The Hype Nutrition Thread

I know I much prefer to inspect my own arteries, duh.

meh....you guys worry to much. I enjoy eating food, the bad place with watching what i eat.(well unless it looks nasty and unhealthy)

That's cool, we'll all be older and in great shape, and you'll be 45, fat, have diabetes, and battling through a string of heart attacks :up:

I've modified my daily diet a bit after a few suggestions. Any one have any additional suggestions or possible alternatives to make it healthier or tastier (yet still healthy).

The times are ballparks.

9AM: 6 hardboiled egg whites
10AM: Packet of oatmeal made w/ water
11AM: banana or apple
12PM: 7 oz. pouch of tuna w/ lemon juice and ground pepper
2PM: a sensible lunch (ex: rotisserie chicken or wings, pastor & pinto beans, sometimes subway)
4PM: banana or apple
530PM: 7 oz. pouch of tuna w/ lemon juice and ground pepper
730PM: a sensible dinner (ex: a good steak, fish, sometimes a lean cuisine or smart ones meal) usually a side of applesauce, fiesta corn or sometimes 8 oz. bowtie pasta w/ pesto

Every couple days or so I've got to throw a candy bar in there. My f'n sweet tooth is a bastard. I'll throw a Starbucks Parfait in their every so often as well. I'll also have a diet coke or two throughout the day but predominantly drink water.

I've lost 30 lbs (give or take) in the last month since implementing my new diet and a 4 mile walk four days a week.

I've modified my daily diet a bit after a few suggestions. Any one have any additional suggestions or possible alternatives to make it healthier or tastier (yet still healthy).

The times are ballparks.

2PM: a sensible lunch (ex: rotisserie chicken or wings, pastor & pinto beans, sometimes subway)
730PM: a sensible dinner (ex: a good steak, fish, sometimes a lean cuisine or smart ones meal) usually a side of applesauce, fiesta corn or sometimes 8 oz. bowtie pasta w/ pesto

Every couple days or so I've got to throw a candy bar in there. My f'n sweet tooth is a bastard. I'll throw a Starbucks Parfait in their every so often as well. I'll also have a diet coke or two throughout the day but predominantly drink water.

I've lost 30 lbs (give or take) in the last month since implementing my new diet and a 4 mile walk four days a week.

Overall looks pretty good. I'd stay away from the frozen TV dinners of ANY kind. Even the "healthy" ones are full of sodium, preservatives, HFCS and assorted other nasty crap. Maybe lean more towards whole wheat pasta when you do eat it or try some brown rice or yams, all of which are excellent complex carb sources. You want to try to incorporate a 40/40/20 split of protein/complex carbs/healthy fats in every meal if at all possible. And, I can understand battling a sweet tooth. Maybe try just a couple small pieces of chocolate over the course of twenty minutes instead of a whole candy bar. I'm a big dark chocolate fiend and a couple of pieces of Dove extra dark individually wrapped candies go a long way for me instead of opening a whole candy bar and then feeling like I should finish the damn thing. And I'd dump the soda pop and go with some green tea instead or just drink more water, but I know some people love their soda and it's fairly negligible all things considered. It's the processed/refined foods, breads and pastas that will really get you. I tend to limit myself to one cheat MEAL (not a cheat DAY or cheat WEEK) once every week or two and that helps (and Subway IS a cheat meal to me, btw). Otherwise, looks good. Keep up the hard work! :up:

jag

I tend to limit myself to one cheat MEAL (not a cheat DAY or cheat WEEK) once every week or two and that helps (and Subway IS a cheat meal to me, btw). Otherwise, looks good. Keep up the hard work! :up:

jag

Thank you sir.

I give myself a free pass once a week. If I have a craving for something during the week, I tell myself to wait until the weekend. If the craving is still there (which the last few weeks it hasn't been :up:) then I indulge but sensibly. :o

I didn't want to eat Subway today, but as I'm fairly busy and couldn't leave work, that's all I could get today (as someone was running there anyway). Oddly enough, I've gotten bad stomach aches from Subway the last three times. I'm not sure if that's because my body is changing but I am getting turned off from it.

Oddly enough, I've gotten bad stomach aches from Subway the last three times. I'm not sure if that's because my body is changing but I am getting turned off from it.

When I first cleaned up my diet several years ago, I experienced the same thing whenever I'd try to eat garbage food; it'd make me sick. I'd feel like crap and it would upset my stomach. I also found that I didn't really enjoy it very much anymore, favoring cleanly cooked fresh foods instead.

But man.. I love f'n tuna. :csad:

Grill a few chicken breasts and then throw them in the fridge. You can make some great chicken sandwiches with some Ezekiel bread, a grilled chicken breast and some endive and brown mustard. :up: My wife and I tend to prepare extra food at dinner time so that we have a meal or two worth of extra chicken, beef, fish, whatever to work with the next day or so. Eating clean and healthy isn't that hard. It just takes a little up front prep work. :up:

jag

When I first cleaned up my diet several years ago, I experienced the same thing whenever I'd try to eat garbage food; it'd make me sick. I'd feel like crap and it would upset my stomach. I also found that I didn't really enjoy it very much anymore, favoring cleanly cooked fresh foods instead.

