The Crow

Abishai100

Civilian
Reaction score
A special private homage to the jarring and haunting comics-series The Crow (James O'Barr). Enjoy (and thanks for reading),

:ali:

====

Amlan Satan is a princely heir living with his wealthy single-mother in New England when he decides to make a change in his artwork, despite keeping his same sensibilities about abstract expressionism.

crow25.jpg

You see, Amlan's a big fan of O'Barr's The Crow comics and decides to transform his art from high-brow intellectualism to low-brow youth-oriented bank-robbery and street-vigilantism doodling. He's become a nerdist of street cartoons.

helena14.jpg

What moved him so about O'Barr's series featuring a resurrected antihero who enacts justice through the magic of vigilance as seen through the darkness of modern dystopia? Perhaps The Crow reached his sanity regarding the perceptibility of tangible beautiful fantasy.

crow23.jpg

Regardless, Amlan Satan hits the streets as the bank-robbing 'Scarecrow' and steals terrorism-financing 'blood-diamonds' from a corrupt Boston-baron named Dollar and does so using a water-rifle filled with acid, claiming he's an Interpol-relation working against chemical warfare being funded by Dollar and requests immediate discreet access to the baron's blood-diamonds in exchange for silence regarding the bank's dealings with the evildoer.

gold1.jpg

Satan (Amlan) then returns to his New England art-studio and begins translating O'Barr's work into street-language fairy-tales about finding/enacting justice through the mist and darkness of modern hell, hell created by relentless druglords preying on both the wealthy and poor alike!

crow20.jpg

Will this 'Crow' become a man of romance? For that matter, will this 'Scarecrow' (Amlan Satan), our artistic protagonist, discover the magic of love despite this newfound sensibility regarding the pursuit of vigilance in a time of great dark urban depression?

crow19.jpg

Satan continued to cast O'Barr's work as a modern rendition of an artistically mounted Thomas Nast, a commentary on the perceptible yearning to disregard normal ethics in preference for the attainability of perfect crime and evil. Who can reverse such modern trends, really? Can the Scarecrow (Amlan Satan) do it?

crow22.jpg

INTERPOL: Blood-diamond corruption threatens capitalism-integrity and requires vigilance-writers.

crow24.jpg

The "Scarecrow" (Amlan Satan) discovers that a new hellraiser in the streets of Boston has emerged, vowing to escape his past employer's domain, a blood-diamond baron of course, and become his own 'private' manslayer, a horror-film 'copycat' named Leatherface who wields a homemade electric chainsaw. Scarecrow (Amlan Satan) wonders if he must somehow engage this super-villain with forms of costumed journalism!

crow17.jpg

Satan/Scarecrow posts children's doodles of this 'Leatherface' being challenged by a mysterious bat-man creature vigilante of Boston who dresses up and dons special weapons like tranquilizer-darts and poisoned throwing-knives. Scarecrow (Amlan Satan) claims to reseize urban imagination, we'd have to find creative ways to contrast modern deformity and insanity with images of child-like heroism.

alas24.jpg

SCARECROW: With these children's doodles to challenge Leatherface, I've become the real Crow!

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Journal of the Crow*

So, what would an American vigilante such as our beloved 'Crow' character enjoy doing as a pastime, hobby; or for that matter, would he be a fan/collector of American things? Here's a contemplation (enjoy)!

====

"Someone asked me what I like about America, and I told them it was the basic nature of capitalism storytelling that made it an inventive culture of fantasy. That's why my hobby or pastime is collecting American baseball cards, particularly of the Kansas City Royals. In fact, I have more Royals baseball cards than anyone might imagine! Why the Royals? Maybe it's that 'royal blue' that reminds me of American excellence linked to real dreams and idealism towards general sportsmanship and life itself. Maybe it's the great history of great players/teams such as the winning 1985 and 2015 teams who captured the ultimate championships. Maybe it's because the Royals are to baseball what JFK was to DC yellow-journalism!"

r20.jpeg

"Being a vigilante ain't easy. Most of the time, you feel like a thief, outlaw, ninja, or looney yourself, regardless of the darkness of the evildoers you pursue. So, you might imagine that the pastime/hobby of a vigilante like myself, the 'Crow' of America, might find some true catharsis in a pastime/hobby, and you might ask what's the special 'deal' with Kansas City Royals fanfare that might draw a vigilante/superhero towards the spotlight of American cheering. Well, I have to admit that the insanity of modern crime-fighting makes one drawn to images of natural magic and life, and that's what Royals fanfare offers --- an escape glimpse from the raw evil of mismanaged American dollars."

