The Iron Mask (Arnie and Jackie)

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
Castle-reaction6a71802a2616e877.gif

This looks like a special kind of terrible

It could be worse. They could be Bruce Willis who's putting out DTV dreck every month.

I feel like I should be impressed.

This could be a hell of a comedy.

It ain't oscar bait but whatever. Looks like an entertaining and fun enough popcorn movie

No chance I watch this as apparently the two guys in the thread title are barely in it.

So Arnie and Chan are restricted only to a couple of scenes? Who's the protagonist?

Wait,so they're basically glorified cameos?

This movie is generating less hype than I hoped it would. Clearly it will BOMB.
So it's that movie? Jesus. I only heard about it because of controversy regarding a lawsuit against Arnold or Jackie Chan, I can't remember exactly...
Any idea what that controversy was about?

Any idea what that controversy was about?
The movie flopped in China and Russia and one of production companies that faced bankruptcy because of that wanted to create hype by suing Arnold and Jackie to attract attention to the film. It was a lame stunt that didn't work. Court even refused to review the case. I just remembered brief mention of that on TV.

So they wanted to sue Schwarzenegger and Chan because the production company was facing bankruptcy? But sue them for WHAT!?

So they wanted to sue Schwarzenegger and Chan because the production company was facing bankruptcy? But sue them for WHAT!?
Beats me. Share financial responsibility... somehow. I don't know. I don't care. As I said, it was something ******ed.

Wow.

If you always wanted to see a mashup of the Jackie Chan version of Around the World in 80 Days, The Great Wall and the version of The Three Musketeers that had flying ships and other BS, then I've got the movie for you, brother.

Wow.

If you always wanted to see a mashup of the Jackie Chan version of Around the World in 80 Days, The Great Wall and the version of The Three Musketeers that had flying ships and other BS, then I've got the movie for you, brother.
I enjoyed the third movie in this bunch, and I've also enjoyed 47 Ronin and a magic dragon.

Gimme this movie I say.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the third movie in this bunch, and I've also enjoyed 42 Ronin and a magic dragon.

Gimme this movie I say.

I did kinda like 47 Ronin. I wouldn’t call it good but I liked Keanu’s and Sanada’s characters, and Rinko was good as a sexy witch.

So I'm watching this movie right now, and it's a habit of bad movies that open up with narrations to have scenes contradicting with opening narrations.

Horrible voice dubbing that obviously doesn't synch with lip movements, a ball plays a portion of 'Take Me Out To The Ball Game", and some other bits that I think are probably outlandish....
This outperforms X-Men Apocalypse in historical accuracy (satellite dishes on every roof in a poor neighborhood in Egypt back in 1983) a great deal, and I'm barely 12 minutes into this thing.
Beats me. Share financial responsibility... somehow. I don't know. I don't care. As I said, it was something ******ed.
Jackie Chan is one of the producers, Arnold Schwarzenegger is an executive producer. This makes that stunt all the more hilarious.

And this movie is about a cartographer who tells us mountains of Transylvania border on Russia. Boy am I in for some treat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"