THE GOON...why aren't they making it?!?!

Orko Is King

Avenger
Reaction score
The_Goon.jpg

The-Goon-Cave.jpg

It could be AWESOME!

Cuz hollywoods to busy screwing up other comic to film movies right now. But hey, theres always 2009 :)

The Goon is to great for Hollywood to screw up, I hope this and Powers never get made. The Goon's pretty visually crazy and the world is pretty twisted, it would cost a ton just on sets and character make up. Plus I think Hollywood does not know how to mix horror and comedy properly yet.

The Goon is to great for Hollywood to screw up, I hope this and Powers never get made. The Goon's pretty visually crazy and the world is pretty twisted, it would cost a ton just on sets and character make up. Plus I think Hollywood does not know how to mix horror and comedy properly yet.

They knew how in the 80s.:csad: And does anyone else think this movie would work really well as stop-motion animation?

A whole movie in stop motion? I certainly would not enjoy it. No matter how good the story is and how great the animation is done it always looks like toys to me. Not that there are not great examples of stop motion, but a whole movie of it kinda come off as X-mas TV movie to me.

Works for Robot Chicken, but you can definitely see the limitations.
If this where to be the most fantastic piece of stop-motion film in history, it would probably require too much money and manpower and time to pull it off.

I mean, who knows about the Goon in the mainstream?

Studios won't sink enough money into a stop motion Goon to make it look as good as it should, they would just go all CG with it. What works for a cheap TV show won't hold up on the big screen.

Don't know what the Goon is but te skinny guy in the first picture looks like Steve Buscemi.

Thats what I said! :woot:

I will have to agree.

You know it must be intentional on the artists part.

Oftentimes I will see characters draw way to close to recognize stars for it to be merely coincidence.
Figure comic artist can be just as big a fanboys as us, and have their own hopes for who will play the part of their creations, what better way to hint at it then this?

I asked Eric Powell about it, and he said that's supposed to be Steve Buscemi as Franky.

14754.jpg

Who is it supposed to be as the Goon?
Looks very familiar to me somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"