The Miami Vice appreciation thread

Batty Belfry

Just some nut...
Reaction score
You can view the entire 1st season of the show on Myspace TV. I hadn't seen it since it originally aired, and I am still amazed at the quality of the show for it's time. Well, the first 2 seasons were awesome anyway. The 3rd season had a lot of strong stories as well, but after that it kind of fell apart, which is also when Dick Wolf took over production of the show...

I didn't see the movie, and I don't know if I really want to. Crockett & Tubbs were awesome back in the day.

Discussions?

This show was just simply amazing. An amazing combination of visuals and music. I absolutly LOVE Miami Vice.

Fav epsiodes?

I always loved the 2 parter where Zito dies and Swytek goes for revenge to clear Zitos rep.

[YT]LGkurWAXgZs[/YT]
still one of the best tv intros out there :woot:

Favorite episodes? Hmm, Pilot ep, Everglades hillbilly episode, Home Invaders, Smugglers Blues, New York 2hr, the episode that had Bruce Willis, etc..

There are way too many to list I think. The first 3 seasons were the strongest I believe. After that, well, shows about aliens and stolen bull semen just didn't quite cut the mustard, lol.

One of the greatest shows of all time! The first two seasons were downright classic!

I loved The Calderone trilogy (Brother's Keeper, Return of Calderone and Return of Calderone Part.II)

[YT]ARiSJWjmFW4&fmt=18[/YT]

icon14.gif
This is my most favoritist show ever, I just finally got a S1 DVD, this show in particullar is hard to find and not cheap bytheby even and Best Buy.

Any, my favorite's are the ones that feature either Castillo, like Bushido, the one w/ the home invasions, and the 2 parter w/ the Thai killings. and all the ones w/ Gina:o

I hope Mann goes forward w/ Miami Vice 2, I really did like the first one, some of it was weak, but the feel was there.

Also the one where Sonny looses his memory and believs his own cover...awesome.

icon14.gif
This is my most favoritist show ever, I just finally got a S1 DVD, this show in particullar is hard to find and not cheap bytheby even and Best Buy.

Any, my favorite's are the ones that feature either Castillo, like Bushido, the one w/ the home invasions, and the 2 parter w/ the Thai killings. and all the ones w/ Gina:o

I hope Mann goes forward w/ Miami Vice 2, I really did like the first one, some of it was weak, but the feel was there.

Also the one where Sonny looses his memory and believs his own cover...awesome.

Awesome choices!

I've been looking into buying the Complete DVD Boxset! It seems cheaper to buy it off Amazon then to buy all 5 seasons separately!

Awesome choices!

I've been looking into buying the Complete DVD Boxset! It seems cheaper to buy it off Amazon then to buy all 5 seasons separately!

You're right, it would be. Friend of mine bought each season as they were released, but yeah .. if I was looking into purchasing the entire series, the Boxset would be the way to go right now. :up:

[YT]NOzuoY9Blcg[/YT]

one of the best moments of the series, that poor POOR Ferrari :csad:

Loved the music :D !

The episode "No Exit" with a young Bruce Willis is one of my favorites. I liked the use of Phil Collin's song, "I Don't Care Anymore" in that one. I thought the freeze frame on Crockett at the end was really effective too.

I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons more than the last, but one episode I liked in the later seasons was where Tubbs is suspected of being a dirty cop. Lou Diamond Phillips is in it I believe.

The episode "No Exit" with a young Bruce Willis is one of my favorites. I liked the use of Phil Collin's song, "I Don't Care Anymore" in that one. I thought the freeze frame on Crockett at the end was really effective too.

I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons more than the last, but one episode I liked in the later seasons was where Tubbs is suspected of being a dirty cop. Lou Diamond Phillips is in it I believe.

I remember the miami vice trapper keepers in school.

Episode "Evan" I thought had one of the coolest slomotion scene at the end, where Crockett and Tubbs started to walk away before the shoot out. Don Johnson had some of the best expressions when slomotion was involved in a scene.

Watching the reruns on the Sleuth channel and seeing Michael Richards as a ruthless bookie or Ed O'Neill/Al Bundy as a crooked cop is so funny.

I didn't like the whole Sheena Easton pop star singer getting married to Crockett, but that didn't last long.

Ed 'O Neil has played cops a lot in his carrer (and before he was "Al Bundy") and I think he always does a damn good job playing cops wehter it's for laughs or for serious. Ed's a really great actor.

Ed 'O Neil has played cops a lot in his carrer (and before he was "Al Bundy") and I think he always does a damn good job playing cops wehter it's for laughs or for serious. Ed's a really great actor.

Agreed!

The scene where Artie confronts Crockett and Tubbs is a great scene! Ed effectively portrays a man who has been under for far too long and can't come to terms with what he has become! Great episode...The ending is sad as well, but very effective!

'Evan' has some great moments in it as well. Jan Hammer's score during the scene between Crockett and Tubbs when Crockett tells the story of Mike Orgel is pretty powerful. Great acting, very underplayed and real by Don Johnson and Michael Philip Thomas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"