World The Lizard's Lizard collection...

ya almosts makes me wanna have sections of all my spidey peeps. a spidey area, ock group, lizaerd group, etc....

Thanks for answering the number of appearances. How did you get started, was he in one of your first comic books or something. Very cool stuff. Juggernaut is one of my first comic villian favs, I remeber watching "Spider-man and his Amazing friends" the episode with Juggy in it and just remember saying Wow! But I never thought of collecting him eclusively, wish I would have. I have his first appearence Uncanny #12, but what you've done is amazing.

Originally posted by ASM #129
Thanks for answering the number of appearances.

I was just revisiting this thread and I realized that I never gave a more exact answer to this question.

Lizard's total ORIGINAL (not reprints) appearances in the comic books, including cameo appearances, flashbacks, pin-up pages, original cover art, gag comics (like Not Brand Echh and Fred Hembeck Destroys the Marvel Universe), and the appearances of "The Lizard II", or "Lizard Clone" from the 1994-1996 Spidey comics: 151 total.

scary, isn't it?

Originally posted by Cyclops
Do you have the Spider-Lizard books?

Yep -- and just for the record, I AM including the "Spider-Lizard" storyline from PPTSSM # 39-40 in the list of Lizard appearances.

CostumeSpiderLizard.gif

Has anyone seen the MTV animated Spidey and Lizard figures in stores yet?

I'm going to buy Lizzy, of course, but I'd rather not get it from ebay.

I heard they hit stores already.The lizard I think is like 8 inches.

How did you get the first apearence of Lizard?
Do you get the Spiderman video games that have Lizard in them?

Originally posted by wagnerelli
How did you get the first apearence of Lizard?
Do you get the Spiderman video games that have Lizard in them?

I got a VG copy of Amazing Spider-Man # 6 for $18.00 way back in 1987 at a little comic shop in Bradenton, Florida. I remember being worried about my parents finding out that I spent that much on a comic book, so I never told them how much it cost. :D

As far as video games, I have the Sega Genesis game from 1993 with Lizzy (Sega also made a Spidey coin-op arcade game in 1991 with Lizzy in it, but I don't have that -- yet ;)).

I also have the Nintendo 64 version of the Spider-Man game from 2000 that featured Lizzy. I keep meaning to get the PS version of that game too, since it's at KB Toys for like $9 now.

I don't have any of the handheld Spidey games for the Gameboy yet, and I hear that Lizzy was in a couple of those.

I'll also have to get the Spider-Man 2 game when it comes out, since Lizard will be in that one too.

Originally posted by The Lizard
FetchImageJPG.asp

The one on the right look slike Godzilla in a Lab coat.:D

That is one hell of a collection there. If anyone cares I have everything ever produced featurig the Roughneck. (it is a stack of self-writen scripts, some horrible scatches and a cutom Heroclix)

Originally posted by Roughneck
. If anyone cares I have everything ever produced featurig the Roughneck. (it is a stack of self-writen scripts, some horrible scatches and a cutom Heroclix)

Cool-- you should set up a website. :)

Originally posted by The Lizard
Cool-- you should set up a website. :)

I I weren't so Lazy I would. Keep you're eyes peeled maybe one day I will shel my Procrast........ Never mind That word is too long, I'll finish it later.

Yeah Lizard; I've seen a fan site for the freakin' Black Cat...certainly the Lizard, one of Spidey's top rogues, should be represented as well.

Well, I do actually have the domain name "the-lizard.com" registered. ("thelizard.com" was already taken by a stupid graphic design firm, and "lizard.com" is some music collector).

My original intent was to put up a site full of Lizard info and pics when it was officially announced that Lizzy would be in Spider-Man 2. Obviously that didn't happen, so I didn't really feel like spending the $$ to set up a site.

Now that site hosting is cheaper however, maybe I will do it at some point.

Sure, you could include more and greater detailed pics of your collection, reviews and commentary on all his appearances, etc....and anyway, Doc Conners is gonna be in the sequel...that's something. And honestly, with Conners secured, you KNOW the Lizard will show up no later than the fourth Spidey flick....i'd almost bet money on it.

its fine for the cgi series... but if they do that to him in a movie ill shoot my self... i want more of a basic reptile... also theres a basic looking lizard that if its being attacked it can have its tail pulled off and it will grow back... i think connors should be researching that lizard in the movie verse... not just ne lizard... and i could be wrong but i dont think iguanas lose there tails and grow them back...

Well, Iguanas can grow back their tails, but only for one time, if I recall. The tail that grows back is shorter and darker than the original tail.

I really like the MTV Spidey Lizard design, but I'll agree he's too animalistic for a future SM movie, IMO. The horned ridges and fins on the back are a little too much for a creature that started out as a human being. A movie Lizard should look more like the comic version (only not necessarily green, and without those purple pants).

Oh-- here's another pic I uploaded to crappy Picturedot a while ago, but never posted:

FetchImageJPG.asp

Across the botton of the pic is a fold-up comic strip featuring Spidey vs Lizard from a 1978 Spidey Pez dispenser. Art is by Mike Zeck.

Above the strip are a few small items, which are (clockwise from left): Toy Biz pog, French cookie pog, 1990 address book, UK plaster Lizard statue from art set, UK micro-set figure, enamel stick pins, Toy Biz micro-set figure, and a tiny ceramic Lizard figurine made in France and given away with cake on religious holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"