I'm definitely getting to that point I believe.

Grill a few chicken breasts and then throw them in the fridge. You can make some great chicken sandwiches with some Ezekiel bread, a grilled chicken breast and some endive and brown mustard. :up: My wife and I tend to prepare extra food at dinner time so that we have a meal or two worth of extra chicken, beef, fish, whatever to work with the next day or so. Eating clean and healthy isn't that hard. It just takes a little up front prep work. :up:

jag

My problem is the prep work. I don't have much time to cook and when I do, my roomate and his girlfriend are always hogging up the kitchen. I'm going to try and convince him to cook my food while he's at it. It's his house so I can't really complain.

The times are ballparks.

The whole thing about eggs clogging up your arteries if you eat them every day is B.S., but I don't think six a day is really good for you... They are somewhat high in cholesterol. I've read one to two a day is fine (if I remember correctly).

The whole thing about eggs clogging up your arteries if you eat them every day is B.S., but I don't think six a day is really good for you... They are somewhat high in cholesterol. I've read one to two a day is fine (if I remember correctly).

That's why it says "egg whites". I eliminate the ****.

That's why it says "egg whites". I eliminate the ****.

Actually, a couple of the yolks would be good for you. Their VERY rich in Omegas. Especially if you get the eggs from cage-free, grain-fed hens that had a rooster in the yard so the eggs are germinated (besides, they taste a bad place of a lot better than the other eggs). CS is right that the eggs-aggeration (ooh...a punny!) over the cholesterol in the yolks is very overdone and the Omegas and GOOD cholesterol in the yolks far outweighs that. That said, eating too many eggs (or tuna) could be overdoing it after awhile and could have some potentially negative cumulative effects, so you might break it up bit.

jag

The thing about tuna is it actually is not a first class protein. If you take an amino acid tablet with it you greatly improve it's quality. Unless you are "geared up" - 30grams of protein is the average maximum protein the body will absorb in one sitting. The rest will simply be turned into urea and excreted with Urine. Egg white is also an incomplete protein and also benefits from the addition of an aa tablet.

Actually, a couple of the yolks would be good for you. Their VERY rich in Omegas. Especially if you get the eggs from cage-free, grain-fed hens that had a rooster in the yard so the eggs are germinated (besides, they taste a bad place of a lot better than the other eggs). CS is right that the eggs-aggeration (ooh...a punny!) over the cholesterol in the yolks is very overdone and the Omegas and GOOD cholesterol in the yolks far outweighs that. That said, eating too many eggs (or tuna) could be overdoing it after awhile and could have some potentially negative cumulative effects, so you might break it up bit.

jag

Water is the key to protein overdosing. You must flush those kidneys.

The thing about tuna is it actually is not a first class protein. If you take an amino acid tablet with it you greatly improve it's quality. Unless you are geared up 30grams of protein is the average maximum protein the body will absorb in one sitting. The rest will simply be turned into urea and excreted with Urine. Egg white is also an incomplete protein and also benefits from the addition of an aa tablet.

That absorption rate is pretty well true for the average person. If you've conditioned your body to higher protein intake per sitting, though, it will process much more than that 30g's of protein in one sitting (up to twice as much), no gear required. The body is the world's greatest adaptogen. :up:

jag

jag

I leave a few bits of yolk in there, but not much. Maybe 10-20% overall.

The thing about tuna is it actually is not a first class protein. If you take an amino acid tablet with it you greatly improve it's quality. Unless you are "geared up" - 30grams of protein is the average maximum protein the body will absorb in one sitting. The rest will simply be turned into urea and excreted with Urine. Egg white is also an incomplete protein and also benefits from the addition of an aa tablet.

I've noticed this in my urine actually. It's been quite fishy. :o

That absorption rate is pretty well true for the average person. If you've conditioned your body to higher protein intake per sitting, though, it will process much more than that 30g's of protein in one sitting (up to twice as much), no gear required. The body is the world's greatest adaptogen. :up:

jag

It will only absorb more if your body has a requirement for more. At the end of the day it's merely nitrogen storage. If you have larger muscles that break down in training you will require more. It would be unsafe to try this without a muscle biopsy and blood test, if not on gear. Even on gear taking in 60g in one sitting would require a great deal of water to flush the kidney.

It will only absorb more if your body has a requirement for more. At the end of the day it's merely nitrogen storage. If you have larger muscles that break down in training you will require more. It would be unsafe to try this without a muscle biopsy and blood test, if not on gear. Even on gear taking in 60g in one sitting would require a great deal of water to flush the kidney.

I routinely pull in 50g's in one sitting, followed by lots of water. But, I do heavy weight training on a regular basis and have the need to feed the muscle. No gear. The body will adapt and use what it truly needs (and the rest will get flushed, as you indicate).

jag

It can also happen to your sweat.

Haven't gotten to that point thankfully.

What do you guys suggest as an alternative to tuna pouches? That's about the only think I can prepare at the office for a snack during the day (minus the bananas, apples and oatmeal I bring in). My main problem is that I don't have the time to really precook anything and bring it in w/ me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"