The Gruesome Origins of 5 Popular Fairy Tales

Actually came across this last night. Awesome article. :up:

Most fairy tales are pretty dark and morbid when you actually sit down and read that ****.

I had heard of some of those...never read the original to anything besides Cinderella though. I love original fairytales :heart:

Great read. Very interesting.

They should have put The Little Mermaid in there too, the original is pretty gross.

The mermaid's transformation into a human is pretty gross, and when she walks it's as if she's stepping on sharp knives. Not just the pain, but it literally makes her feet bleed constantly. When the prince marries another woman, the mermaid has the choice of her own death or murdering the couple in their bed. She ends up turning into sea foam because she can't do it.

There were some other details, but those are the main ones I can remember.

The mermaid's transformation into a human is pretty gross, and when she walks it's as if she's stepping on sharp knives. Not just the pain, but it literally makes her feet bleed constantly. When the prince marries another woman, the mermaid has the choice of her own death or murdering the couple in their bed. She ends up turning into sea foam because she can't do it.

I remember reading about that.

I always thought snow white was some kinda ****e, and the 7 dwarfs were all up on that.

Most of that I already knew, and yes they are quite gruesome. So is that "Rock A Bye Baby" song when you think about it.

Not really that gruesome... its about a baby, in a rocker, stuck in a tree that falls to its death from a gust of wind.

just thinking about it how the **** did the baby get up in the tree?

:wow:One thing Perrault left out that the Grimm's delighted in putting back in was the violence. The sisters, desperate to fit into the slipper, mutilate their own feet, cutting off the toes and heels all described in exquisite Germanic detail. When the Prince eventually realizes Cinderella is the one for him, birds peck out the sisters' and mother's eyes for their wickedness.

:wow:One thing Perrault left out that the Grimm's delighted in putting back in was the violence. The sisters, desperate to fit into the slipper, mutilate their own feet, cutting off the toes and heels all described in exquisite Germanic detail. When the Prince eventually realizes Cinderella is the one for him, birds peck out the sisters' and mother's eyes for their wickedness.

Yeah. One of the sisters cuts off half of her big toe, and the other cuts off a chunk of her ankle. The prince realizes they're impostors because of the blood leaking out of the shoe.

They may start having to make R-rated accurate versions of these things. That American McGee Alice doesn't seem so far off the mark now.

That was a sick game, and will be an even sicker movie... when it comes out.

i also want to see Marilyn Mansons version of Alice in wonderland, i think his movies called Phantasmagoria: visions of Lewis Carrol.

Damn. That's how Disney should have done it.

That was a sick game, and will be an even sicker movie... when it comes out.

i also want to see Marilyn Mansons version of Alice in wonderland, i think his movies called Phantasmagoria: visions of Lewis Carrol.

I don't think the film from the game is coming out anymore. It's been rumored since 2001. I hope the Manson film is awesome though. 'Alice' is one of my favorite stories ever.

Tchyeah, I started reading the original versions of fairy tales a couple years back. I even bought a huge book filled with hundreds of them.

They're pretty sweet.

I don't think the film from the game is coming out anymore. It's been rumored since 2001. I hope the Manson film is awesome though. 'Alice' is one of my favorite stories ever.

it's still in play, SMG is still attached and said it on a radio station a month or 2 ago. Called it a project she has her heart in and plan on getting made one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"