The Magneto Thread

Lily Adler

🎼 Insanely Delicious 🎭
Staff member
Reaction score
Will he go by Magnus, Erik, or Max? :eek:

The only correct choice for magneto (if they go white again)

Oh that’s weird? Anyway it’s Jason isaacs

The picture is showing up for me. I was going to make a "king of Spain" joke because of the medals.
600mags2.jpg

I get that.

but I must admit, especially on days like today, watching magneto ripping apart bigots…I simply can’t get enough

They could give that role to someone else.

Magneto was overeXposed in the films and, the foX version has a big chance of returning in Avengers: Secret Wars.

I wonder if MCU Magneto would still lived in the WW2 Era for 2026-2027 those are the most likely years where the MCU X-Men Movies will be released and in the MCU World 2026- 2027 would be like 2029 or 2030 how can Magneto lived so long if he still lived in the WW2 Era? Magneto is not Captain America,Winter Soldier or Wolverine i expect to see changes in MCU Magneto and Xavier Origin stories maybe both grow up in the 60s or 70s instead of the 40s in the MCU World

I wonder if MCU Magneto would still lived in the WW2 Era for 2026-2027 those are the most likely years where the MCU X-Men Movies will be released and in the MCU World 2026- 2027 would be like 2029 or 2030 how can Magneto lived so long if he still lived in the WW2 Era? Magneto is not Captain America,Winter Soldier or Wolverine
I've said before that the problem with the MCU version of Magneto is going to be the timeline. You can't take away Magneto's holocaust backstory because that informs so much of his character, that is what drives him, he doesn't want to see mutants ending up in the same position at the hands of humans as the Jews did at the hands of the nazis. However having a bunch of X-Men struggling against a geriatric in his 90s just makes the team look ridiculous.

The only way they could include a younger Magneto whilst still keeping the holocaust backstory is using an alternate universe Magneto where either time moves slower so whereas in the MCU it's 2026 but in AU Magneto's timeline it's still the early 90s etc, or have Magneto be from a timeline where the nazis won and the holocaust has essentially been dragged out to present day and Magneto is part of a rebel group trying to survive and fight the regime. That also throws up the moral question of whether that timeline should be pruned because of what is happening in it whereas in the Loki series pruning alternate timelines was presented as bad.
X-Men's Professor X & Magneto Story Can Finally End In MCU Phase 6

If Sir Ian McKellen appears in Secret Wars.

I hope thats the last movie appearance of Magneto. I don't want to see a reboot for that character.

I think it would be interesting to see the X-Men without the whole Xavier/Magneto dynamic. Obviously they need Xavier around long enough to give the team their name, but Jean Grey and Polaris basically cover the skill set of the two men more or less (and again you have the timeline issue with Magneto) so it would be nice for other X-Men villains to get their time in the spotlight. Also X-Men 97 demonstrated that the X-Men can function without Xavier around and without Magneto as a villain.

If they use the snap as the catalyst for the mutant gene emerging, then you already create a sense of us/them and an environment of fear where all mutants were snap victims but not all snap victims were mutants. the memorials to the snap victims then become a list of targets so you get the FOH extremist targeting innocent people (mutant and human alike) just because they're on the list and in response to that you then get mutant extremists and the situation just gets worse and it's the innocent people in the middle that suffer.

I've said before that the problem with the MCU version of Magneto is going to be the timeline. You can't take away Magneto's holocaust backstory because that informs so much of his character, that is what drives him, he doesn't want to see mutants ending up in the same position at the hands of humans as the Jews did at the hands of the nazis. However having a bunch of X-Men struggling against a geriatric in his 90s just makes the team look ridiculous.

The only way they could include a younger Magneto whilst still keeping the holocaust backstory is using an alternate universe Magneto where either time moves slower so whereas in the MCU it's 2026 but in AU Magneto's timeline it's still the early 90s etc, or have Magneto be from a timeline where the nazis won and the holocaust has essentially been dragged out to present day and Magneto is part of a rebel group trying to survive and fight the regime. That also throws up the moral question of whether that timeline should be pruned because of what is happening in it whereas in the Loki series pruning alternate timelines was presented as bad.

I don't think they'd need to resort to the multiverse to explain the age issue. You can just say he ages slower for whatever reason. Personally, I'd give him the Winter Soldier treatment and say Hydra used him as a weapon and kept him on ice when they didn't need him. He then regained his freedom post-TWS and met Charles.

For Magneto...here you are going to have to play around with the origin story unless they set the X Men MCU in the 1980s or 1990s and you use the Multiverse to explain away certain things

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"