Clone Wars The Clone Wars Episode Chronology Thread

FVD

Launder the Conscience
Reaction score
Seeing as those over at TheForce.net have been working on theirs, which has been very good - Leland Chee over at StarWars.com has recently been giving updates on what has been announced so far. From what I understand, the series is going to start broadcasting in chronological order.

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2012/11/09/chronicling-the-clone-wars -5/#more-18314

• Cat and Mouse” (S216)
  • “Hidden Enemy“ (S116)
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008 theatrical release)
  • “Clone Cadets” (S301)
  • “Supply Lines” (S303)
  • “Ambush” (S101)
  • “Rising Malevolence” (S102)
  • “Shadow of Malevolence” (S103)
  • “Destroy Malevolence” (S104)
  • “Rookies” (S105)
  • “Downfall of a Droid” (S106)
  • “Duel of the Droids” (S107)
  • “Bombad Jedi” (S108)
  • “Cloak of Darkness” (S109)
  • “Lair of Grievous” (S110)
  • “Dooku Captured” (S111)
  • “The Gungan General” (S112)
  • “Jedi Crash” (S113)
  • “Defenders of Peace” (S114)
  • “Trespass” (S115)
  • “Blue Shadow Virus” (S117)

And that's it for the moment. I have a full list of the previous Seasons as well.

I thought the 'Ryloth' episodes took place before the 'Malevolence' episodes.

That's what a lot of fans were speculating too. The same with Supply Lines and Ambush which would have flowed along rather nicely.

That's what a lot of fans were speculating too. The same with Supply Lines and Ambush which would have flowed along rather nicely.

Cool. I haven't seen 'supply lines' yet (I'll probably buy season 3 next week) but I'll keep an eye out for that.

Okay, so here's something else I've been thinking that no one else seems to mention.

I'm sort of thinking that 'The Mandolore' trilogy might take place before the Clone Wars movie. why?

1. Ashoka is nowhere to be seen or heard from for any of the three episodes. Obviously she COULD just be back at the temple, but still.
2. Obi Wan makes reference to having 'recently' had a run in with Jango Fett, who died in AOTC, which would seem to indicate that this takes place not too long afterward.
3. Later on, when Ashoka goes to Mandalore to teach the cadets, someone makes a reference to Obi Wan's last visit (from 'the Mandalore plot'), and she acts as if it's new information to her. She says something along the lines of "Obi wan caused trouble?" as if that's a surprise to hear. It strikes me that if the 'Mandalore trilogy' had happened after she became Anakin's padawan that she might have heard Anakin and Obi talking about it at least once.

Anyways. Those are my thoughts. Can anyone think of something that I may have missed, or do I actually have a point here?

Yeah that would have fit in nicely too, but Leland Chee seems to think otherwise. :p

And an updated list as it currently stands ....

- Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
- “Cat and Mouse” (S216)
- “Hidden Enemy” (S116)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008 theatrical release)
- “Clone Cadets” (S301)
- “Supply Lines” (S303)
- “Ambush” (S101)
- “Rising Malevolence” (S102)
- “Shadow of Malevolence” (S103)
- “Destroy Malevolence” (S104)
- “Rookies” (S105)
- “Downfall of a Droid” (S106)
- “Duel of the Droids” (S107)
- “Bombad Jedi” (S108)
- “Cloak of Darkness” (S109)
- “Lair of Grievous” (S110)
- “Dooku Captured” (S111)
- “The Gungan General” (S112)
- “Jedi Crash” (S113)
- “Defenders of Peace” (S114)
- “Trespass” (S115)
- “Blue Shadow Virus” (S117)
- “Mystery of a Thousand Moons (S118)
- “Storm over Ryloth” (S119)
- “Innocents of Ryloth” (S120)
- “Liberty on Ryloth” (S121)
- “Holocron Heist” (S201)
- “Cargo of Doom” (S202)
- “Children of the Force” (S203)
- “Bounty Hunters” (S217)

Last edited:
Interesting.

So then this is the 'official' timeline? I notice a lot of episodes are missing from that list. I assume that Chee hasn't given us a completed list.

Can I take this to mean that the Mandalore Trilogy simply hasn't been 'officially' accounted for yet?

Thanks

And here is an updated list as of the 7th of May. Looks like your Mandalore Trilogy has just started there Fox. :)

- Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
- “Cat and Mouse” (S216)
- “Hidden Enemy” (S116)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008 theatrical release)
- “Clone Cadets” (S301)
- “Supply Lines” (S303)
- “Ambush” (S101)
- “Rising Malevolence” (S102)
- “Shadow of Malevolence” (S103)
- “Destroy Malevolence” (S104)
- “Rookies” (S105)
- “Downfall of a Droid” (S106)
- “Duel of the Droids” (S107)
- “Bombad Jedi” (S108)
- “Cloak of Darkness” (S109)
- “Lair of Grievous” (S110)
- “Dooku Captured” (S111)
- “The Gungan General” (S112)
- “Jedi Crash” (S113)
- “Defenders of Peace” (S114)
- “Trespass” (S115)
- “Blue Shadow Virus” (S117)
- “Mystery of a Thousand Moons (S118)
- “Storm over Ryloth” (S119)
- “Innocents of Ryloth” (S120)
- “Liberty on Ryloth” (S121)
- “Holocron Heist” (S201)
- “Cargo of Doom” (S202)
- “Children of the Force” (S203)
- “Bounty Hunters” (S217)
- “The Zillo Beast” (S218)
- “The Zillo Beast Strikes Back” (S219)
- “Senate Spy” (S204)
- “Landing at Point Rain” (S205)
- “Weapons Factory” (S206)
- “Legacy of Terror” (S207)
- “Brain Invaders” (S208)
- “Grievous Intrigue” (S209)
- “The Deserter” (S210)
- “Lightsaber Lost” (S211)
- “The Mandalore Plot” (S212)
- “Voyage of Temptation” (S213)

Awesome FVD, tnx for updating this :woot:

Well dismissing Leland Chee's blogs here is a more thorough Timeline. Note that there are several Season 5 episodes still missing. Timeline also makes the Movie a better watch too. This post came from theForce.net Message Boards.

STAR WARS: EPISODE I - THE PHANTOM MENACE

STAR WARS: EPISODE II - ATTACK OF THE CLONES

22 BBY

2.16: Cat and Mouse (7 weeks after the Battle of Geonosis)
1.16: The Hidden Enemy
2008: Clone Wars Movie (The New Padawan/Castle of Deception/Castle of Doom/Castle of Salvation)
3.01: Clone Cadets

3.03: Supply Lines
1.01: Ambush
1.02: Rising Malevolence
1.03: Shadow of Malevolence
1.04: Destroy Malevolence
1.05: Rookies
1.06: Downfall of a Droid
1.07: Duel of the Droids
1.08: Bombad Jedi
1.09: Cloak of Darkness
1.10: Lair of Grievous
1.11: Dooku Captured
1.12: The Gungan General
1.13: Jedi Crash
1.14: Defenders of Peace
1.15: Trespass
1.17: Blue Shadow Virus
1.18: Mystery of a Thousand Moons
1.19: Storm Over Ryloth
1.20: Innocents of Ryloth
1.21: Liberty on Ryloth
2.01: Holocron Heist
2.02: Cargo of Doom
2.03: Children of the Force
2.17: Bounty Hunters
2.18: The Zillo Beast
2.19: The Zillo Beast Strikes Back

21 BBY
2.04: Senate Spy
2.05: Landing at Point Rain
2.06: Weapons Factory
2.07: Legacy of Terror
2.08: Brain Invaders
2.09: Grievous Intrigue
2.10: The Deserter
2.11: Lightsaber Lost
2.20: Death Trap
2.21: R2 Come Home
2.22: Lethal Trackdown
3.04: Sphere of Influence
3.02: ARC Troopers
2.12: The Mandalore Plot
2.13: Voyage of Temptation
2.14: Duchess of Mandalore
3.05: Corruption
3.06: The Academy
3.07: Assassin
3.08: Evil Plans
1.22: Hostage Crisis
3.09: Hunt for Ziro
3.10: Heroes on Both Sides
3.11: Pursuit of Peace
2.15: Senate Murders
3.12: Nightsisters
3.13: Monster
3.14: Witches of the Mist
3.15: Overlords
3.16: Altar of Mortis
3.17: Ghosts of Mortis
3.18: The Citadel
3.19: Counterattack
3.20: Citadel Rescue
3.21: Padawan Lost
3.22: Wookiee Hunt
4.01: Water War
4.02: Gungan Attack
4.03: Prisoners
4.04: Shadow Warrior
4.05: Mercy Mission
4.06: Nomad Droids
4.07: Darkness on Umbara
4.08: The General
4.09: Plan of Dissent
4.10: Carnage of Krell
4.11: Kidnapped
4.12: Slaves of the Republic
4.13: Escape from Kadavo
4.14: A Friend in Need
4.15: Deception
4.16: Friends and Enemies
4.17: The Box
4.18: Crisis on Naboo
4.19: Massacre
4.20: Bounty
4.21: Brothers
4.22: Revenge

20 BBY
5.02: A War on Two Fronts
5.03: Front Runners
5.04: The Soft War
5.05: Tipping Points
5.06: The Gathering
5.07: A Test of Strength
5.08: Bound for Rescue
5.09: A Necessary Bond
5.01: Revival

STAR WARS: EPISODE III - REVENGE OF THE SITH

Last edited:
Heck yes, thanks a lot! :woot:

Is there a reason given to why the episodes are out of order like that?

I'm having some trouble respecting Leland Chee's authority when it comes to this show. Yes, I understand that his job titles gives him the official 'final word' on Star Wars Chronology debate, but I still hold him in contempt. Whenever he's called out for an inconsistency in his episode ordering his rebuttals (and it's always a rebuttal, he never accepts that he's wrong) are seldom more satisfying than "You're wrong, and you're point doesn't matter, because no."

