'The GIF Thread' - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
original.gif

I didn't like that at all. Up until this time I had been giving Gordon credit as an intelligent man, and believed he knew Batman's identity and just didn't want to reveal it to anyone....and then he up and gives us a Homer Simpson moment to remember him by.

You could probably say it for the other adaptations they've done like the BTAS but for me there was never any indication or hint that he knew all along.

Sure there was. The moment when Wayne drives his car through the red light in TDK and causes the car accident was pretty glaring.

Sure there was. The moment when Wayne drives his car through the red light in TDK and causes the car accident was pretty glaring.

Nah, I didn't see it. That would work if they focused on Gordon being a little suspicious but they never played it out. Instead they made sure Reese knew he was Batman though.

He knew Bruce was doing a good deed and saving Reese hence his "You weren't trying to stop the truck?" But he didnt know he was Batman. He just knew that Bruce isn't entirely the playboy he makes out to be. You'd need to really reach to get to the conclusion he knew then and there that Bruce was Batman. It just doesn't play that way. And the fact Nolan created the scene in TDKR should tell you that Nolan didn't intend for that moment in TDK to be when Gordon discovers he is Batman.

Last edited:
Nah, I didn't see it. That would work if they focused on Gordon being a little suspicious but they never played it out. Instead they made sure Reese knew he was Batman though.

I thought Gordon was totally suspicious. Anyway, I don't want to mess up you fine folks' awesome thread with my disdain for TDKR. I'll return to lurking and enjoying the bad ass GIFS you guys make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"