World The Lizard's Lizard collection...

The Lizard

Didn't eat Billy
Reaction score
Since a few kind souls have asked to see some pics of my collection of Lizard crapola, I have complied.

These are just a few quick still pics taken with a digital camcorder, so they're nothing spectacular, but they should give a basic idea as to the extent of my Lizard-mania.

EDIT- Nov 2005 You can see higher-quality updated pics here:
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5447789&postcount=186

And here: http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7161621&postcount=253

FetchImageJPG.asp

An overall view of the Lizard-closet with doors open. On the left is a playfield from the 1980 Gottlieb Spider-Man pinball game (which features Lizzy, of course). Above the playfield is a sleeve containing posters and art prints.

FetchImageJPG.asp

Various pieces of original comic art, animation cels, and trading card art. Artists include Jim Mooney, Luke Ross, Win Mortimer (Spidey Super Stories!), Joe Bennet, Steve Rude, and Todd McFarlane.

FetchImageJPG.asp

Interior shelves in closet with toys, books, games, etc.

--More to come...!

FetchImageJPG.asp

On top of a comic box containing all the Lizard's comic appearances (and I do mean ALL of them-- from ASM #6- November 1963 to current, including flashback and cameo appearances!), we have some boardgames, Mego figures, the Art Asylum bust, and in front of the bust's box, a Toy Biz prototype figure.

FetchImageJPG.asp

Bottom two shelves with books, novels, trading cards and videos on the bottom, and various stuff on the second shelf including art kits, metal figures, cups, and target sets.

FetchImageJPG.asp

Top shelf with figures including model kits, Toy Biz, Mego, and various foreign bootleg figures.

Any questions? (And I mean besides "Did you know that you're a total dork?")

Wow pretty cool Lizard! How many appearences of Lizard are there? Like the figs and statues. The art work is sweet too. Nice work.

How much did you spend on the Mego figure, and is it in mint condition?

Just curious, what made you become such a big Lizard fan of all villains?

Originally posted by ASM #129
Wow pretty cool Lizard! How many appearences of Lizard are there?
Well, if you include cameo appearances, flashbacks, and crazy stuff like Sergio Aragones Massacres Marvel, there are well over a hundred Lizard appearances-- probably around 150. I've got a list of all the specific comic appearances, of course, but not with me at the moment.

Originally posted by CaptainStacy
How much did you spend on the Mego figure, and is it in mint condition?
I actually have three Mego Lizards. The one in the box (pic #4) is the 1974 "type-one body" version, with solid, non-moveable wrists. I got it in a trade a long time ago. I traded a Remco Creature From the Black Lagoon doll for it. The box is about a C-8 condition, and the figure is C-9, with only minor fading on the tail.

The Mego in the blister-pack (pic#3) is the type-two body from the late '70's with poseable wrists. The figure is perfect mint C-10, even though I got it loose for only $50 in the early days of ebay. The blister card is a repro.

The loose figure in pic #4 standing next to the boxed figure is the Palitoy/Mego "Fist Fighter" Lizard that was only sold in the UK. Note the small black lever on its lower back. When the lever is moved sideways, the figure makes a punching motion. The condition is C-9. I found this figure in 1997 at Sci-Fi World in Orlando FL, and traded a bunch of loose Star Wars Figures for it. I'm still trying to find the British backing card (or a repro), and a mint-on-card version sells for about $500.00 these days.

Originally posted by Jspider13
Just curious, what made you become such a big Lizard fan of all villains?
The short version of this story starts with the fact that I loved dinosaurs starting at age four. Anything remotely like dinosaurs (like Godzilla) or monster reptiles I loved, too. I picked up my first Spidey comic (Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #34) at age eight because Lizzy was on the cover. I loved the character, and he's still my favorite today.

thats cool, can you post a better picture of the prototype Toy biz figure, and you said you had foreign bootleg figures, can you please describe them

Originally posted by GreenGoblin1234
thats cool, can you post a better picture of the prototype Toy biz figure, and you said you had foreign bootleg figures, can you please describe them

FetchImageJPG.asp

Toy Biz prototype on left (unpainted, all hard plastic-no PVC, and no "tail-lashing" mechanism), center- Italian bootleg of "Swamp Roller" Lizard with different paintjob and fewer points of articulation, right- Mexican bootleg based on mold of "Transforming" Lizard- but it doesn't transform, and is almost solid PVC with 4 big points of articulation and a paint job so crappy, it's funny.

FetchImageJPG.asp

Large-size Lizard figures from ToyBiz in rear, "garage" kits of Lizard in front (one is unfinished, obviously).

Cool stuff lizard.I hope to have as much stuff as yours one day only instead of lizard stuff venom stuff.:venom:

Wow, i thought I was an expert...never even aware of the Mego UK version.

Mego release some Batman and Robin "fist-fighter" figures here in the states...If there's a Lizard version, i wonder if there's a Spider-Man fist-fighter out there somewhere....?

Looks like your account is fixed The Lizard... good. ;)

Yep, Malice set things straight ---

--Weird chains of events, though -- perhaps a conspiracy? ;)

Here's another pic of a bunch of stuff from the 1970's:

FetchImageJPG.asp

Back row, l-r : UK exclusive puzzle, Colorforms "Puzzleforms" set, Spider-Man Webspinner Game with plastic figurines of villains, rubber-band gun w/ targets, Marvel Heroes puzzle (1980's).

Front row, l-r: Mego Star Trek "Gorn" figure (brown Lizard head on Klingon body), Spidey playset w/cardboard figures, Mego type 2 Lizard, Mego type 1 Lizard, Prestomagix transfer set, Spidey/Hulk playset w/cardboard figures, Dart gun target set, and 7-11 Slurpee cup.

:eek: Oh my goodness, I knew you were obsessed, but...this is so cool :) Thanks for posting pictures of your collection.

Thanks for the mego link, Liz. That really takes me back to my youth! I'd LOVE to find that Peter Parker figure someday...

Anyway, check your PM's when you get a chance.

lizard i think i have one lizard u dont. its spider lizard. part of the 3 large fig set. he looks not too lizard like but hes still ok. i want them to make a real comic like one some day. but i think for u the one i have is still a must

Originally posted by spideyboy_1111
lizard i think i have one lizard u dont. its spider lizard.

Yeah, I got Spider-Lizard already- he's the 10-inch figure on the right standing behind the model kits in pic # 8.

Now if you mean "Man-Lizard" from the "Arachnophobia" figure series, I've got him too even though he looks more like a green spider than a lizard.

thats who i was talkin bout, the arachnifobia one. :) i didnt see him. i was shocked when i didnt see him lol nice very impressive collection u have

wow thats an amazing collection Lizard :D thank you for posting it on the boards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"