• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The dark knight themed Halloween party

Music! You've gotta set the tone.

Of course the Dark Knight soundtrack is perfect, along with Batman Begins, and anything from the animated series, or the Danny Efman stuff.

However, it is a party so I assume folks are gonna want to dance. A good starting point is Gogol Bordello, specifically Start Wearing Purple (for obvious reasons), but anything by them is good. They're a gypsy punk band and all of their music is upbeat and chaotic, but really fun to dance to, perfect for the Joker.

other quick suggestions off the top of my head:

Beatles- Come Together ("got to be a Joker, he just do what he please")
also, any of their trippy, rediculous songs (Ex. I am the Walrus, Strawberry Fields Forever, Yellow Submarine, etc.)
Steve Miller Band-The Joker
Billie Holiday - When You're Smiling (or any other "old timey" overly happy songs)
NIN -Closer
Circus music

Also, scan through the soundtracks to the Schumacher movies. some of the songs are pretty good when not associated with the horrible movies.

Then there's always halloween/scary themed songs in general Ex. Thriller, Witchy Woman, more recently Disturbia, and so on.

Last edited:
Oh don't worry I have the music covered. I have a friend thats a dj at a local club, said he'd take care of that for me.

But yes, to set the mood I'll have the TDK soundtrack on for when everyone arrives. Thanks for the input tho. I'll tell my friend about the songs and artist you mentioned.

Music! You've gotta set the tone.

Of course the Dark Knight soundtrack is perfect, along with Batman Begins, and anything from the animated series, or the Danny Efman stuff.

However, it is a party so I assume folks are gonna want to dance. A good starting point is Gogol Bordello, specifically Start Wearing Purple (for obvious reasons), but anything by them is good. They're a gypsy punk band and all of their music is upbeat and chaotic, but really fun to dance to, perfect for the Joker.

other quick suggestions off the top of my head:

Beatles- Come Together ("got to be a Joker, he just do what he please")
also, any of their trippy, rediculous songs (Ex. I am the Walrus, Strawberry Fields Forever, Yellow Submarine, etc.)
Steve Miller Band-The Joker
Billie Holiday - When You're Smiling (or any other "old timey" overly happy songs)
NIN -Closer
Circus music

Also, scan through the soundtracks to the Schumacher movies. some of the songs are pretty good when not associated with the horrible movies.

Then there's always halloween/scary themed songs in general Ex. Thriller, Witchy Woman, more recently Disturbia, and so on.

Saw Gogol Bordello at edgefest in Arizona A month back. They completely stole the show AMAZING!!!!!

Yea I'd really like you to come Mr. Nigma. I had a friend that was going to go as the riddler but couldn't find the question mark jacket. So now he's just coming as Commissioner Gordon. So yea I needs a Riddler. lol

You could drive a bus through the front of your house!!! Can't wait to see some pics from the party, sound like a lot of fun.

The only song I can thing of that would fit a joker theme would be "Le Dans Macabre - Jeckyll & Hyde" from the album titled "The Album"

ooooooooor

Look up mixes by DJ Joker Inc

You could drive a bus through the front of your house!!! Can't wait to see some pics from the party, sound like a lot of fun.

Yea I actually thought about renting a school bus and picking up the guest for the party in it. Figure that'd be pretty cool. Of course you can't do that around here, especially since school is in session. :(

Yea, this is just scratching the surface. There will be a whole lot more pics up as soon as I get all them back from the guests. But heres the first few shots of the party!:

Check my next post for pics

Last edited:
Great pics!!! Can't wait to see more. I would of have loved to go to a Batman themed Halloween party.

All I can say is WOW, you did a terrific job with all the decorations, bet that was a blast of a party, looking forward to seeing more pics, but again great job with all the little details. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"