For instance, he has placed the Clovis Trilogy chronologically after season five even though in the episode 'Rise of Clovis' Obi Wan makes a reference to Anakin that Satine is alive. He states "You've met Satine. You know I once harboured feelings for her"

YOU'VE met Satine. 'You've' is compound for 'You have', which implies present tense. That, combined with the fact that the Clovis trilogy was in production, and meant to be released, with Season 5 would strongly indicate that these episodes should take place some time before "Eminence".

Personally I don't care where Chee says these episodes take place. He's wrong. If an executive at Marvel insisted that the events of the Iron Man 3 took place before the Avengers and then proceeded to ignore all of our completely valid arguments to the contrary, we would all ignore what he said (rightfully) and watch the films in the correct order.

All due respect to Mr. Chee, but unless he wants to provide valid explanations for his ordering based on the content of the show (and not vague references to events that 'might' have happened in between episodes) I'll be ignoring a lot of what he has to say in favour of a Chronological ordering that makes sense.

Anyone knows how long after Episode II te series was set? There's an entire missing period where Anakin was knighted, Ventress started fighting the jedi and Obi-Wan had some sort of weird encounters with her.

Anyone knows how long after Episode II te series was set? There's an entire missing period where Anakin was knighted, Ventress started fighting the jedi and Obi-Wan had some sort of weird encounters with her.

Chronologically season 2 episode 16 "Cat and Mouse" is the first episode of the series. http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

Do any of the characters in that episode mention how long it's been since Geonossis?

Edit: Ok so The Clone Wars movie is chronologically episode 3 of the Clone Wars show and the events of that movie happen one year after AOTC so that means "Cat and Mouse" takes place within a year after AOTC.

Last edited:
Yeah, but the episode didn't seem to be set much before the rest of the series. So, there's an entire year missing of the Clone Wars, i hope they do something set in there eventualy, the first half of Star Wars: Clone Wars used to show that time, but now they have the oportunity to expand it a bit.

That Genndy Tartakovsky series of shorts seemed to have showed Anakin getting knighted, but I thought that was getting closer to Episode III though so yeah, I'm just as stumped lol.

I'm having some trouble respecting Leland Chee's authority when it comes to this show. Yes, I understand that his job titles gives him the official 'final word' on Star Wars Chronology debate, but I still hold him in contempt. Whenever he's called out for an inconsistency in his episode ordering his rebuttals (and it's always a rebuttal, he never accepts that he's wrong) are seldom more satisfying than "You're wrong, and you're point doesn't matter, because no."

For instance, he has placed the Clovis Trilogy chronologically after season five even though in the episode 'Rise of Clovis' Obi Wan makes a reference to Anakin that Satine is alive. He states "You've met Satine. You know I once harboured feelings for her"

YOU'VE met Satine. 'You've' is compound for 'You have', which implies present tense. That, combined with the fact that the Clovis trilogy was in production, and meant to be released, with Season 5 would strongly indicate that these episodes should take place some time before "Eminence".

Personally I don't care where Chee says these episodes take place. He's wrong. If an executive at Marvel insisted that the events of the Iron Man 3 took place before the Avengers and then proceeded to ignore all of our completely valid arguments to the contrary, we would all ignore what he said (rightfully) and watch the films in the correct order.

All due respect to Mr. Chee, but unless he wants to provide valid explanations for his ordering based on the content of the show (and not vague references to events that 'might' have happened in between episodes) I'll be ignoring a lot of what he has to say in favour of a Chronological ordering that makes sense.

More like Leland Cheese lol. I agree though, others seem to have mapped out the timeline better than he did. I'm going to restart the timeline again soon. :)

More like Leland Cheese lol. I agree though, others seem to have mapped out the timeline better than he did. I'm going to restart the timeline again soon. :)

Yeah. I've made my own, and while it might not be perfect/I might have missed something, my timeline is at least has some thought behind it.

Apparently 7 weeks after the Battle of Geonosis.

One good thing I've just noticed upon looking at the Season 5 Bluray set is the first episode of the Season 'Revival' got pushed back between 14 and 15 chronologically thus Disc 1 beginning with the Onderon arc.

Yeah, but the episode didn't seem to be set much before the rest of the series. So, there's an entire year missing of the Clone Wars, i hope they do something set in there eventualy, the first half of Star Wars: Clone Wars used to show that time, but now they have the oportunity to expand it a bit.

Yeah, it might not be canon anymore, when I did a big rewatch, I included the Genndy series. I watch Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, then season 1 of the Genndy series, then episode 1 of season 2 of the Genndy series, then the Clone Wars series (following the order that has been posted online), then the remainder of the Genndy series, and then Revenge of the Sith.

I don't think Disney will look to expand on that time period anytime soon, since it has been done extensively by the Clone Wars series. If anything, they might do a series set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"