The E3 thread

Phaser said:
The delivery might be good, but the lines are bleh.

"With the control of the battlefield, war became eternal"? If that isn't the very ideal example of cheesy dialogue, then I don't know what is.

"The control of the battlefield also meant the control of history."
Sounds like another one of those attempts at conjuring conceited philosophical babble that has no real meaning and is just written to sound smart and self-important. You know, the kind of garbage spewed out in the Matrix sequels and the finale of MGS2.

Looks like Kojima is at it yet again. :down::rolleyes:

Here's hoping there's someone to yank his chain before he goes overboard once more.
No hard feelings, but I guess it's just a difference of taste. In the end, we're all MGS fans :up:.

I agree with your assessment of Snake though, to some extent. I have no problem with him looking as old as he does. If this game takes place a decade after MGS2, his appearance makes sense. But the 'stache has got to go. Give him something more in lines with what he had in MGS2 (a scruffy beard without a moustache). If Kojima wants to show off the PS3's power, a beard can look more detailed than a tiny moustache.

THE LIZARD#1 said:
This E3 in my opinion should be renamed to PS3 because from sources like my official Playstation Magazine this event is where Sony really plans on hitting the public hard with the PS3's information. Supposedly they will have a ton of playable demos like Resistance and possibly the Darkness hopefully. They plan on telling everything from the price range and showing some new things that no ones ever seen making everything prior to what they have showed us "Childs Play" Starbreeze said the PS3 has very mature software and we'll be sure to see that at E3.

I'm more excited for Nintendo at E3 than Sony. Nintendo has had some rather lackluster E3s for the past couple of years and hopefully this will make it up for them. I want to see what games are comming out for the system, more Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess info, the specs of the system, the remaining mysteries of the system, the price, the launch date, to find out if Resident Evil 5 will end up on the Revolution, etc.

All I want from Sony is the price, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and see if it will be worth it to get it at launch.

Do anyone think we'll see more of Darkwatch 2 at E3? Now that looks miles ahead of that Resistance game!

TheCardPlayer said:
Do anyone think we'll see more of Darkwatch 2 at E3? Now that looks miles ahead of that Resistance game!

Don't you dare insult Insomniac :mad:

I'm waiting for Zenien to make ten million "Resistance: The Halo Beater?" threads.

hippie_hunter said:
It won't let me watch and Resistance will rock your socks off :mad:
It looks amazing...and much better then that Resistance schlock.

TheCardPlayer said:

No, this is Zenien we are talking about, she will promote this game like hell claiming it to be the Halo-killer the Playstation brand is waiting for (Killzone was a good game, but it definetly was no Halo-killer, by a long shot another game which Zenien ****ed out), and how awesome it will be. She would never promote it as a Halo rip-off.

However, this is Insomniac, these are the people behind the good Spyro the Dragon games and Ratchet and Clank games. So this one is bound to be awesome as well.

Dude I have a Fox Mulder feeling that Resistence actually might come close to killing Halo 1 and Halo 2 and then Halo 3 going to come out and no ones going to be able to touch it. GOD DAMN BUNGIE for making no room for improvment.

lol I'm sorry if I'm annoying you guys with the whole PS3 thing I'm just excited for it don't get me wrong the Revelolution will kick ass I love the controller for FPS. However I think Sony is releasing everything right now at E3 because if you think about it Sony will be launching it in like six months prior to E3 so the hype will be all new and the demand will be greater if anyone sees it that way like me.

Sorry for screwing up the Darkness, 2k games are going to be releasing it I just meant there was going to be a playable demo for it at E3 possibly. I'm still planning on scanning the pictures in so check for that possibly tommorrow.

so anyways sorry if I sort of went Lizard#1 in this thread and totally was crazy and like posting irrelevant stupid things these are just my views and how I see it working for Sony is all. E3 is going to be tight as hell and I can't wait.

Anyway, this E3 is all about Sony for me. All I want on Microsoft's front is Too Human...the rest don't really interest me.

TheCardPlayer said:
Come on!

http://psp-touch.blogstation.fr/archive/2006/04/10/gdc-2006-video-dark-watch-2-ps3.html

Tell me this doesn't look miles ahead of that cliche mess that was once called I8.

Well really I think Resistence still looks tighter but I mean they both have the same generic feel to the game. Dark and depressing which I love that atmosphere for FPS.

Hey Cardplayer was Darkwatch any good? I need a game to rent do you reccomend? Also can you try and get the Resistence demo off of Multiplayer.com or whatever that place is that had the Darkwatch 2 because it seems the guy who sent me on had a bug and I can't read the language of that website.

TheCardPlayer said:
Anyway, this E3 is all about Sony for me. All I want on Microsoft's front is Too Human...the rest don't really interest me.

This made me smile because for a second I felt like the loser geek rooting for Sony. It feels like what the Green Goblin said in the first Spider-Man movie was sort of coming true but not anymore. He said that people like to see things go up and soar in success and then fall and will die with hate.

THE LIZARD#1 said:
This made me smile because for a second I felt like the loser geek rooting for Sony. It feels like what the Green Goblin said in the first Spider-Man movie was sort of coming true but not anymore. He said that people like to see things go up and soar in success and then fall and will die with hate.
First of all. Yes, Darkwatch was good.

Second of all, just because I am looking forward to Sony stuff at E3 doesn't mean I love them above everything.

I don't even want a PS3 right now. Maybe when more titles are announced.

TheCardPlayer said:
First of all. Yes, Darkwatch was good.

Second of all, just because I am looking forward to Sony stuff at E3 doesn't mean I love them above everything.

I don't even want a PS3 right now. Maybe when more titles are announced.

Well yeah I was just meaning like someone else was looking forward to their e3 stuff thats all.

*Crawling back under my rock*

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"