The Gruesome Origins of 5 Popular Fairy Tales

as for movies already made of creepy fairy tales...

-Snow White: A tail of terror (1997) (sam neil, sigourny weaver)

-Snow White (2001) tv movie starring Kirsten Kruek (thought it was kinda creepy)

those are the only 2 off the top of my head i can think of...

Wee-elll, not true, a lot of 16 year olds are t hat developed if not more.

You seen this painting before?

dreaming.jpg

Those wacky Germans.
The name Grimm was appropo. :dry:

The mermaid's transformation into a human is pretty gross, and when she walks it's as if she's stepping on sharp knives. Not just the pain, but it literally makes her feet bleed constantly. When the prince marries another woman, the mermaid has the choice of her own death or murdering the couple in their bed. She ends up turning into sea foam because she can't do it.

There were some other details, but those are the main ones I can remember.

Disney NEEDS to do this. :up:

I had never thought about it like this, thanks for posting it. Very cool food for thought! :woot:

Now I want to watch the Little Mermaid :O

it must have just been the way he was drawn, seemed more mid 20's

when i rewatched i noticed he was about 18-19 (no older) when ur a kid watching it they all are older then you so you feel there alot older then what they are. 18 year olds use to look like adults to me as a kid

Hell, Hercules from the movie is only 18. Lord knows how old Meg is, robbing the cradle.

517VKJ2HMKL._AA240_.jpg

Hell, Hercules from the movie is only 18. Lord knows how old Meg is, robbing the cradle.

517VKJ2HMKL._AA240_.jpg

o please... if anything meg was younger... plus we all know how that story really plays out... he kills her and there children in a fit of rage and has a sex slave eyolis. then you got the story of pochantus where we know her village dies

This is actually common knowlage in some parts of Europe. These stories were ment to scare children and people,so they would not do things. Disney modified the stories..which in a way is nice.

I thought this stuff was common knowledge in general, but the Disney versions are still awesome just not so cool as the originals. :o

I'm surprised that fairy tales still have this reputation of being kids stuff. I thought it was pretty common knowledge by now that fairy tales are very dark and gruesome.

-The little mermaid = don't wish what you arn't, ull die trying
-Cinderella = get lucky in life and seek revenge on those who did you wrong
-Snow White = Don't be so naive ur adopted moms gonna cut ya!
-Little Red Riding hood = dont talk to strangers and be smarter then a 5th grader
-Sleeping Beauty = close your legs while you sleep

Interesting read. I always like reading about the much darker versions of fairy tales. They're so much more interesting.

I just read some fairy tales on Wikipedia. Beauty and the Beast has a risque version. Beast is the son of king and queen. King died while he was young. Queen left him in care of a fairy. Fairy tried to seduce him but he refused and she turned him into a beast. Belle is the child of that fairy and a king. Fairy tried to kill her to marry her father and she was left with a merchant to protect her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"