Lord of the Rings: Gollum Video Game in Development

Interesting. When I looked them up, I had no idea who they were. Knowing this, it makes sense people were actually hyped.
I also had no clue who they were.
They were indie developers, but had made some real gems in the past. Then around five years ago they decided to drop all that, change course and go big, which was clearly a mistake. They should have stayed with what they knew best.

Looks like the game was pulled from the past.

My friend’s surprisingly excited for this still:

E7CD86E0-6464-423A-A38C-48F631481D1D.jpeg

I'm not usually one to complain much about graphics but that looks like a 15 year old game! Are you kidding me with this? :lmao:
Haha. Gears of War 1 is almost 16 years old. This looks like someone mucking about in an ancient engine, not a serious attempt at a game.

I’m a massive LotR fan but I’d rather get my niece to play act as Gollum in the lounge and garden to get a more authentic experience.

That sounds like a lot of fun! :D:up:

Okay, I kinda want to play this just to see how bad it is.

Haha, looks like a disaster but at least the reviews look fun. My inner LotR fan will probably force me to try it one day when it's down to about £2.

Feels kinda hilarious how these devs didn’t really even try and just dumped this out when it’s so obviously not up to par. Many games fail but there is usually a bit more effort and work gone into them.

Its weird I don't think I've seen a recent game with a 35 metacritic score... like I'm not even into Lord of the Rings (Ive only seen the siX movies), but that is such a disastrous rating.

It feels like a prank. It’s pretty hard to get below 50 on a metacritic, you have to be aggressively bad not just regular bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"