The Lord of the Rings online game

Reaction score
I just got this game and it is a lot like WOW. I mean everything even down to the missions is like a copy cat of WOW. Now I do like the graphics and how everything in the game ties into the book but I wish it had its own look instead of the WOW look.

I played the Beta, which I did enjoy. But it's a carbon copy of WOW, but I do prefer the visuals of WOW a lot more. It's nice to visit places in Middle Earth I will admit, but I think I would prefer to stick with WOW for the time being.

this game was already lame...i just could play WOW and have 10x times more fun

Thats how I felt with this game. So I quit this game too. I am just really playing COH until AOC comes out once that game comes out that will be all I will play.

I played the Beta, which I did enjoy. But it's a carbon copy of WOW, but I do prefer the visuals of WOW a lot more. It's nice to visit places in Middle Earth I will admit, but I think I would prefer to stick with WOW for the time being.

Exactly.

I played Beta as well and it disappointed me. When you hear 'Lord of the Rings' you instantly think epic, grand and fantasy visuals. However I only saw cartoony and a female elf with a huge underbite. :o

That said, the environment was -amazing- in it. I'm just disappointed that they opted for the cartoony look, and made the interface and whatnot so bulky. My main draw to the game was the option to RP, but that seemed lacking as well.

I prefer my visuals to have the quasi-realistic qualities of Guild Wars, or at the very least, City of Heroes.

And the IU was so large! It was like a brick at the bottom of the screen! I don't even play WoW because of the IU there. >.<;

Exactly.

I played Beta as well and it disappointed me. When you hear 'Lord of the Rings' you instantly think epic, grand and fantasy visuals. However I only saw cartoony and a female elf with a huge underbite. :o

That said, the environment was -amazing- in it. I'm just disappointed that they opted for the cartoony look, and made the interface and whatnot so bulky. My main draw to the game was the option to RP, but that seemed lacking as well.

I prefer my visuals to have the quasi-realistic qualities of Guild Wars, or at the very least, City of Heroes.

And the IU was so large! It was like a brick at the bottom of the screen! I don't even play WoW because of the IU there. >.<;

The only thing I hate (and like) about guild wars is that everyone looks like Swedish super models for the most part, the ele running about with massive boobs dressed like a high end hooker and whatnot, lotro is one of the few games I'v seen were elf's actually were the same amount of clothing as. men.

I would rather the game charecters had the look of Frank Frazetta artwork, Age of Conan, pretty much look's like's Frank Frazetta art work, which is cool.

I'll give Turbine there due credit, since the game launch, they have really added a heck of alot to this game, the community seems abit more mature than world of warcraft as well, the UI is too similar to wow, they should have done there own thing, but i guess it was a marketing strategy as alot of people play and are use to wow, as said though alot of the stuff there though existed in everquest before wow.

I have actually been playing this game for a good while now. Had to stop for a few months at one point, due to so busy at work, but started playing again about a month ago.

There're a lot of similiarities with WoW. The interface is a lot alike, but WoW's interface seems to be pretty popular, so why not adopt it for this?

Having played both WoW and LOTRO, the community in LOTRO is a lot more mature. It's much easier and more fun to group in LOTRO and the quests are more enjoyable.

Plus, being able to roam Middle Earth and visit places that up have read about is pretty fun. Plus, meeting characters and playing through events from books is great fun.

There have been loads of free updates with quite a bit of new content being added.

I was quite unsure when I played the beta, but this is turning out to be a really good MMO. Having played both WoW and this, I can honestly say that LOTRO is so much better, in my oh so humble opinion.

No PvP = terrible game.

I think Turbine had really good intentions with the Monster Play aspect of the game. When you got bored leveling or grinding money at 50, you could just go log onto your monster and beat people up. :woot:

However, the imbalance in the Ettenmoors is what I ended up quitting over. Once you've PVP'd for a few hours, you've experienced the whole game. :whatever:

Are there actually any LOTRO players on the Hype?? It would be nice to see if there were.

I was one but now I just play my 360 until AOC comes out. I am how ever thinking about rejoining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"