r21.jpg

"Royals (MLB) fans are gorgeous. That's right. They're just plain gorgeous. That's because the team they cheer for is just plain gorgeous. Just as American baseball is gorgeous, Royals fanfare/spirit reflects a natural and social history investment in the contours of sportsmanship and field imagination. The Royals have offered us incredible talents such as Bo Jackson, Ben Zobrist, and Brett Saberhagen. So why wouldn't Americans, gorgeous, come out to cheer what makes baseball such an imaginary withdrawal from the 'stark reality' of social unrest, terrorism, bloody murder, and even general darkness?"

r22.jpg

"This journal entry by me, the Crow of America, was meant to convey to myself (and to whomever might discover this strange diary-entry) the general spirit of American optimism. True, a vigilante on the 'dark-side' of American crime-fighting/life such as myself, someone eccentric enough to even 'appear' as an outlaw to help standard cops who just can't get the job done on their own or without 'unusual assistance' that the pastime/hobby of 'superheroes' might surprise you --- you might find that real heroes appreciate in the USA...real destiny!"

====

Arisia Rrab: The Green Lantern (Crow-Woman)

A female translation to vigilantism in modern times! Sort of a female version of The Greatest American Hero, if you like! Thanks for reading,

====

Arisia Rrab lived in Boston (USA) and grew up Catholic. She became a university Irish team cheerleader and celebrated the sportsmanship and fanfare in the populism-rich city of Boston and became an advocate of NORAID in the fair American city of incredible traffic and schools, catering to both Catholic and Protestant students.

celt8.jpg

ARISIA: I'm a very attractive young woman, and I was gang-raped by a group of Boston crime-minions.

celt3.jpg

The city of Boston was in hellfire during the post-9/11 years, especially after the hellish Boston Marathon bombing. Now, Arisia Rrab was personally dealing with the trauma of her own gang-assault by the team of crime-minions of Boston over-taking the once fair city of great schools, catering to both Catholic and Protestant students. There were great urban riots highlighting a terrible view on anarchy in democracy.

celt7.jpg

ARISIA: I shall happily pray in my Catholic church and look to the great saints of the past for true guidance.

celt5.jpg

Arisia Rrab transformed herself into a magical female Boston vigilante known as Crow-Woman and adorned herself with glowing green lights and rings of charms and superstitions, claiming she'd become a lucky-charm messenger to crime-fighting and social sanity in the fair city of great schools, home to both Catholic and Protestant students.

celt2.jpg

ARISIA: I shall army myself with miniature spray-guns filled with a potent sedative-liquid to hit villains.

celt4.jpg

BOSTON HERALD: The 'Crow-Woman' (Arisia Rrab) curbs criminality in Boston and is honored with gems.

celt9.jpg

ARISIA: I shall take an Aer Lingus (Ireland) flight to Dublin and negotiate with Catholics and Protestants.

citadel1.jpg

In Dublin, Arisia Rrab ('Crow-Woman') met a dashing young Irish-Catholic vigilante-girl named Hornet who's working on ceasing rogue terrorism-and-violence financing 'blood-diamonds' from Sierra Leone (Africa), using special 'acid-gun theatrics' to substitute these evil gems with toy diamonds and becoming an underworld crime-fighting hospitality heroine. Crow-Woman and Hornet are now terrific allies working alongside Sinn Fein and Parliament to negotiate improved life conditions for the troubled Irish Catholics and British Protestants in the United Kingdom!

celt6.jpg

ARISIA/HORNET: We find our inspiration from the iconic American mystery-vigilante known as the Crow.

====

I love the original "Crow" graphic novel, and the 1994 film starring Brandon Lee. Elements of the first two sequels were okay, but they didn't live up to the first one. I avoided "Wicked Prayer" completely, for personal reasons. The upcoming remake, in my opinion, looks like 100% desperate, greedy, studio-controlled trash.

On a related note, I've actually met and spoken with James O'Barr, several times. He's also done two custom sketches for me. People expect him to be dark and depressed, due to what happened to him and inspired the book...but I found him to be generally laid-back and relatable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"