game. Worth 60$? Eh. Idk. I'll need to see the roster and the things they can do.

Oh that's right there is demo out today. Or to be more accurate yesterday.

so you actually liked it? interesting who did they have in this demo pepsiguy?

Last edited:
Oh that's right there is demo out today. Or to be more accurate yesterday.

so you actually liked it? interesting who did they have in this demo pepsiguy?

You play as Thor and Hulk and face Cap Skrull/Magneto Skrull. IT just thrusts you into battle.

News

Full Character Lineup for Avengers: Battle for Earth

Ubisoft has announced all the characters that will be included in the new Kinect fighting game Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth when it hits the Xbox 360 on October 30. It'll include 20 of the best heroes and villains, and you'll get to take control of all of them in the story mode, which is inspired by the iconic Secret Invasion storyline...

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Wish it had:
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Cyclops
Falcon

Don't want:
Iceman
"Queen Varanke"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"