The Harvey Dent and/or Two-Face THREAD

I

I am 6' 3½"

Two-Face was not only my favorite Batman Villain.. but my all time favorite villain. The whole gritiness, intelligence, toughness and brains... and the look... was really cool to me. Although Tommy Lee Jones got so many things wrong in Batman Forever. Just a couple of Little things!!!::marv:

1. LAUGHING TOO MUCH... since when does Two-Face act like a clown?
  2. The Coin Tossing... HE NEVER DISPUTES THE COIN TOSS EVER! He tosses it once... and the decision if final... they screwed that up in the movie!
  3. They rushed it... what about how he became Two-Face? A little bit more about Two-Face's background would have been so much better!
  4. HE DIED!!!
  5. A COUPLE OF OTHER THINGS... THIS AND THAT... HERE AND THERE!
Anyways... Tommy Lee Jones did have the look right... and the odd really good ONE-LINER... the movie serves as a GUILTY PLEASURE for me! Anyways... who would you have preferred to play Two-Face and how would you use him if you were making a Batman movie with Harvey Dent/Two-Face as THE MAIN VILLAIN (and not second fiddle to some other villain... for example... Jim Carrey's EDWARD NYGMA/THE RIDDLER)!!!

THIS THREAD PROBABLY NEEDS TO BE MOVED SOMEWHERE ELSE SORRY... IT'S A MISTAKE I REALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE MADE DAMN IT!!!

i didn't mind Tommy Lee Jones' version of Two-Face that much, but i was just miffed because i thought they should have cast Billy Dee Williams in the role... sure, he'd also be different from any other Two-Face, but he played Harvey Dent in Batman '89, and i would have been very interested to see his Two-Face... and yes, i wish they'd shown how he became Two-Face, too, but maybe it would have felt too much like when they showed how Jack became the Joker, so i can kinda see why they didn't do that...

A friendship between Dent/Two-Face and Bruce Wayne is not present in Batman Forever, The closest thing in the movie hinting that dent and bruce were friends is when the TV anouncer says "Batman tryed to save him."

Oh yeah, I am also a die-hard Two-Face fan, so the coin tossing to get the wanted result, made Tommy Lee Jones' character too unbelievable.

Here is Harvey/Two-Face in the comics

And way over here is Tommy Lee Jones' Character

Tommy Lee Jones' Two-Face was an insult to the charcter.

The funny thing is that, before the shooting of the movie, tommy lee wanted to do a serious two face. His son loved the character from the comics, and jones thought that he would be a tragic and dark character in the movie too. Also, he thought that he was the main villain in the movie. But when he was shooting, he realized that Schumacher wanted to do a campy two face. Both argued many times in the movie because tommy lee wanted to do a darker character. Also, for his surprise, the main villain in the movie was the riddler. And did an exercise of histrionism and over the top performance to overshadow carrey, but it failed. Also, his relationship with carrey was terrible.

If you ask to tommy lee jones wich was his worst movie, he would say batman forever for sure. He hates the movie and his performance in it.

Yeah I never seen Jones talk about BF, he fall out with Carrey and Schumacher. I love Tommy Lee Jones movies if Schumacher was doing dark Batman movie like Burton's or Nolan's then I think Jones would been great.

back in 1995 I loved BF and thought it was best Two-Face character on live-action sadly years went by and I don't like much as I did in 95.

ive seen tommy lee pull off great roles seriously before

ITS ALL NIPPLE MAN'S FAULT FOR THIS!

gotta agree that if anyone's to blame, it's Joe Schumacher... it's too bad everybody wanted to separate his Batman films so much from Tim Burton's... i thought Burton was definitely on the right track with those first 2 films...

stupid executives...

mister Lennon said:
The funny thing is that, before the shooting of the movie, tommy lee wanted to do a serious two face. His son loved the character from the comics, and jones thought that he would be a tragic and dark character in the movie too. Also, he thought that he was the main villain in the movie. But when he was shooting, he realized that Schumacher wanted to do a campy two face. Both argued many times in the movie because tommy lee wanted to do a darker character. Also, for his surprise, the main villain in the movie was the riddler. And did an exercise of histrionism and over the top performance to overshadow carrey, but it failed. Also, his relationship with carrey was terrible.

If you ask to tommy lee jones wich was his worst movie, he would say batman forever for sure. He hates the movie and his performance in it.

Wow! i knew that carrey and Jones didn't exactly getting along, but I didn't know that he wanted to play the more serious Two-face. It would have been interesting to see Jones as the darker serious Two-Face, as Jones is good actor.
I really would have liked to see billy Dee Williams as two-Face. That would have been really interesting.

Green_Goblin said:
A friendship between Dent/Two-Face and Bruce Wayne is not present in Batman Forever, The closest thing in the movie hinting that dent and bruce were friends is when the TV anouncer says "Batman tryed to save him."

......I'd say it's more when Two-Face says, "Thank you Bruce, you always were a good friend." ;)

Ceb-Man said:
Wow! i knew that carrey and Jones didn't exactly getting along, but I didn't know that he wanted to play the more serious Two-face.

He didn't. Watch or read any interview with Jones. He describes Two-Face as a cartoon character constantly.

I find it hilarious in that one video (in the special features of Batman Forever) where Joel is like dry humping Jones on the set.

Kevin Roegele said:
He didn't. Watch or read any interview with Jones. He describes Two-Face as a cartoon character constantly.

He did. Before the movie shooting started, he wanted to do a darker two face. His son, austin, is a big fan of the character and has tons of two face comics. But shumacher wanted to do the campy character that we see in the movie. Promoting the movie, after the shooting of the movie, Jones had to promote the film and talked about two face about a cartoon character because it was in the movie. He couldnt say" i wanted to do a darker character but joel refused and make of him a campy clown".

Go ahead and ask tommy lee jones about two face now, and youll find the awsner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"