The Flinger - a graphic novel/movie

Splicer

A bad good guy.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

So no one really knows me, as I don't post much. I only really joined up to talk about the Spidey flick that came out in 2001. So anyway, I've been working on this idea/comic/story I've had for around 15 years now.

The story has slowly progressed and evolved as I've grown up, and only really kicked into high-gear during the mid 2000s, but now I've finally decided to put a visual together to "show" rather than "tell".

So after a few months of trying to pin my sister and brother down to help, I have finished a "teaser" trailer showing the basic concept. (Note I'm not a film-maker nor have done media studies, and the budget was under $10 so please don't expect a hollywood-style production!)

The link is here (Turn up the volume, listen to the awesome song, and watch it a few times at least please!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV6lBwli0mc
Song Credit (with permission, thank you): DustDevil - Land of the Forgotten http://dustdevil.newgrounds.com/ - Download the full version and his other works!

Again, this is the first filming I have ever done, didn't storyboard anything, no special effects or budget... just a man with a dream. (Yes, there is also an out-takes trailer on my account!)

So if you like a good superhero story, or want to see the progress of a guy trying to get an idea of his published as a graphic novel. You're more than welcome to follow it along for the ride. No this isn't a temporary thing, it's an ongoing project.

What I would love is for as many of you to please like the Facebook page, add me on Myspace, subscribe to my Youtube channel, comment on any photos, ask a question, post a reply... anything! I will slowly be adding new images, content, ideas, thoughts, character biographies, story outline, and anything else that I am currently working on (or think of).

It won't be a hugely updated page, so don't think there will be status updates annoying you ever few hours.

So if you are on:
Facebook: please search and Like "The Flinger" (or visit www.theflingermovie.com to be taken there)
Myspace: please visit www.myspace.com/theflingermovie and add me as a friend, and even post a message or comment on a photo (not so readily updated).
Youtube: please view (a few times!) my trailer and Feel free to Comment / Subscribe / Like ... (please) and turn your volume up, as the song kicks ass!

If you know someone that may get a kick out of this, please forward any links onto them.

Yes, it is based on superheroes, and this is the tagline/logline/pitch:
"High school student Hannah Dutton refuses to accept the fact she gained powers from an experiment malfunction, until she unwillingly becomes responsible for the death of the city's main crime-fighter.
She decides to step up and fill the void to bring down the city's crime syndicate, after family and friends are affected by the latest drug to sweep the streets.
"

Many graphic novels have become movies such as; 300, Watchmen, Sin City, V for Vendetta, Kick-Ass, I'm sure they all started somewhere right?

I have actually found an artist who will be working with me to produce several pages for submissions to various publishers, so they will eventually be posted on the Facebook page. But if you are a budding artist (professional or not!) and have a bit of spare time, scribble down a concept, action shot or even your own versions, and I would absolutely LOVE it to bits and post it on the page.

Thanks for your time!

Heck, the least you could do is post a reply wishing me good luck!

David

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"