• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Please Show Support for a New Creator-Owned Graphic Novel!

Robin91939

Master Tim
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Myself and DorkyFresh have begun work on a Creator-Own, Non-solicitaded Graphic Novel.

We are looking for your support and encouragement. If you could just do use a favor and check out our Website and Like us on Facebook, it would really go a long way in helping us get the proper attention of any publishers.

OUR FACEBOOK, LIKE US!

"HERO INSIDE ME" WEBSITE

Thank you.

-R

From the character info/synopsis and the art on the main page, I'm getting a definite Kick-Ass vibe. Take that however you want. I liked Kick-Ass, for what it's worth, but since all I've seen so far is pretty superficial stuff, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that the similarities will largely be superficial ones.

Last edited:
From the character info/synopsis and the art on the main page, I'm getting a definite Kick-Ass vibe. Take that however you want. I liked Kick-Ass, for what it's worth, but since all I've seen so far is pretty superficial stuff, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that the similarities will largely be superficial ones.

It's Kick-Ass "esque"....so I'm not put off by the comparison.

In terms of tone, that is. As in, it's aimed at adults, 17-30 (it's definitely "R" rated material) and has that type of humor/language in it...not so much on the gratuitous violence, but it is violent at times. You do get references to pop-culture and other comics and that self referential sense of humor...but that's not exclusive to Kick-Ass...It's just after writing some scripts as Fan fics in the DC verse and working at Marvel as an editorial intern, reading scripts for 6 months, I just wanted to write something that was mine and also aware of the world around it...unlike, say, a Batman book...that exists in Gotham City in the DC Universe....Troy Castor exists in Philadelphia in 2012 and it is OUR world and not afraid to reference it or make fun of it or comment on it....So it's kind of like The Dark Knight Returns in that respect...the pop-culture commentary...

In terms of story, however---it's nothing like it....more Law & Order: SVU than Kick-Ass. Although, I did write a scene that is a callback of sorts to a scene in Kick-Ass that I found to be hysterical....but I added a cool twist.

We're being purposefully vague with the plot synopsis and details, because we are going to sell this idea...we are just looking to garner interest to be able to show potential publishers that there is an interest out there to see our work.

Liking the FACEBOOK PAGE is appreciated :)

What I've done, is something akin to Kick-Ass. Millar took a concept that had been there forever and never fully utilized...he thought "I grew up wanting to be a super hero, what would happen if that happened for real?". I took a similar question...(by similar--I mean "simple in nature") and expanded it into a book. It's a question that has been out there, and has maybe even been attempted to a degree, but never like this--and it's a story that I'm very excited to share with the world, and DorkyFresh's art is truly magnificent....we have a vision for this book that I feel can be something special...

The script for the initial 8 issue origin arc has just been completed and Dorky's finished the blocking and layouts for issue one and will begin to pencil it next week....After outlining the story in July and scripting it from late November until last week...it's been a journey...and now it's starting to become a reality.

Please continue to follow us by liking us on Facebook and we'll be posting updates and little promo art as a token of our appreciation.

THANKS!

-R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"